There's a subscription box for just about anything these days - which is great news for any woman! Now, you can get your favorite products on-demand and delivered right to your doorstep every month (or sooner). Whether you need makeup, skincare products, clothing, or even a week's worth of meals, subscription boxes have you covered.
But, since the market's so flooded with subscription boxes for women it can feel challenging to find the right box for your needs. So, we decided to compile a list of the 25 very best subscription boxes for women in 2023 with the help of our readers. Below, you’ll find our insights for shopping monthly subscription boxes and quarterly subscriptions for women spanning all major categories.
Top Subscription Boxes Featured In This List:
And more! Keep reading to see the full details of the top subscriptions plus many more recommendations.
The 25 Best Women’s Subscription Boxes and Services in 2023
The following list of subscription boxes for women is split into the following categories:
- Beauty - Includes makeup, skincare, perfume, and related items
- Clothing - Options for most sizes including plus size and maternity wear
- Lifestyle - Boxes that include a mix of products like beauty-related items and accessories
- Jewelry - Different styles and types of jewelry
- Food & Drink - Meal kits, coffee, tea, and wine
Best Beauty Subscription Boxes for Women
Best Beauty Subscription Box Overall
Editor's Note: In February 2023, IPSY and Boxycharm merged subscriptions (see our story here). Glam Bag Plus is now called BoxyCharm, and the drawstring bag has been removed to allow for better box choices.
BoxyCharm delivers 5 full-size beauty products each month from a variety of both indie and established brands, with a total retail value of up to $200 in every box. The beauty items featured vary from month to month and will include beauty tools as well as skincare and haircare items. Members get to handpick 3 items each month and also have the option to upgrade to Icon Box if they want more products that are curated by beauty’s biggest celebs.
- Brands like tarte, Fenty, Murad, and Viseart
- Choose 3 out of 5 products
- All products are full-size
- Can't customize everything
2. Glam Bag
Best Value Beauty Subscription Box
Glam Bag delivers 5 deluxe samples of high-end and drugstore beauty products each month for only $13. You’ll receive a combo of makeup and skincare selections along with bonus beauty tools based on your requests. What’s more, you get a cute little bag to hold your samples. The bag changes from month to month and their in-house design team chooses a new look for every bag.
- Super affordable
- Includes a good mix of products
- Cute makeup bag included
- Just sample sizes
Best Beauty Box for Trying Out a Great Selection
The Allure Beauty Box is a monthly beauty subscription offering a selection of deluxe samples and full-size products from well-known brands. Each box comes with at least 7 Allure-approved makeup and skincare products (at least 3 full-sized), valued at $100+. You’ll even get access to exclusive limited-edition boxes, members-only prices, virtual events, and promo codes.
- Very affordable for what you get
- Mix of drug-store, mid-range, and top-name beauty brands
- 3 full-size products per box
- No customization
Best Beauty Box for Discovering New Products
Editor's Note: Birchbox was facing a host of challenges Fall 2022 that led to the need to suddenly and unexpectedly pause operations, and engage in sale of the business through a formal restructuring process. As of May 2023, Birchbox has found new ownership in Retention Brands and has relaunched! They will be shipping out all owed boxes over the next several weeks and will soon allow you to customize your monthly box.
Each Birchbox delivery is packed with an amazing variety of samples, and that’s why this beauty box has been a reader favorite for years. The box mixes drugstore beauty, new beauty, and known beauty products so that you can always try something new and find new staples.
The makeup subscription is somewhat customizable, so you only receive products you’re interested in. Simply set your personal preferences in your beauty profile, and Birchbox will send 4-6 deluxe samples right to your door.
You’ll receive a selection of hair care, makeup, body care, skin care, and fragrance products, along with tips on how to use and enjoy each item. When you find a sample you love, you can purchase the full-size product from the Birchbox store.
