Atlas Tea Club Review
Try tea from around the world with Atlas Tea Club.
Tea is a magical thing. It can soothe the soul, calm the nerves, and relax the body. For those who like to try new things, there are seemingly endless varieties to explore. Here at My Subscription Addiction, exploration is our middle name, so we're always on the hunt for subscriptions that introduce us to new things. We've long been fans of Atlas Coffee Club, so when we heard the same team was launching a tea of the month club, we couldn't wait to check it out.
Atlas Tea Club is a tea of the month club that helps subscribers taste their way through the world of tea, and subscriptions can be personalized for those who love Earl Grey, English breakfast, herbal tea, and more. But is this tea of the month club right for you?
In this Atlas Tea Club review, we'll use our years of tea tasting (and reviewing) experience to help you answer that very question. We'll take a look at the cost, subscription details, types of tea featured, and taste to help you figure out if this is the right tea subscription for you. We'll even look at the competition to see how Atlas Tea Club compares. Curious to know what teas other readers are loving? Don't miss our Readers' Choice Awards. Ready to dive into this Atlas Tea Club review? Let's do it!
ACTIVE DEAL: Take 50% off your first tea subscription!
This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out our review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
Atlas Tea Club Pros & Cons
Atlas Tea Club Pros
- Atlas Tea Club is a premium loose leaf tea subscription that specializes in single-origin teas.
- Teas are ethically sourced from small farms that use sustainable farming techniques.
- These are farm-to-table teas you won't find on the shelves of your local stores.
- Subscriptions are customizable. Only want caffeinated tea? Prefer herbal? No problem.
- Each shipment contains 40 grams of tea, which is about enough for 40 cups.
- Each shipment costs $14. Shipping is an additional $4.95.
- You can skip or change your delivery date as needed.
- It's easy to cancel your subscription online.
Atlas Tea Club Cons
- This is a loose leaf tea subscription. If you prefer bagged tea, another subscription might be a better fit.
- This subscription is probably best for open-minded tea drinkers who enjoy trying new things. Since Atlas Tea Club does not allow you to hand-select your teas, you should expect to receive a wide variety of flavors.
All About Atlas Tea Club
How does Atlas Tea Club work?
In this Atlas Tea Club review, we'll go over all the things you need to know about this tea delivery service, but in case you're new to tea of the month clubs, let's start with a quick overview of how Atlas Tea Club works. The first thing to know is that Atlas Tea Club is a recurring subscription. When you sign up, you're agreeing to receive tea shipments on an ongoing basis. You'll enter your credit card information when you join, and you'll continue to be charged until you decide to cancel. Here are the steps you can expect to follow when you sign up for Atlas:
- Fill out the questionnaire to personalize your subscription: When you sign up, you'll start by answering a few questions about your tea preferences. Do you like herbal tea? Prefer caffeinated?
- Sit back and enjoy your tea each month or skip: Every month, you'll receive a new shipment of loose leaf tea. Need to skip a month or take a break? No problem.
How much does Atlas Tea Club cost?
Atlas Tea Club subscriptions are flexible, and you'll indicate your tea preferences at signup. Regardless of what kinds of tea you prefer, each shipment contains 40 grams of tea for $14. Shipping is an additional $4.95.
ACTIVE DEAL: Take 50% off your first tea subscription!
Where and how does Atlas Tea Club ship?
Atlas Tea Club ships nationwide throughout the United States. International shipping is not yet offered. If you live outside the U.S. and would like to subscribe, keep an eye on the Atlas Tea Club website for shipping updates.
How is an Atlas Tea Club delivery packaged?
Atlas Tea Club shipments are securely packed in a brown cardboard box. Tea is packaged in sealed pouches that help preserve the freshness of the tea, and you'll find information about each shipment on cards included in your shipment.
What kinds of tea will I receive from Atlas Tea Club?
Atlas Tea Club markets its subscription as "a mini vacation" through tea. Each shipment spotlights tea from a different region of the world, so it's like exploring the world one sip of tea at a time. You'll learn about different types of tea, the farms where they're grown, and the people who make them.
