Great news: subscription boxes aren't just for women anymore! Now, you can find tons of subscription boxes for men in just about any niche possible. Whether you're looking to build a supply of grooming products, load up on meals for the week, or upgrade your personal style, there's a subscription service for every man out there.
Every year, we ask our readers to share their top recommended subscriptions of all types. Then we ask our experts to share what they know about each subscription to make it easy for you to know which subscription is right for you. Below, you’ll find our insights for shopping the best subscription boxes for men in 2023. Our list spans the following major categories: lifestyle, food, coffee and tea, alcohol, clothing, and personal care.
Top Subscription Boxes Featured In This List:
The 22 Best Subscription Boxes for Men in 2023
The Best Lifestyle Subscription Boxes for Men
1. Bespoke Post
The Best Lifestyle Subscription Box for Men
Each month, Bespoke Post subscribers choose a themed box filled with unique hand-curated pieces. You'll receive lifestyle items, gadgets, home decor, and more. Every item is made from high-quality materials, with few of the “trinket"-type pieces you’d get from less expensive men’s subscription boxes. This curated box is designed to introduce you to something new, which might mean a better way to shave, a trend-conscious take on barware, or even a new hobby.
- A curated selection of luxury goods, tailored to your tastes
- Products have high-quality materials
- Great for finding trends and upgrading your lifestyle
- More expensive than other favorite subscription boxes among men
The Best Quarterly Box for Men
GQ Best Stuff Box is curated by the editors of GQ Magazine, and the items are certainly on-brand. Each quarter you’ll find a mix of apparel, accessories, and grooming products with a total retail value of $200 or more. You’ll also receive exclusive discounts from the featured brands and access to tutorials for many of the products.
- Luxury apparel, grooming products, and more
- Hand-selected by the editors of GQ Magazine
- Exclusive access to products at discounted rates
- Per-box cost is expensive
3. Breo Box
Best for Tech and Gadgets
The BREO BOX is a quarterly subscription box for men that delivers the best up-and-coming tech and lifestyle products. Each box comes with 5-8 home-good, lifestyle, or fitness items along with fun gadgets matching a seasonal theme. Past boxes have included items like Bluetooth earbuds, a portable LED projector, the PhoneSoap UV Sanitizer box, and a FujiFilm Instax camera.
- Makes an outstanding gift
- Brand-name products
- Excellent mix of home goods, lifestyle products, tech, and more
- Product quality varies month to month
Best for Survival Gear and Tools
BattlBox is a monthly subscription box that focuses on preparedness, camping, and survival. Expect to receive items like fire starters, knives and sharpeners, compasses, and other essentials from brands like TOPS, Spyderco, Gerber, and Bastion. There are 4 subscription box tiers to choose from, but every option offers plenty of emergency supplies and survival tools.
- Get gear, reading material, and more
- High-quality products from well-known brands
- Several subscription tiers
- Can be expensive, depending on the subscription level
The Best Meal and Snacks Subscription Boxes for Men
The Best Prepared Meal Delivery Service for Men
Factor_ sends prepared meals that you can pop in a microwave for 2 minutes and eat. All of their meals are prepared and cooked by gourmet chefs, and they’re always shipped out fresh. Each week you can choose from over 30+ options like sun-dried tomato chicken with zucchini noodles, stuffed pepper casseroles, and chili-spiced pork chops.
Factor is best known for its wide range of keto-friendly meals, but they offer options for everyone. Their ingredient sourcing is also top-notch and includes grass-fed meats with no antibiotics or hormones as well as organic and non-GMO produce.
- Great for men on-the-go
- Perfect choice for those on keto and calorie-smart meals
- Produce is organic and meats are grass-fed
- Portions aren't always that large
6. Butcher Box
The Best All-Around Meat Delivery Service
Butcher Box offers an incredible meat delivery service for consumers who are looking for a variety of different meats and cuts. It also abides by some of the strictest animal welfare standards out there. You can subscribe to one of their curated meat subscription boxes (beef, beef and chicken, beef and pork, or mixed)and select either a classic box (8-11 lbs) or a big box (16-22 lbs). Or, build your own custom box which lets you add in wild-caught seafood.