- Up to 6 products per box
- Very affordable
- New ownership has resulted in better customer service and site design
- Birchbox's reputation hit an all-time low after the mishaps involved in 2022
Best Eco-Friendly Beauty Box
Kinder Beauty Box is a cruelty-free, vegan beauty box that lives up to its name. You’ll get curated monthly boxes (in eco-friendly packaging, of course) filled with 5 products including cruelty-free makeup, skincare, haircare, and other beauty essentials valued up to $165.
None of the products contain talc, parabens, sulfates, EDTA, siloxanes, or anything else you can’t pronounce — and nothing you wouldn’t want to put on your body. The company also donates a portion of its proceeds to charities, so you can enjoy the excitement of a monthly makeup subscription while supporting some great causes.
- Compassionate curation delivers cruelty-free products
- Expect to receive a good mix of full-size and sample-sized products
- Affordable for what you get
- More sample-size products than full-size
Best Perfume Subscription Box
Scentbird is by far one of the most popular perfume subscription boxes available. Each month you'll receive one 8 mL vial of the perfume of your choice. You'll also get a free atomizer case in your first box.
You can pick out your new scent for the upcoming month from 400+ options, including designer fragrances. Or, you can select the option for "Scent of the Month" in which case Scentbird will choose your next perfume for you.
When first starting out with this monthly subscription, you'll automatically be signed up to receive one scent per month. However, you can choose to receive 2 or 3 scents in future boxes if you need more variety.
- 400+ fragrances to choose from
- Choose your scent or be surprised
- Can upgrade to receive more scents
- Doesn't provide ingredients for each fragrance
Best Clothing Subscription Boxes for Women
7. Stitch Fix
Best Clothing Subscription Box Overall
Stitch Fix is one of the most popular personal styling services for women (including plus and maternity). When you sign up, you'll take a detailed survey about your personal style preferences, sizes, price ranges, and more. A Stitch Fix in-house stylist will then send you five clothing and accessory items personalized to your needs. Try everything on at home, and only keep what you love. Returns are free, and you get a discount for keeping everything.
- A stylist curates your box to your style and budget
- Discount if you keep everything
- Plus-size and maternity-friendly
- There's a $20 styling fee (if you don't keep anything)
Best Clothing Subscription for Affordable Name Brands
Wantable is a personal styling service that sends high-quality clothing and accessories based on a user's style profile after taking a style quiz. There is a $20 styling fee that is applied to any purchase made from your “Edit” and if you keep 5 or more items, you receive a 20% discount as well. Wantable offers three different styling subscription services for women: Style, Active, and Sleep & Body, as well as a Men’s Fitness Edit. Each styling service allows members to try out different styles at home before committing to their purchase. This means members can try 7 clothing and/or accessory items handpicked just for them in the comfort of home before buying them.
- Keep 5 or more items and get a 20% discount
- Free shipping + returns
- Range of popular brands
- There's a $20 styling fee (if you don't make a purchase)
Best Clothing Rental Subscription for Top-Name Brands
With an Armoire membership, you get exclusive access to rent an endless wardrobe of high-end brands (think Paige, Yumi Kim, Joie, DVF, etc) delivered to you to wear and return when you want. Shipping and dry cleaning are free! There are clothes available for all aspects of your life—from work to weekends, parties, and everything in between.
Using a combination of stylists and algorithms, Armoire learns your style so you don’t spend forever browsing. Armoire has 3 tiers of membership, offering plans that send 4 items, 7 items, or the unlimited plan that allows ongoing swaps.
- Affordable access to high-end brands
- Multiple subscription tier options
- Return when you want to
- A little pricey
10. Rent the Runway
Best Clothing Subscription for Designer Fashion
Rent the Runway is a rental service for designer women’s clothing and accessories. Many fashion lovers use it to find one-off looks for weddings, black-tie events, and cocktail parties. However, Rent the Runway also offers plans that let you upgrade your everyday wardrobe on a regular basis. You can rent 5, 10, or 15 pieces of clothing per month.
