FabFitFun is a quarterly subscription box from FabFitFun.com. Each season they send you a box of items in categories like beauty, fashion, and fitness. It's our readers' top pick for the Best Fitness Subscription Boxes of 2021!
Each season, FabFitFun features a different design for its box. Starting with the Fall 2020 delivery, you may have noticed some changes—that's because FabFitFun switched over to 100% recycled kraft boxes and is working with artists to feature designs with less ink in their commitment to sustainability.
This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
The Subscription Box: FabFitFun
ACTIVE DEAL: Limited Time Only! Get 25% off your first FabFitFun box
The Products: The hottest seasonal items selected by the FabFitFun team.
Ships to: The U.S. and Canada
FabFitFun Summer 2021 Review
First things first: FFF has changed up the selection process which allows for more options for all subscribers. I have noted more info on this in each following section to keep you in the loop.
There are still differences in terms of dates for customizations for Annual and Seasonal subscribers:
The following items are from a box I picked the items I wanted most from the options to form my ideal box. We will also be reviewing a beach-themed curation, a beauty item-focused box, and a fun lifestyle assortment in different reviews coming up so be sure to check back for different reviews of different box curations in the next few days.
Ready to dive in? Let's go!
First choice item:
Choice 1 – All subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box:
- Summer Fridays CC Me Serum
- PMD Beauty Clean (Teal)
- Neoprene Beach Tote (Pink/red) or (Blue/green)
- Virginia Wolf Multi Wear Wrap
- Society6 Outdoor Blanket
- Society6 Wine Chiller
- L*Space Tie Dye Towel
Society6 Outdoor Blanket
I absolutely LOVE a good picnic blanket! When you have multiple dogs, they come in handy for even more situations and I usually always have one draped over my back seat so they don't slide around on the leather when we are on those fun back roads. There was something so delightfully mod and retro about this orange and pink print. It really feels like summer! This blanket is also a great size too.
Second choice item:
Choice 2 – All subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box:
- Draper Games Ruffle Nightie
- OUAI Detox Shampoo + Scalp Massager
- Milly Jewelry Case
- obé 2 Hip Bands + 2 Month obé Membership
- Rae Dunn Guac Salsa Bowls with 2 spoons
- Sonix Bluetooth Speaker
- Tarte Drink of H20 Moisturizer
- Business & Pleasure Soft Cooler
This was an easy choice! I am OUAI crazy over anything from OUAI and I jumped at the chance to try their detox shampoo. It came bundled with a fun scalp scrubber with flexible silicone nubs that give the perfect massage with or without shampoo. This is the sort of shampoo I would probably use once a week as it really does strip out anything leftover in your hair. While my roots get oily, my hair is pretty dry, so I used this on my roots only and in combination with the massager. My hair felt SO clean and the volume factor was through the roof. If you are someone like me who uses a ton of dry shampoo (or really, any hair products) this is a great once-a-week treat to reset your tresses and cleanse your scalp. It also left my hair smelling like OUAI's Melrose scent, one of my faves and also one I already own as a perfume.
Third choice item:
Choice 3 – All subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box:
- Corkcicle 12oz Wine Tumbler with Silicone Straw
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
- AG Hair ReL Coil Curl Activator
- Poolside Water Resistant Pouch
- BaubleBar Build Your Own Bracelet Kit
- MALIN+GOETZ Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
- Nectar Blue Light Blocking Glasses - Brown Tortoise Round Eye
BaubleBar Build Your Own Bracelet Kit
I literally just bought myself a tube of Supergoop, otherwise, this would have been a harder choice. I also already picked it in our upcoming beach-themed FFF review! There is something so fun and nostalgic about making your own elastic bracelets with fun, colorful beads. I do think I would have been more impressed with this kit if the beads had been glass or a mix of glass and plastic, rather than just plastic. Still, this is a really fun and creative option for a summer box and something you don't often see in subscription boxes. The whole kit makes it fun and easy to swap friendship bracelets all over again with your bestie. Since my mom is my bestie (and I am writing this review from her sunny porch in Tennessee!) this might be something we dive into this weekend for fun.
