Thrive Market Review – Why I’ve Been a Member of This Healthy Grocery Delivery Service for Over 3 Years
Thrive Market Review
Everything You Need to Know About This Organic and Natural Grocery Delivery Service
When it comes to food, I’m a big fan of organic and all-natural options. I’ve never met a natural foods store or co-op I didn’t love and immediately need to visit – the smell of the bulk foods section of a good organic market remains one of my favorites. What I’m not such a fan of? The price tags. While I love supporting my local health food store when I can, I’m also on a pretty tight budget; it’s just not feasible for me to do all my shopping at an organic market, and I try to avoid the local “big box” organic grocery store. One might be lead to assume I’m out of luck with all those parameters – not so! This is where Thrive Market comes in.
Here at My Subscription Addiction, we’re no strangers to subscription food delivery – and subscription groceries! We’re fans of meal kits, beer of the month clubs, and wine subscriptions. We also love a great deal, so I had a feeling y’all would want to learn about Thrive Market, which delivers all-natural food and healthy products right to your door at wholesale prices. They’re also super sustainable, carbon-neutral, and they give back to the community. All that to say, Thrive Market is pretty great… which is why I’ve been a member for over three years! Thrive Market “believes in a better market”. What does “a better market” mean, exactly? Well, let’s hear it straight from Thrive Market themselves:
A better market offers food as it should be: made of real ingredients, safe for the environment, fairly priced, created for your needs, and delicious. The same standards should apply to the products we put on our bodies and in our homes: nontoxic, eco-friendly, affordable, and effective. And a better market is better for everyone—not just those who can afford it. That’s why every paid membership to Thrive Market is matched with a free one for someone in need.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? It totally is! But is Thrive Market right for you and your family’s needs? Let’s take a look! In this review, we’ll consider the product selection, cost, and value, and we’ll take a look at other retailer’s prices to see how Thrive Market compares. Ready to see how this grocery delivery service measures up? Let’s dive into this Thrive Market review!
Julie paid for this box because she was already a member. (Check out our review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
Thrive Market Pros & Cons
Thrive Market Pros
- Thrive Market offers organic, non-GMO, and natural groceries at wholesale prices.
- You’ll find tried and true name brands and get even more savings off goods from Thrive Market’s own in-house brand.
- Members can choose between a yearly membership, which costs $59.95 annually, or can choose to pay monthly, which costs $9.99 per month.
- When you purchase a membership to Thrive Market, a membership is gifted to a student, teacher, active member of the military, veteran, first responder, or low-income family in need through Thrive Gives, their 1 for 1 matching program.
- Members also have the option to gift some of their savings at checkout, which goes directly to Thrive Gives members’ shopping carts, disaster relief efforts, and the nonprofit organizations Thrive Market partners with that align to their mission.
- Thrive Market offers a large selection of products, including wine, meat and seafood, bath and body care, snacks, sweets, baking goods, pantry staples, and more. Members can shop by different values and diets, like vegan, keto, paleo, and vegetarian, low-FODMAP, organic, and more.
- Shipments are customizable – set up auto-ship, OR shop only when you need to – or do both!
- It’s easy to skip auto-shipments and cancel online anytime.
- Auto-shipments will save you an extra 5-10% off most items!
Thrive Market Cons
- Thrive Market does not offer produce at this time (I have my fingers crossed this will change!).
- Since the selection changes regularly, you might not always find the same items available.
- Thrive Market’s wine selection is subject to local restrictions and therefore may not deliver to all states.
All About Thrive Market
How does Thrive Market work?
In this Thrive Market review, we’ll go over all the things you need to know about this organic and natural grocery delivery service, but let’s first go over the basics. When you sign up for a membership to Thrive Market, you’ll get instant access to their vast selection of organic and natural foods, snacks, body care items, household essentials, and more. You can set up auto-ship at any time, or simply shop when you need to. A yearly membership to Thrive Market is $59.95 – this is the most cost-effective option. However, members can also opt for a monthly subscription, which will run you $9.99 per month. There’s no minimum to spend – simply shop when you need to. Shipping is free on orders over $49 though.