- Offers meat and seafood
- Abides by strict and ethical sourcing
- Offers flexibility for subscriptions
- Limited options for seafood
The Best International Snack Subscription Box for Men
Universal Yums is a monthly snack subscription box that delivers a variety of international snacks from all around the world. Each delivery brings an unforgettable experience that mixes the fun of food, travel, and learning in one tasty box! You’ll receive a delivery of snacks and candy from a different country, paired with plenty of information about what’s in your box. Choose to receive 5-7, 10-12, or 18-20 snacks per month.
- Try out a new country each month
- Each box contains a mix of sweet and savory snacks
- Three sizes to choose from
- Does not accommodate dietary restrictions
The Best Subscription Box for Men Who Grill
If you live with a spatula in your hand, then you need Grill Masters Club. Each box includes a mix of premium sauces, rubs, grill accessories, and more paired with recipes and cooking tips. Members also gain access to the Grill Masters online community, where you’ll find how-to videos, giveaways, product discounts, and plenty of BBQ-related discussions.
- Makes a great gift for guys who love grilling
- Master new rubs, sauces, and more
- Included materials help you use each item effectively
- Not ideal if you only break out the grill once a year
The Best Coffee and Tea Subscription Boxes for Men
The Best Coffee Subscription Box for Men
Year after year, Atlas Coffee Club remains one of the best coffee subscription boxes as voted by our readers. Each coffee subscription box includes a curated selection of single-origin coffee from a specific country. You’ll also receive a postcard from the country and information about tasting notes and brewing tips. All you need to do is choose from your preferred roast options and grind type.
- Freshly roasted beans from Fair Trade-certified farms
- New and different coffees each month
- Personalized to your taste preferences, so you won’t get a disappointing roast
- Can be expensive
10. Sips by
Best Personalized Tea Service
Image via our review.
Tell your tea preferences to the Sips by team and they’ll curate a box that matches your tastes. Sips by offers both loose-leaf teas and bagged teas, and you’ll get teas from well-known and up-and-coming brands. Each Personalized Tea Discovery Box comes with 4 new premium teas, steeping guidelines and tasting notes, as well as biodegradable tea filters as needed. Tea Discovery Club Membership Perks include personalized recommendations, members-only virtual tea parties, exclusive free shipping offers, early access to seasonal shops, and tea education and recipes.
- Customized to your preferences
- Loose-leaf or bagged tea
- 4 teas per box
- Hard to get repeats of specific teas since variety is the goal
11. Trade Coffee
The Best Coffee Subscription Box for Men Who Want to Support Small Businesses
Trade Coffee matches you with small-batch coffees from unique roasters around the country based on a short quiz and how you rate each shipment. The initial quiz you take collects information about how you’re preparing your coffee and which roasts you typically prefer. Once you've received your coffee and are finished sampling it, you can rate the blend and then Trade Coffee will provide more personalized recommendations. However, you’re always free to choose your own coffee and there are over 400+ blends available.
- 450+ coffees to try
- Trade Coffee has an algorithm to curate the perfect box for you
- Great for discovering the best craft coffee in the US
- Not great for men who want to try international coffee
The Best Alcohol Subscription Boxes for Men
Best Overall Alcohol Subscription Box for Men
Image via our review.[/caption]
Flaviar lets you treat yourself to your favorite spirits from around the world. You can sign up for a monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscription and will receive 1, 2, or 8 products respectively. Each product is either a Tasting Box, or a bottle from Flaviar's curated selection. The Tasting Box includes 3x50ml (1.7oz) curated samples of premium and/or craft spirits along with a collectible Flaviar branded concrete coaster. A guide is also included that explains the tasting notes and provides information about distilleries.
- Explore a wide range of spirits
- Completely personalized to your tastes
- Members' discounts in the online shop
- No beer or wine
13. Craft Beer Club
The Best Beer Subscription Box for Men
The Craft Beer Club brings an exciting (and delicious) mix of premium craft beers right to your doorstep. Their curators seek out the best microbreweries to deliver an ever-changing selection of high-end brews. Your monthly subscription includes 12 or 24 beers in 4 different styles, along with the Monthly Beer Newsletter, which details the origins of every bottle.