- High-end designer clothing
- Range of rental plans
- Free shipping & returns
- Pricier than some other rentals
11. Gwynnie Bee
The Best Clothing Rental Service for Plus Sizes
Gwynnie Bee is a size-inclusive clothing rental service with women sizes 0-32! Choose a plan that fits your needs (get anywhere from one to 10 items a month), add your favorite looks from their catalog to your "closet", and Gwynnie Bee will send you a surprise assortment of your picks. You get unlimited swaps, too—once you're done with a look, go ahead and return it to get something new. You can also buy Gwynnie Bee looks at a discount.
- Size inclusive
- Flexible plan
- Unlimited swaps
- Can't handpick items
12. Dia & Co
Best Plus-Size Clothing Subscription for Keeps
Skip the mall and save time with Dia & Co, the personal styling subscription made for women sizes 14-32. Each box includes 5 trend-savvy styles picked to fit your unique preferences. Keep what you love and return what you don't. We're smitten with all of the super-cute patterns and colors they offer, but you'll also find plenty of beautiful basics and understated looks. Did we mention they have fitness clothing too?
- Made specifically for plus-size women
- Colors + patterns as well as basics
- Offers fitness clothing items
- There's a $20 styling fee (if you don’t make a purchase)
Best Lifestyle Subscription Boxes for Women
Best Lifestyle Subscription Box for All-Around Pampering
FabFitFun is a popular lifestyle box that's delivered each quarter. You’ll receive 6-8 quality items in each quarterly shipment including full-size beauty products, clothing, gadgets, and on-trend home goods.
You can expect to receive everything from must-have makeup to indie fashion from women-owned brands, our readers think FabFitFun stands out among other boxes.
- You’ll receive 6-8 lifestyle items every quarter
- Full-size beauty products to decor, accessories, and more
- Affordable given the selection of products
- Limited customizability
Best for Women Who Love the Beach
If wish that summer lasted all year long, then Beachly is the perfect box for you. Every box captures the style, aesthetic, and coastal vibes of a luxury beach vacation. Products include beach apparel, jewelry, home decor, beach essentials, hair care, and beauty products, along with health and fitness items.
You’ll also get access to deals and discounts on additional beach products from the member market. Plus, for every box sold, Beachly donates to the Southern California coastal cleaning organization Heal the Bay.
- A quarterly subscription box with apparel, jewelry, home decor, and much more
- Experience beach vibes all year long
- Great way to explore new brands while preparing for beach season
- If you rarely hit the beach, you might not find the products appealing
Best Luxury Subscription Box for Women
If you want to feel like a celebrity who has items chosen just for you, CURATEUR is the box you’re looking for. This quarterly curated box delivers exclusive, name-brand fashion, beauty, and home essentials.
This subscription promises a value of $400+ in each shipment, and you can count on feeling pampered as you unbox each curation. You do get to pick some elements of your box, which makes it even more perfect for you.
- Receive luxury products curated by celebrity stylist and designer Rachel Zoe
- Receive at least 5 “statement staples” per box
- Each box has a retail value of $400+
- Limited customization options
Best for Active Lifestyle Products
Ellie is a women's fitness and workout clothing subscription that offers three subscription types. Choose from 2 item boxes (generally a top, and bottom), 3 item boxes include 1 complete apparel outfit (generally a top, sports bra, and bottom), while 5 item boxes include the 3 apparel items + 2 fitness accessories/equipment items.
We've gotten everything from hats and reflective bands to jump ropes and resistance bands. Ellie releases new complete outfit collections at the start of each month and you have until the 4th to choose your collection or skip that month.
- Three boxes to choose from
- Option to add gym accessories
- Choose between newly released outfits each month
- Limited sizing (XS-XL only)
Best Jewelry Subscription Boxes for Women
Best Overall Jewelry Subscription Box
Rocksbox is a jewelry rental service that lets you rent 3 pieces of hand-picked designer jewelry for a low monthly fee. You can wear your new looks for as long as you want, and when you're done, swap the set out for something new. Rocksbox also lets you buy the jewelry items you can't bear to part with!
