FabFitFun Review + Coupon – Beachy Fun for Summer 2021
FabFitFun is a quarterly subscription box from FabFitFun.com. Each season they send you a box of items in categories like beauty, fashion, and fitness. It’s our readers’ top pick for the Best Fitness Subscription Boxes of 2021!
Each season, FabFitFun features a different design for its box. Starting with the Fall 2020 delivery, you may have noticed some changes—that’s because FabFitFun switched over to 100% recycled kraft boxes and is working with artists to feature designs with less ink in their commitment to sustainability.
This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
The Subscription Box: FabFitFun
COUPON: Use code MSA to $10 off your first box.
The Products: The hottest seasonal items selected by the FabFitFun team.
Ships to: The U.S. and Canada
FabFitFun Summer 2021 Review – Beachy Fun
This season we decided to mix it up! Along with my personal box selection review, we also decided to customize a few more based on the fun themes that were in this box, like a beachy curation, a beauty-focused assortment, and a lifestyle box. We wanted to give a broader view of the items you could select from, so be sure to check back for different reviews of different box curations in the next few days!
FFF recently changed the selection process which allows for more options for all subscribers. I have noted more info on this in each following section to keep you in the loop.
There are still differences in terms of dates for customizations for Annual and Seasonal subscribers:
Ready to dive in? Let’s go!
First choice item:
Choice 1 – All subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box:
- Summer Fridays CC Me Serum
- PMD Beauty Clean (Teal)
- Neoprene Beach Tote (Pink/red) or (Blue/green)
- Virginia Wolf Multi Wear Wrap
- Society6 Outdoor Blanket
- Society6 Wine Chiller
- L*Space Tie Dye Towel
L*Space Tie Dye Towel – Retail Value $58.00
This towel was a must-have for this beach-themed box! It is a generous size and perfect for lounging on at the beach (or pretending you are on the beach while actually in your backyard). It isn’t super heavy in terms of weight, but it is absorbent and quite cuddly. The edges are trimmed with a cream tassel and I think the blues and purples of the design are very pretty!
Second choice item:
Choice 2 – All subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box:
- Draper Games Ruffle Nightie
- OUAI Detox Shampoo + Scalp Massager
- Milly Jewelry Case
- obé 2 Hip Bands + 2 Month obé Membership
- Rae Dunn Guac Salsa Bowls with 2 spoons
- Sonix Bluetooth Speaker
- Tarte Drink of H20 Moisturizer
- Business & Pleasure Soft Cooler
Business & Pleasure Co. Cooler Bag – Listed Value $59.00
(Dimensions: 12.5” Lx 8.5” W x 8” H)
This item was also featured in the Summer 2020 box!
I already have one of these from my Summer 2020 box, but my mom loved it so I gave it to her. I can’t tell her no! She is just too wonderful. So I was pretty happy when I got a chance to pick another. This is the perfect size for a road trip (we are down in Tennessee right now and we brought it in the car!) but also a good size for a big lunch if you like to freeze a few water bottles and stash them inside for later. The nautical yellow stripe is eye-catching but not so loud that Will can’t take it to work if he wants. Because it is soft, you can easily fold it and store it in a drawer if you need to which saves a lot more space than our hard plastic cooler.
Third choice item:
Choice 3 – All subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box:
- Corkcicle 12oz Wine Tumbler with Silicone Straw
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
- AG Hair ReL Coil Curl Activator
- Poolside Water Resistant Pouch
- BaubleBar Build Your Own Bracelet Kit
- MALIN+GOETZ Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
- Nectar Blue Light Blocking Glasses – Brown Tortoise Round Eye
Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40, 1.7 oz – Retail Value $34.00
I actually just bought a tube of Supergoop’s Glow Screen a week or so ago and I am in love. SPF is the #1 anti-aging cream on the market (seriously!) but so many of my clients hate it because it either feels dreadful on their face, breaks them out, has a chalky cast, or smells bad. Both this totally invisible formula and their radiant Glow Screen cream suffer from none of these issues. This formula has a slightly powdery-feeling finish (it kind of reminds me of Smashbox’s Photo Finish Primer) and is completely undetectable on the face. It is lightweight and absorbs with ease and would honestly make a great choice for anyone, but especially someone sunscreen averse. While the Glow Screen beats this one for me, I am going to happily make my way through this tube on days where I don’t need the added radiance.