Fourth choice item:
- Scentuals Vitamin C Serum
- Ciaté London Watermelon Dewy Setting Spray
- African Botanics Gold Shimmer Oil
- TF Publishing Co. Brain Teasers + Activity Book Bundle
African Botanics Gold Shimmer Oil, 60 mL - Estimated Value $66.00 (buy 100 mL in a pretty gold bottle for $110.00)
African Botanics is a really nice and super $$$ brand that I was, honestly, really surprised to see as a FFF choice. Sure, this is smaller than the bottle shown on the brand's site and the bottle is less fancy (but still adorable) but I was still so excited to pick it! This golden oil has a warm sexy floral scent that leans tropical without feeling cheap or boozy. The main body of the formula is coconut oil which I love on my arms and legs in the summer. Add in oils from Kalahari Melon, Baobab, and Marula, and ethically sourced golden mica and you have a combination that is going to quickly become a summer favorite for hydrating and adding shine to your arms, legs, and collarbones.
Fifth choice item:
Choice 5 – Annual subscribers will be able to pick one of the following for their Summer Box.
- Mented Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick (Peachy Keen, Blood Orange, or Blacker the Berry)
- Mine Tan Body Skin Moisturizing Recovery After Sun Gel
- SOAR Selfie Light Ring
- dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Purifying Cleanser
- Flight Mode High Altitude Hydration Mask
- To The Market Melamine Printed Tray
- eparé Cutting Board Set of 4
(Annual subscribers get to pick their item. Seasonal subscribers will be surprised.)
To The Market Melamine Printed Tray
Is there anything more summery than a cute lemon print? Lemons remind me of my mom and just make me smile. This tray is a great size for serving your favorite tarts or even using on your vanity under your favorite creams and perfumes.
Sixth Choice Item(s):
Customization Choice 6 – Annual subscribers will be able to pick from 1, 2, or 3-item bundles:
- Bundle 1: Eyeko Double Act Shadow Stick in Cookies & Cream and Art & Cook Citrus Squeezer and Aria Beauty Makeup Swabs
- Bundle 2: Seraphine Botanicals Fruit Butter Lip Mask and Art & Cook Citrus Squeezer and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray
- Bundle 3: Eyeko Double Act Shadow Stick in Cookies & Cream and Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File and Aria Beauty Makeup Swabs
- Bundle 4: Spongellé Body Wash Infused Buffer (Tea Blossom) and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray and Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File
- Bundle 5: Seraphine Botanicals Fruit Butter Lip Mask and Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File and Blush Pineapple Ice Tray
- Bundle 6: kate spade new york Workout Socks and Beautaniq Beauty Eye Gels
- Bundle 7: SKIN&CO Roma Truffle Therapy Whipped Cleansing Cream and Erno Laszlo Pore Cleansing Clay Mask
- LashesMD Eyelash Conditioner
- Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion
- Ole Henriksen PHAT Glow Facial Mask
- Verso Botanicals Super Eye Serum
I had tried the Eyeko pencil before and loved it, so I was happy to choose this bundle which included another pair of colors. These glide on super smooth and blend out beautifully. I also recently broke my citrus squeezer (literally, how?!) so a replacement was great! This one is made of plastic but still feels very durable. Lastly, I wanted to try out the makeup swabs to see how they might replace my normal q-tips. While I did not find these effective for cleaning out ears (and I shouldn't be using q-tips for that anyways) I did love how these silicone tipped swabs smudged eyeshadow and liner to soft perfection.
Top: Cream, Bottom: Cookies
Verdict: This was a great FabFitFun box. I was really impressed with some of the bigger names inside (OUAI, Supergoop, African Botanics, Summer Fridays, and more) that are already some of my favorites. It made some of the choices a little hard!! The options really felt summery and the bright colors and patterns were cheery and playful. I think many subscribers are going to be pretty delighted with the options this month and the overall value this box delivers, regardless of your choices. I also think it is a really nice change to allow subscribers more choice over what they receive inside too. Since this is a box that truly allows you to customize it into really any sort of theme you want, the more choice options, the better!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? Yes! (You'll be able to make your product selections after you sign up.)
ACTIVE DEAL: Limited Time Only! Get 25% off your first FabFitFun box
What do you think of the FabFitFun box for Summer 2021? Which items did you pick?