Voted by our readers as one of the best boxes in: The Best Subscription Boxes of 2019, The Best Subscription Boxes for Women – 2019 Readers’ Choice, and The 14 Best Makeup Subscription Boxes – 2019 Reader’s Choice.
Boxycharm ($21/month) is one of the most popular beauty subscription boxes that we review, with lots of loyal customers. They promise 4-5 full-size beauty products each month from a variety of both indie and established brands, with a total retail value of over $100 in every box.
The products featured vary from month to month, and will include beauty tools as well as skincare and haircare items– but Boxycharm definitely leans more makeup-heavy than other popular beauty boxes.
We've unboxed over 75 individual boxes from BOXYCHARM since 2013. Here's our take on why this box is super popular with makeup addicts:
What We Love
Over $100 value in every $21 box
4-5 full sized items every month
Easily manage your account and cancel online
Earn points each month and redeem in the Charm Shop for even more products
You Should Know
There are some items each month that all subscribers receive, but other items are variants
No customization or personalization
Mix of indie and established brands
I'd Recommend BOXYCHARM If
You like to experiment with bold and playful looks
You're looking to build your makeup collection
What I Received in 6 Months of Boxycharm
BOXYCHARM Past Boxes: Each Monthly Review, At A Glance
Our staff of reviewers unbox and review every product in every box, so you can see exactly what to expect when you sign up.
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - April 2019by Megan Kirkland, April 8, 2019Featured Brands:
Artist Couture, Butter London, Luxie, PUR Cosmetics, and Starlooks.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $130.00
BoxyLuxe Subscription Box Review - March 2019by Megan Kirkland, March 21, 2019Featured Brands:
Becca, Cover FX, Deborah Lippmann, IT Cosmetics, Iconic, Lilly Lashes, MODA Brushes, Morphe, and Wander Beauty.Price: $49.99Retail Value: $301.98
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - March 2019by Megan Kirkland, March 10, 2019Featured Brands:
Appeal Cosmetics, Cover FX, MODA Brushes, OFRA, and Wander Beauty.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $149.99
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - February 2019by Liz Cadman, February 15, 2019Featured Brands:
Farmacy, Pretty Vulgar, Testique, Too Faced, and Touch In Sol.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $211.00
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - January 2019by Liz Cadman, January 14, 2019Featured Brands:
BRIOGEO, OFRA, Starlooks, Tarte, and Tatcha.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $111.00
BoxyLuxe Subscription Box Review - December 2018by Liz Cadman, January 10, 2019Featured Brands:
Crimes of Beauty, Elemis, Grande Cosmetics, Luxie, PYT, Spongelle, Tarte, Violet Voss, and Wander Beauty.Price: $49.99Retail Value: $386.90
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - December 2018by Liz Cadman, December 20, 2018Featured Brands:
Bodyography, Cosmedix, Pretty Vulgar, Suva Beauty, and Tarte.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $128.00
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - November 2018by Liz Cadman, November 7, 2018Featured Brands:
Ace Beauty, Bodyography, Cover FX, Jonteblu, and Luxie.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $106.99
BoxyCharm Subscription Box Review - October 2018by Liz Cadman, October 5, 2018Featured Brands:
Ahava, BRIOGEO, IT Cosmetics, Kat Von D, and PUR Cosmetics.Price: $21.00Retail Value: $106.00
BoxyLuxe Subscription Box Review - September 2018by Liz Cadman, October 4, 2018Featured Brands:
Alamar Cosmetics, Girlactik, Juice Beauty, Lorac, Luxie, Pretty Vulgar, R+Co, Smashbox, Sol de Janeiro, Tarte, and Vintage Cosmetics.Price: $49.99Retail Value: $352.85
What Our Readers Are Saying
Do you subscribe to BOXYCHARM? Add your rating now!
''I'm a makeup junkie and every time someone asks me about a good deal to get beauty products, I'm always referring them to BOXYCHARM... It's a great and affordable way to build up a makeup collection since they send full size products.'' – Dida, 2019 Readers' Choice Awards
- BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription service that sends 4-5 full-size beauty products to your door for $21 a month. BoxyCharm boxes are valued at over $100 per box and include free shipping for U.S. subscribers. Unlike other subscription services that offer mini or deluxe samples, BoxyCharm offers 4-5 full-size products every month from a variety of established and indie makeup brands.
What is Boxycharm and how does it work?
- With a promised retail value of $100 plus per $21 monthly box, you'll typically get a great value from this subscription, even if you don't love every single item in your box. We've unboxed and reviewed over 80 individual monthly boxes from Boxycharm since 2013– read our detailed reviews above to see what's inside past boxes, and read comments from other subscribers. You can also read our overview of what we received in 6 months of Boxycharm to see exactly how many eyeshadow palettes and makeup tools we received over half a year! (We found the average retail value was $135/month over the 6 months we analyzed.)
Is Boxycharm worth it?
- Boxycharm includes 4-5 full size beauty products including makeup, skincare, beauty tools, and color cosmetics. Each box is valued at over $100 and cost $21 a month. Each monthly Boxycharm box is hand selected by Boxycharm's team of beauty experts. Learn more about what's in an Boxycharm box here or in the reviews above.
What's in a Boxycharm box?
- A month-to-month subscription costs $21 a month. You can get a discount if you pay in advance: get Boxycharm for as low as $19.25 per month by prepaying $231 for an annual subscription. Learn more about BoxyCharm billing here.
How much does Boxycharm cost?
- According to their FAQ, for new subscribers, BoxyCharm boxes within the US typically ship 5-10 business days from successful billing. For existing subscribers, each monthly box is shipped within 5-10 days of the first of the month. (Canadian customers and non-continental US residents may experience longer shipping times.)
When does Boxycharm ship?
- You can easily cancel your subscription online at any time in your Boxycharm account– no chatting or calling customer service required. (Keep in mind that if you cancel and want to sign up again in the future, you may end up on the waistlist before your subscription is active again.)
How do I cancel my Boxycharm subscription?
- Boxycharm ($21/month) is more expensive than its most popular competitor, Ipsy ($10/month)– but for twice the price, Boxycharm gives you more full-sized products and beauty tools, so you do truly get more value for your money. Get the full breakdown on how Boxycharm compares to Ipsy (including how both of their loyalty programs work).
How does Boxycharm compare to other beauty subscription boxes?
- BoxyLuxe is a quarterly $28.99 upgrade option for existing BoxyCharm subscribers; you must have a regular BoxyCharm subscription to receive it! It ships four times a year: in March, June, September, and December. That means that in each of those four months, you're charged a total of $49.99 ($28.99 for BoxyLuxe and $21 for BoxyCharm) to receive the upgraded experience. Each BoxyLuxe box includes 9-10 full sized beauty products worth over $250.
What is BoxyLuxe?
- Read our list of the Best Monthly Makeup + Beauty Monthly Subscription Boxes for more ideas.