Fourth choice item:
- Scentuals Vitamin C Serum
- Ciaté London Watermelon Dewy Setting Spray
- African Botanics Gold Shimmer Oil
- TF Publishing Co. Brain Teasers + Activity Book Bundle
African Botanics Gold Shimmer Oil, 60 mL – Estimated Value $66.00 (buy 100 mL in a pretty gold bottle for $110.00)
African Botanics is a really nice and super $$$ brand that I was, honestly, really surprised to see as a FFF choice. Sure, this is smaller than the bottle shown on the brand’s site and the bottle is less fancy (but still adorable) but I was still so excited to pick it! This golden oil has a warm sexy floral scent that leans tropical without feeling cheap or boozy. The main body of the formula is coconut oil which I love on my arms and legs in the summer. Add in oils from Kalahari Melon, Baobab, and Marula, and ethically sourced golden mica and you have a combination that is going to quickly become a summer favorite for hydrating and adding shine to your arms, legs, and collarbones.
Fifth choice item:
Choice 5 – Annual subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box.
- Mented Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick (Peachy Keen, Blood Orange, or Blacker the Berry)
- Mine Tan Body Skin Moisturizing Recovery After Sun Gel
- SOAR Selfie Light Ring
- dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Purifying Cleanser
- Flight Mode High Altitude Hydration Mask
- To The Market Melamine Printed Tray
- eparé Cutting Board Set of 4
(Annual subscribers get to pick their item. Seasonal subscribers will be surprised.)
Mine Tan Body Skin Moisturizing Recovery After Sun Gel, 6 fl oz – Retail Value $32.95
Aloe and summer go together just like my skin and sunburn! I use a ton of aloe! While I really wish this one didn’t have alcohol denat, it at least didn’t have any alcohol scent and there was no sting like some other more alcohol-heavy aloe gels of summer’s past. I personally find this ingredient pretty drying, but I didn’t hate this formula, especially on my shoulders and other areas like my legs which generally aren’t as dry as my face anyways. It also has algin inside which is used to control texture, and because this ingredient can be comedogenic, this will be more of a body treat than a face treat for sure. I loved that this tube also had brightening niacinamide and soothing panthenol inside, both of which are also moisturizing. The scent was really light and fresh.
Sixth Choice Item(s):
Customization Choice 6 – Annual subscribers will be able to pick from 1, 2, or 3-item bundles:
- Bundle 1: Eyeko Double Act Shadow Stick in Cookies & Cream and Art & Cook Citrus Squeezer and Aria Beauty Makeup Swabs
- Bundle 2: Seraphine Botanicals Fruit Butter Lip Mask and Art & Cook Citrus Squeezer and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray
- Bundle 3: Eyeko Double Act Shadow Stick in Cookies & Cream and Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File and Aria Beauty Makeup Swabs
- Bundle 4: Spongellé Body Wash Infused Buffer (Tea Blossom) and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray and Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File
- Bundle 5: Seraphine Botanicals Fruit Butter Lip Mask and Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray
- Bundle 6: kate spade new york Workout Socks and Beautaniq Beauty Eye Gels
- Bundle 7: SKIN&CO Roma Truffle Therapy Whipped Cleansing Cream and Erno Laszlo Pore Cleansing Clay Mask
- LashesMD Eyelash Conditioner
- Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion
- Ole Henriksen PHAT Glow Facial Mask
- Verso Botanicals Super Eye Serum
Bundle 2: Seraphine Botanicals Fruit Butter Lip Mask (Retail Value $25.00) and Art & Cook Citrus Squeezer and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray
This little bundle made me think of cocktails at first with the little icecube tray and the juicer! I can see myself using both to create some spiked lemonade with frozen lemon juice cubes and a little vodka this summer. And since the sun is always hard on lips, this thick and fruity lip mask is the perfect after-sun pampering.
Verdict: The options this season from FabFitFun make it easier than ever to totally build a box around a fun summery theme. Everything in this curation makes me feel like I need to find a beach ASAP but since that likely won’t happen this year, I can make my own faux-tropical paradise in my backyard with a kiddie pool to dip in. I have everything I need to layout: an oversized towel, SPF, a cooler for my frozen lemon ice cubes, and even some soothing sun-aftercare! Again, I think the FFF team really did a great job with options this season and some of the choices were hard to make!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? Yes! (You’ll be able to make your product selections after you sign up.)
COUPON: Use code MSA to $10 off your first box.
What do you think of the FabFitFun box for Summer 2021? Which items did you pick?