When you sign up, Thrive Market will automatically gift a membership to someone through their Thrive Gives program – these 1-for-1 memberships go to families in need, veterans, first responders, teachers, students, and other deserving people. On top of that, members also have the option to gift a portion of their savings at checkout, which is given directly to a Thrive Gives member.
Why sign up for a Thrive Market membership?
If you’re looking for a great deal on organic groceries, natural foods, healthy pet food, non-toxic beauty… the list goes on… Thrive Market is it. Not only does this natural food delivery service offer a huge array of options – over 6,000 organic, non-GMO, sustainable products – they have great prices, too, usually you can find items marked down 25-50% off retail with some convenience items offered at full-price. Thrive Market isn’t a “discount grocery” though; these are brand new products at wholesale prices. You can expect the same quality as you’d find at your local health food store, but at a way better cost! Thrive Market also offers a “Savings Guarantee”, which guarantees that if you don’t make back the cost of membership in savings over the course of a year, they’ll credit the difference to your account (for example, if you pay approximately $60 for a membership and only save $40 in a year, they’ll credit you $20 in Thrive Cash). Don’t worry though- you’re almost guaranteed to save a ton (so far my annual savings is projected to be about $700. You can view your savings in your Account Info section).
Where and how does Thrive Market ship?
Thrive Market currently ships to all residential and commercial addresses in the contiguous United States. They do not currently ship to P.O. boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada – but hopefully, that will change soon!
Shipping is free on orders over $49. For anything below that threshold, a $5.95 shipping and handling fee will be applied.
Good to know:
- A signature is not required, and you don’t have to be home to accept the delivery – unless it’s for wine.
- Wine is shipped separately and not eligible for auto-shipment discounts. Additionally, a signature is required for wine deliveries.
- Food is kept cool in transit with insulated liners made from recycled materials.
- All shipping materials are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials, items are packaged in Thrive Market’s zero-waste warehouse, and certified carbon-neutral through CarbonFund.org. Learn more about Thrive Market’s packaging and shipping practices here.
- you can opt in to auto-ship at any time. You’ll receive a notification several days before your order ships, so you can refine your cart – or change the date of your auto shipment – you have total control when it comes to your auto-ship order.
What types of products are available through Thrive Market?
As someone who has been a member of Thrive Market for several years, it’s been exciting to see the selection grow – especially more recently. Thrive Market offers a huge selection of items – they offer almost everything from every category you’d find at your local Whole Foods or natural foods market, except for fruit, veggies, and most dairy (there are some shelf-stable milk boxes offered). More recent additions to Thrive Market’s lineup include pasture-raised meat, sustainably sourced seafood, and even frozen meals, meal kits, and blendable smoothies. Will we eventually see a produce option offered? Fingers crossed!
Want some specific examples? Here are a few items I regularly order:
- Thrive Market brand organic coffee
- Thrive Market brand collagen protein
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder (chocolate and vanilla – my faves)
- Thrive Market brand Organic MCT Oil
- Mary’s Crackers
- Organic Valley Ghee
- Califia Farms Coffee Creamer
- Ursa Major Face Wash
- New Chapter Vitamins Fermented D3
- Thrive Market brand Dental Floss
…The list goes on
You’ll notice a pretty solid mix of name brands and Thrive Market brand items in there. I love that I can find the specific products I love at a discount – like the Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Proteins and New Chapter Vitamins – along with Thrive Market basics that are all of excellent quality (I’ve never had a bad experience with the Thrive Market goods). For a full list of brands carried by Thrive Market, visit this page.
Are Thrive Market products high-quality?
Absolutely! Items from Thrive Market are non-GMO, often organic, and always great quality. Despite the low prices and discounts, Thrive Market does not feature low-quality products or feel like a budget shopping experience. The in-house brand covers all the bases, offering members the opportunity to save even more by forgoing the cost associated with a brand name. I especially appreciate the Thrive Market-brand baking items around the holidays – they make baking big batches affordable without sacrificing quality.