- Explore a wide range of beers from the best independent breweries in the world
- Learn about each bottle with the included newsletter
- Each box features 4 beer styles
- Slightly expensive (though you’re paying for the curation)
Best Monthly Box for Small-Batch Wines
Image via our review.[/caption]
Winc is a subscription box tailor-made for wine lovers. The experience begins with a quiz to learn your taste and curate your selections, relying on your feedback about preferences in fruits, beverages, and food. Wine connoisseurs will find 4 bottles each month — you can replace any of their selections or skip a bottle to get a credit towards your next order. With regularly changing offerings of unique, small-production wines, Winc delivers quality curated wines at an affordable price point.
- 4 bottles per month
- Curated to your tastes
- Large selection of brands
- If you're a real connoisseur, you may prefer choosing your own higher-end blends
The Best Subscription Boxes for Clothing and Accessories
15. Stitch Fix Men
The Best Subscription Box for Men's Clothing
Ever wish you could afford a personal stylist and shopper? That’s where Stitch Fix comes in. This clothing subscription box for men curates apparel for only $20 per month (this styling fee can be applied towards any items you decide to keep).
Start by filling out a survey, detailing your fit, style preferences, size, and price range. You’ll be matched with a personal stylist based on your feedback, then you’ll receive 5 hand-picked items to try on in the comfort of your own home. Keep anything you love and send everything else back. Returns are free, and you'll get 25% off if you keep the entire box.
- High-quality clothes backed with a price-match guarantee
- Stitch Fix’s personal stylists are excellent at curating on-trend looks
- Convenient way to shop for clothes while skipping the department store
- Charged monthly fee even if you don't keep anything
16. Menlo Club
The Best Subscription Box for Budget-Friendly Shopping
Menlo Club is a monthly men's clothing subscription that sends casual, classic, and fashion-forward garments styled to your tastes. You'll take a survey to start your fashion journey. Then, a stylist will curate 2-3 items per month from brands like Five Four, Grand AC, and New Republic.
Unlike other personal styling services, Menlo charges a straight $60 per box and does not allow returns, except for size exchanges. Members will receive up to 25% off items in the Menlo House online store and free shipping on all orders.
- 2-3 items of apparel per month with no styling fee
- Much less expensive than other men’s stylist subscriptions
- Personalized apparel from well-known brands
- Limited selection of brands
17. Basic Man
The Best Essentials Subscription Box for Men
The name of this subscription says it all: Basic Man supplies you with the most basic–and vital–clothing essentials every month. You’ll receive comfortable, high-quality essentials made from excellent fabrics.
Each shipment contains 1 new T-shirt, a pair of socks, and a pair of underwear. All products are made from sustainable materials, and they’re shipped in biodegradable packaging. Basic Man even provides a “destroy by” date to help remember when it’s time to recycle the items they’ve sent you before they’re worn, torn, and raggedy.
- A regular supply of t-shirts, boxer briefs, and other essentials
- Products have a “destroy by" date to help you rotate out older pieces
- Options available for sizes XS - XXL
- You’ll need to look elsewhere to complete your look
18. Gentleman's Box
Best for Accessories
The Gentleman’s Box is a man's man box: it offers stylish accessories that are classy, functional, and perfect for upgrading your lifestyle. You’ll receive 4-6 must-have accessories for the modern man like chic ties or trend-conscious timepieces each month. This accessories subscription box lets you quickly update your wardrobe without the hassle of shopping around for in-style accessories.
- Upscale style and fashion essentials at a great price
- Boxes include the latest issue of The Gentleman’s Post
- Easy subscription management
- No real customization options
Best for High-End Accessories
SprezzaBox is the perfect monthly men’s style subscription box for discovering unique, fashionable goods for the modern man. Each month, subscribers receive 4-6 lifestyle, fashion, or grooming products valued at $100 or more. You aren’t stuck with just a single option — members get to choose from several available boxes, so you should find something to love in every shipment. SprezzaBox typically includes items like socks, pocket squares, ties, sunglasses, wallets, skincare, and grooming kits.
- Receive a regular supply of socks, pocket squares, and more
- Reasonably priced (and makes a great gift)
- Choose from several boxes
- Featured brands and item quality can vary
The Best Grooming and Self-Care Subscription Boxes for Men
Best Shave Club for Men
Harry's is all about providing men with simple, high-quality products that feel good to use and are fairly priced. Choose The Truman or The Winston razor: The Truman is slightly more affordable and comes in different colors, whereas The Winston comes with a luxurious razor handle. Either option has an ergonomic shape and a non-slip grip, and is made with German-engineered blade cartridges.