This subscription features only premium loose leaf teas, and Atlas Tea Club sources teas responsibly from small farms around the world. The company goes above Fair Trade standards to ensure that farmers are paid a living wage that allows them to support themselves and their families.
The teas selected by Atlas Tea Club never contain artificial flavoring. (The only thing you'll find in the tea is tea.) When you sign up for a subscription, you'll be able to indicate a preference for herbal teas, caffeinated teas, green teas, or black teas, and then you can just sit back and wait for Atlas Tea Club to work its magic.
Want to know more about the types of tea you can expect to receive is this subscription? Here are some teas featured in past shipments:
- Banton Green Tea from Indonesia
- Shizouka Sencha from Japan
- Jeju Island Green Tea from South Korea
- Nilgiri Black Tea from India
- Ranitar White Tea from Nepal
Are Atlas Tea Club Teas tasty?
Atlas Tea Club's loose leaf tea is top-notch. The tea is premium quality, and it shows. Teas are fresh, vibrant, and flavorful. Whether you're opting for all herbals, green teas, black, or a mix, you should be pleased with the freshness and taste of the teas Atlas Tea Club Provides.
How do I brew the teas in my Atlas Tea Club shipment?
If you're new to the world of loose leaf tea, it's easy to get started with Atlas Tea Club. There are brewing guides available on the Atlas Tea Club website, and you'll receive steeping bags with your first shipment to help get you started. If you'd like to start drinking loose leaf tea on a regular basis, we recommend picking up a reusable tea infuser or strainer to cut down on waste and make your brewing experience just a little bit more special.
Is Atlas Tea Club convenient?
Do you drink tea regularly? Enjoy high quality loose leaf teas? Want to try tea from around the world? Atlas Tea Club's subscription was practically designed with you in mind. It can be difficult to find a wide variety of high-quality loose leaf teas at the grocery store, and Atlas Tea Club makes it easy to keep your tea caddy stocked full of fresh and tasty teas. It doesn't get much more convenient than that!
My Atlas Tea Club Shipment
In preparation for this Atlas Tea Club review, I was sent two different shipments of tea to sample, one with herbal teas and one with caffeinated varieties. Read on for a little bit about my review background, my tea drinking profile, and my opinion of Atlas Tea Club's teas.
My Atlas Tea Club Review
- Review expertise: I've been writing food and wine reviews for My Subscription Addiction since 2014, and I've reviewed quite a few different tea subscriptions in my day. I'm a big fan of loose leaf tea, and I used to own my own coffee shop and bakery. Even though we specialized in coffee, we took tea very seriously, and I was proud to stock a wide selection of premium loose leaf teas from around the world.
- Drinking profile: I take an open-minded approach to tea, and I love to mix things up. Herbal, green, black, white... I love it all. My current favorite teas are crème de la Earl Grey and Moroccan mint over ice.
- Thoughts on Atlas Tea Club teas: As soon as I opened up the shipments from Atlas Tea Club, I knew I was in for a treat. The teas are super fresh, and they look and smell incredible. Each shipment I was sent contained two samples of tea (I essentially got to try two different monthly shipments at once), and each of the teas was new to me. Here a list of the teas I received:
- Rosy Hibiscus
- White Prakash
- Kumari Gold
- I drink all kinds of tea, but I've been on an herbal tea kick lately, and both the Razzlemint and Rosy Hibiscus ended up being my favorites of the bunch. (The White Prakash and Kumari Gold were both great, too, and my husband was happy to hoard them into a private cabinet corner to keep for himself.) The Razzlemint is described as "a rosy mint tea" with tasting notes of spearmint, lemongrass, and rosehips. For me, this tea has a tangy mint flavor with a fruity roundness. The flavor is balanced, and it's just utterly refreshing. I've taken to drinking this tea right before bedtime, and I'm going to miss it when its all gone. My other favorite, the Rosy Hibiscus, is a "tropical mix of hibiscus and rose hips" that has tasting notes of hibiscus, rose hips, and orange peel. I first tried this tea hot, but I followed up with a glass over ice, and I dare say this tea was MADE for drinking cold. The floral, fruity flavor has a bitterness that I just can't get enough of. It's refreshing, bold, and interesting-- a little bit like fruit juice without the sweetness. I've been drinking iced Rosy Hibiscus nearly non-stop, and I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed.