Your monthly fee serves as a monthly membership credit that can be applied toward the cost of the jewelry items you want to keep. Your monthly credit is available starting the first day of each month and must be used in that same month. And, you cannot use it to purchase jewelry from the New Jewelry or Clearance Shop.
- Unlimited rental of designer jewelry
- 3 pieces each month
- Monthly fee goes toward purchases
- Use it or lose it monthly credit
18. Your Bijoux Box
Best Jewelry Subscription Box for Coordinating Sets
Your Bijoux Box is a monthly jewelry and accessory subscription that sends subscribers a 3-piece collection that has a $100+ value. Each box also includes a bonus accessory item and a jewelry travel bag.
Bijoux Box is a surprise each month, but you have a bit of customization. You can choose whether or not you want to receive earrings and also choose between silver only, gold only, or silver and gold jewelry. All jewelry is 18k rose gold plated, 18k yellow gold plated, or sterling silver plated.
- 3 pieces per month
- Boxes come with extra goodies too
- Choose gold, silver, or a mix
- Can't choose jewelry
Best Seasonal Earring Subscription Box
HANGSQUAD offers a seasonal earring subscription box that's curated for the season. You can choose to receive 5, 10, or 20 pairs per box and you're also able to choose your style preferences and sizing by completing a style profile. Each box comes with trendy pieces and is a total surprise every 3 months.
- Choose from 3 boxes
- Receive a mix of styles, or choose your preferences
- Fun way to build your earring collection quickly
- Can't handpick items
Best Food Subscription Boxes and Drink Subscription Boxes for Women
Best Overall Food Subscription Box
Our readers love HelloFresh, and so do thousands of others. In fact, it’s currently rated as the best subscription box for food in the United States. You can order 2-6 recipes per week for 2 or 4 people, and there are 6 different meal categories available.
In our experience, HelloFresh recipes were significantly easier than other premium services; we never found ourselves rushing back and forth between hot pans and the prep table, which made for a less stressful cooking experience. On average, they take about 20-30 minutes to cook.
The ingredients are dependably high quality, and the recipes are delicious and versatile. A large number of the recipes tend to feature Southwestern flavors, but by logging in online, you can suit the menu to your taste preferences. Helpful tags help you find meals with quick prep times, limited calories, and other features. If you’ve never tried a meal kit service, this is the perfect place to start.
- Can order 2-6 recipes for 2 or 4 people per week
- Can choose from 6 meal types
- Plenty of easy recipes that take 30 min or less
- Does not accommodate certain diets and allergens
21. Green Chef
Best Food Subscription Box for Diet-Friendly, Organic Meals
Green Chef focuses on providing gourmet meals with fresh, organic ingredients. They also offer paleo- and keto-friendly meals, so if you’re cutting carbs, they’re certainly worth a look. Ingredients come pre-measured and prepped along with pre-made sauces, marinades, and spice blends. You're also able to receive 3 or 4 meals per week for 2, 4, or 6 people and can subscribe to 6 different meal categories.
- All produce and eggs are organic
- Works with farmers for sustainable ingredients
- Offers meals that fit several diets
- More expensive than other options due to ingredient sourcing
22. Home Chef
Best Food Subscription Box for Customization
Home Chef delivers delicious, crowd-pleasing meals and offers a customization option for most plates, which is what readers love. They also offer low- or no-prep meals (their Fresh & Easy food subscription service) and dietitian-approved plans (Fresh Start). The customizable menu is definitely the selling point but be prepared to pay extra if you’re adding additional items to your order.
