Watch Gang Black Subscription Box Review – April 2018
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September’s review of the Original option that’s $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
April 2018 Watch Gang Black Review
There are multiple options for each tier and what you get is a mystery each month. This month, I received a sportier watch from BOLDR Supply Co.
It now comes with a nice little information card for your tier. You can even check out the possible watches from the card!
BOLDR Supply Co. Explorer II GMT – Value $230+
This month’s watch is a little bit of a change-up in style from previous watches – which I like, I like to have options!
Mine has this matte black stainless steel case that I absolutely love! These watches come with Swiss Ronda GMT Quartz movement, as well. It’s a sporty design – but I’m loving the chunky font and design elements. It’s just something a little different this month.
It even has a little bit of art on the back housing and is water resistant up to 50 meters.
Personally, I’m loving the canvas straps with leather backing. It’s a great look against the black housing while still being really comfortable.
Like all of their watches, you’ll get everything you’d expect from a new watch – and that includes instructions and a warranty card.
Verdict: I liked receiving something a little different this month – and my collection keeps growing! This feels like a nice, every day, watch too – and it’s comfortable enough to actually wear everyday!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No – they’re shipping out May boxes at the moment – but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you’ll get the same watch as I do.
From their FAQ:
If you signup between the 1st and the 10th, you will receive that month’s watch and your membership will renew on the 30th. If you signup after the 10th, you will receive the following month’s watch. Our cut-off time for our monthly shipment is 4 PM PST on the 10th of each month. Your renewal will begin the following month on the 30th.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?