Harry's also offers an extensive range of self-care and hygiene products for men including shave gel, post-shave balm, lotion, face wash, and more. They even offer hair care products and deodorant too!
- 2 different razors to choose from
- Other grooming supplies as well
- Blades last a long time
- Not recommended for head or body shaving
Best Range of Grooming Products
Dollar Shave Club is the best shave club for all things grooming. You’ll find an incredible variety of grooming accessories with Dollar Shave Club, and the auto-ship options provide an easy way to maintain a stock of high-quality products. They also offer more than one cartridge style (subscribers can choose from four blades or six).
As the name implies, Dollar Shave Club is also affordable, and its 30-day money-back guarantee provides some peace of mind. Your first box includes trial-sized products for setting up the perfect routine. Dollar Shave Club's site allows users to easily adjust shipping frequency, and razor subscriptions can be canceled with a few quick clicks.
- Affordable high-quality razors with plenty of add-on options
- Choose 4 or 6 blades
- Your first box includes trial-size shave products
- Lacks other forms of customization
The Best Cologne Subscription Box for Men
Scentbird is a cologne and perfume subscription service for those who love to change up their scent. Each monthly subscription box contains one 8 mL vial of designer fragrance, meant to be sprayed from the atomizer case that's included in the first box. Choose your preferred scent or let Scentbird pick for you — each monthly shipment comes with a preview card for the following month’s featured aroma for your consideration.
- Try high-quality colognes without overspending
- Fragrances are matched to your preferences
- Atomizer case included in first box
- Only sample-sized vials
What Did You Think of These Subscription Boxes for Men?
That's it for our list of the best subscription boxes for men in 2023! Did you discover your new favorite box? Should we add other monthly subscription boxes to the list? Comment below with your thoughts and make sure to share your experiences too!
How to Get The Most Out of the Monthly Subscription Box You've Chosen
Once you’ve picked out the right monthly box for you, follow our steps to help make sure you make the most of your new subscription.
- Read the terms and conditions. We hate hidden charges and fees as much as the next guy — and we’ve tried to avoid any brands with hidden charges on our best-of lists. Still, you’ll want to read the terms and conditions (or at least scan them) to learn about each company’s return policies.
- If you can customize your order, go for it. Many subscription boxes for men can be personalized, and whether you’re buying for yourself or someone else, customizing your box can help you get the best possible value. If a subscription asks you to take a quiz to improve the quality of your curation, go ahead and take it.
- Take advantage of discounts. Most services have discounts for first-time buyers, and we’ve included coupon codes and promo links throughout this list. Make sure you’re not overpaying for your first box (and if your subscription doesn’t meet your expectations, don’t be afraid to cancel).
Factors We Considered When Reviewing These Subscription Boxes for Men
This list features our fellow subscription fanatics’ top choices, and we can confidently recommend the subscriptions above since we’ve researched and reviewed them all. Factors we considered when reviewing these subscriptions include:
- QUALITY – Our readers care about the quality of products — and so do we. We looked for men’s subscription boxes that listed detailed information about how they select their products. That’s especially important with clothing subscriptions, and we included a few in this list — buy any of those subscriptions, and you’ll get long-lasting threads.
- VALUE – Subscription boxes for men can be expensive, and that cost should be reflected in the items received. We found that these boxes offer great overall value when compared to retail prices. Our editors also considered shipping cost when establishing the value of each box; most of our entries offer free or low-cost shipping.
- PERKS – In some cases, discounts and other perks can add significantly to the overall value of a men’s subscription box. We gave extra points to services with active online communities, discount programs, and exclusive access opportunities.
Remember when shopping: Many of these mens' subscription boxes offer discounted rates to new subscribers, and coupon codes can cut your costs significantly. The coupons and promo links above should help you get the best possible deal.
If we’ve missed men’s subscription boxes that you’ve tried, let us know in the comments below. You can also visit the brand page for any of the boxes above (and hundreds of other boxes in dozens of categories) to leave a review.
Other Articles You May Like
If you enjoyed this article and are looking for the perfect gift, make sure to check out The 10 Best Subscription Boxes for Dads that Make Amazing Father’s Day Gifts.