- Offers a high level of customization
- Choose from 30+ recipes each week
- Swap out ingredients and set dietary preferences
- Not suitable for all diets and allergens
23. Trade Coffee
Best Coffee Subscription
Trade Coffee matches you with small-batch coffees from unique roasters around the country based on a short quiz and how you rate each shipment. In other words, the coffee is curated to each subscriber and the initial quiz you take collects information about how you’re preparing your coffee and which roasts you typically prefer.
Once you've received your coffee and are finished sampling it, you can rate the blend and then Trade will provide new recommendations that should fit your tastebuds best. However, you’re always free to choose your own coffee and there are over 400+ blends to choose from.
- All coffee sent is based on your tastes and preferences
- 400+ different coffee options to choose from
- Can easily customize your subscription service
- Can't subscribe to cold brew concentrate
24. Sips by
Best Personalized Tea Service
Tell your tea preferences to the Sips by team and they’ll curate a box that matches your tastes. Sips by offers both loose-leaf teas and bagged teas and you’ll get teas from well-known and up-and-coming brands.
Each Personalized Tea Discovery Box comes with 4 new premium teas, steeping guidelines and tasting notes, as well as biodegradable tea filters as needed. Tea Discovery Club Membership Perks include personalized recommendations, members-only virtual tea parties, exclusive free shipping offers, early access to seasonal shops, and tea education and recipes.
- Teas sent are personalized to your tastes
- You get to try 4 different brands each box
- Includes muslin cloth/drawstring bag with disposable tea bags if you receive loose-leaf tea
- Can't choose specific products
25. Vine Oh!
Best Wine Club for Women
Vine Oh! is great if you want more than just wine to show up at your door every quarter. Each box contains two bottles of premium wines (you’ll get to decide whether to receive reds, whites, or both), along with spa-quality “rejuvenating" products and other gifts. Most also include decadent treats — think dark chocolates and other goodies that pair well with the alcohol.
- 2 bottles of wine per box
- Includes other goodies
- Fun to gift
- Can't choose specific products
How to Get The Most Out of Your Subscription Box for Women Once You’ve Picked
So you’ve picked a box–great! Now what? We recommend taking these steps to make sure you’re getting the most from your new subscription.
- Take advantage of coupons and discounts when signing up. Many subscription boxes for women (and for men, and for children, for that matter) offer coupons, promos, and other discounts to first-time subscribers. We’ve provided discounts and promotional links where possible to help you score a great deal. Our MSA Deals Page is a great resource if you’re trying to save when you sign up.
- Understand all of the perks of your subscription. Several subscriptions on this list offer discounts, add-ons, and other bonuses for members, so explore all the possibilities and take advantage of your new membership. Our reviews can be a great way to learn more about the specifics of each subscription box.
- Read the terms and conditions. We hope you never have a problem with your delivery or your subscription, but that sometimes happens. Read the details about how to return or exchange products and make sure you know how to contact the brand when there is a problem.
- Consider another one! Once you’ve enjoyed a few boxes from your new subscription, start looking for others that you may enjoy.
Factors We Considered When Reviewing These Subscription Boxes for Women
This list features top choices from our fellow subscription fanatics, and we confidently recommend these subscription boxes because we have researched and reviewed every one of them. Factors we considered when reviewing these subscriptions include:
- Pricing - We always look for subscriptions that provide a decent value compared to retail prices. However, recognize that calculating the overall value of a subscription can be difficult, especially when comparing boxes that offer completely different types of products.
- Customizability - We love receiving any surprises in the mail! But if a box offers some degree of customization, we love it that much more! On the list above, we noted whether each subscription allows subscribers to choose products.
- Variety - You’ll find everything from book clubs to online personal stylists in our list of the best subscription boxes for women. We wanted to give you a variety of options to help find services that truly work for you and your lifestyle.
- Customer Service - We read through user reviews to highlight brands that have exceptional customer service reputations. If a subscription box has a history of bad behavior towards subscribers, it won’t make our list. However, there are sometimes issues that change the quality of a subscription box and we try to note that too.