- Verdict: I love loose leaf tea, and I'm something of a snob about it. Atlas Tea Club delighted my senses and introduced me to some new teas that I'll seek out again. The freshness was incredible, the taste was exceptional, and the aroma divine. I would happily pay out of pocket for an ongoing subscription, and I know at least two family members who will be getting a gift subscription for Christmas this year.
Are there alternatives to Atlas Tea Club?
If you like the idea of a tea of the month club, but you're not sure Atlas Tea Club is the right subscription for you, there are a few competitors that might be a better fit.
Atlas Tea Club vs. Sips by
Sips by's tea discovery box is a personalized tea subscription that allows you to sample teas from a variety of different brands. Teas are personalized to suit your drinking preferences, and boxes will also contain brewing guides, tea filters, and offers from brands that will help you save should you wish to stock up on even more tea. Here are some of the key differences between these two subscriptions:
- Tea style: Atlas Tea Club specializes in premium loose leaf tea. With Sips by, depending on your preferences you might receive loose leaf tea or bagged.
- Number of samples: With Sips by, boxes contain four different kinds of tea. Atlas Tea Club shipments contain two kinds of tea.
- Price: Atlas Tea Club costs $14 per shipment plus $4.95 shipping. Sips by costs $16 per month with free shipping.
Atlas Tea Club vs. Simple Loose Leaf
Like Atlas Tea Club, Simple Loose Leaf is a tea subscription that specializes in loose leaf tea. Let's take a look at the differences between these two subscriptions:
- Number of teas: Each shipment from Simple Loose Leaf contains 4 different kinds of tea. Atlas sends two.
- Quantity: Both subscriptions send 40 grams of tea per shipment.
- Price: At $9 per shipment, Simple Loose Leaf costs a bit less than Atlas Tea Club.
Atlas Tea Club vs. Tea Box Express
Tea Box Express is another subscription that specializes in loose leaf tea. Each month showcases products from a new tea brand, and subscribers will also receive tea-related products to enjoy in each shipment. Here are some of the key differences between these two subscriptions:
- Products: If you want to receive more than just tea, Tea Box Express also sends items like baked goods, infusers, and honey.
- Price: Tea Box Express costs $25.50 per month, making it about twice the price of Atlas Tea Club.
Is Atlas Tea Club worth it?
We've covered a lot of info in this Atlas Tea Club review, but one big question remains: is Atlas Tea Club worth it?
If you're looking for a tea of the month club that specializes in premium loose leaf tea, Atlas Tea Club is a great option. When you sign up, you'll be able to customize your subscription to feature the kinds of tea you enjoy most. Want all herbal teas? Or prefer a little bit of caffeine in your cup? No problem. The freshness and taste are exceptional, and you can also feel great about where the tea comes from. Atlas Tea Club ethically sources their teas from small family farms, and they go above Fair Trade standards to ensure farmers are paid a living wage.
Different teas are featured every month, and you can expect to receive a variety of different types of tea from locations all over the world. The price is affordable, and each shipment makes around 40 cups of tea, so the value is certainly there. If you're ready to sign up, just make sure you understand that you're signing up for a subscription; you'll be charged every month (unless you skip) until you decide to cancel.
Ready to subscribe? Make sure to sign up using our coupon below to ensure you get the best deal.
You can try Atlas Tea Club for yourself here:
ACTIVE DEAL: Take 50% off your first tea subscription!
Have you tried Atlas Tea Club? Head to the comments section and let us know!
Please do not enter your email address in the Name field or in the comment content. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Remember to post with kindness and respect. Comments with offensive language, cruelness to others, etc will not be approved. See our full comment policy here.