Is Thrive Market convenient?
Yes! Thrive Market makes shopping very easy. Categories are listed across the top of the homepage, making it simple to search for what you need, explore by brand or department, or even shop by dietary need or value (like vegan or keto). Thrive Market also makes discovering new arrivals fun – new items are shown on the homepage, and they often offer gifts-with-purchase so members can try something new. While shipping can take a few days, I find it just as convenient as Amazon or going to my local Whole Foods – but much better when it comes to aligning with my values and my budget. I often keep an eye on prices at my local grocery store to see where I can get the best value, and it’s almost always at Thrive Market (for example, my local market sells the Califia Farms coffee creamer I like at a decent price, but not in the large size. I love that I can find the bigger size at a better value through Thrive).
My Thrive Market Review
- Review expertise: I’ve been a Thrive Market member for over three years – I enjoy the service and finally signed up for auto-shipments this year (I don’t know why it took me so long).
- Thoughts on Thrive Market: I love signing in to Thrive Market and seeing what’s new. It’s exciting to see how the offerings have expanded over the past several years – Thrive Market has come a long way since I first signed up! While Thrive Market sells a huge variety of groceries, I tend to stick with a similar list of items when I shop:
- Cooking oils, like good-quality extra-virgin olive oil and coconut oil
- Supplements, like D3 and a milti-vitamin
- Baking supplies
- Protein powders and collagen
- Verdict: There’s a reason I’ve remained a loyal member of Thrive Market for so long – the company continues to do good while offering the best prices on most things. Take my favorite protein powders, for instance. I can get my favorite Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powders from Thrive Market for $37.99 (plus an additional 5% off with auto-ship!). If I were to purchase them from Whole Foods, they’d cost me $49.99. That’s a pretty signifigant difference! One that really adds up over time. Another example? My favorite California Olive Ranch Extra-Virgin Olive Oil is $9.99 from Thrive Market. My local chain grocery store has the same one priced at $12.99. While, yes, some items are priced cheaper elsewhere – like chocolate chips, for instance – they’re not organic and they’re not going to have the same high standards that Thrive Market does. While I don’t get all of my groceries from Thrive Market, it’s where I purchse almost all of my supplements and pantry items, and I love trying the new products they frequently offer.
Is Thrive Market worth it?
We’ve covered a lot of info in this Thrive Market review, but one big question remains: is Thrive Market worth it?
Reviewing the above, it’s clear that Thrive Market has a lot to offer; there’s a huge selection of super high quality food and grocery items, they frequently offer deals and special discounts, Thrive market is continually working to be more sustainable, and they give back to their community. The items are all of the best quality, and I can tell you from experience- the Thrive Market customer service team is top notch. They’re quick to respond and resolve any issues quickly and effeciently (I’ve had one item break in transit they they replaced it immediately and offered a refund – thanks, Thrive Market!). Thrive Market advertises savings of at least 25-50% off retail prices – and everything they offer is indeed signifigantly less expensive than what you’ll find at your local grocery store – plus they deliver to you door, saving you the hassle of potentially needing to drive to multiple stores to get everything you need. While Thrive doesn’t offer everything you’d find at your local market – no produce, few refrigerated items – they do offer an impressive selection, and I love that members don’t need to choose between brand loyalty and savings – you can shop both thanks to Thrive Market’s own brand of goods. If you’re looking to save on organic and non-GMO groceries, Thrive Market could be a great option for you – especially if you sign up for auto-ship to take advantage of the extra savings. If you don’t care about shopping natural and organic and having access to brands that align with those values at a signifigant discount, you may be able to find your groceries cheaper elsewhere. As for me, I remain a happy Thrive Market customer!
Ready to subscribe? Make sure to sign up using our coupon below to ensure you get the best deal.
You can try Thrive Market for yourself here:
Have you tried Thrive Market? Head to the comments section and let us know!