Basic Man Review – What To Expect with Your Monthly Subscription
Basic Man Review
What To Expect with Your Monthly Subscription
Basic Man aims to send men basic essentials on a monthly basis – it’s the highest rated basics subscription from our Men’s Clothing & Style Subscription Boxes rated by our readers in 2019! It’s a low-cost and low-effort way to keep your essentials fresh and new – along with building up a nice little assortment of daily wear. You can expect a new pair of socks, underwear, and a shirt each month.
About Basic Man
The Subscription Box: Basic Man
The Cost: $19.99 (shipping included)
COUPON: Use coupon code MSA50 to get 50% off of your first month!
The Products: New basic everyday essentials for men.
Pros & Cons
|Is It Worth It?||
|I’d Recommend Basic Man If You||
I’ve been a basic man subscriber for 14 months now, see all of my shipments here!
I went ahead and pulled both the February and March 2019 shipments to give you a good sense of month-to-month shipments and differences.
You’ll have no control over the color or style of your basics – but they do tend to fall into a color palette each month. Each month comes with socks, underwear, and a new t-shirt.
Basic Man T-Shirt
I like to relate these to a basic shirt from American Eagle, a brand that I tend to purchase. The first is pretty true-to-size, but can sometimes run on the smaller side. They pre-wash these, too, to avoid shrinking in the wash as much as possible.
- The shirts are a 60/40 Cotton/Polyester blend
- Great for an undershirt or an outer shirt
- They’re pre-washed, so there isn’t too much shrinking on these
- They’re soft with no unnecessary frills
Basic Man Underwear
The low-down on their underwear is that they’re comfortable to wear in both hot and cold weather – they’re easily some of my favorite underwear that I own.
- The underwear is 95/5 Modal/Elastane
- They’re tagless! I think this is the most important thing for me.
- They’re silky smooth, but not so smooth that they ride-up all day
- They’re made with Modal – it’s 50% more absorbent than your typical cotton underwear + they’re breathable and odor resistant
Basic Man Socks
My absolute favorite part of each shipment are the socks. I’ve reviewed tons of sock subscription boxes which leaves me with the knowledge that a typical pair of high-quality socks tend to run around $12 per pair – so you’re essentially getting the shirt and underwear for only $8 if you’re in it for the socks like I am!
- The socks are 80/17/3 Combed Cotton/Polyester/Elastic
- These can be no-show socks of mid-calf socks – the latter has been much more frequent
- These have done the best job of staying up on my calf more than most – these are the socks I look for in my drawer every day because of that
- They’re breathable – but have still been very warm in super cold weather
I also went ahead and grabbed the March shipment to show a bit of the month-to-month style cycles.
As you can see – while the colors change up, the basic tend to be the small most month. March had a bit of a surprise for me with a pair of no-show socks!
No-show socks are my go-to style for warmer weather – I wish more subscription boxes sent these out. They have all the same quality attributes and material of the calf-high socks – but also vitally include the little silicon ankle strip to help keep these on your foot.
It’s hard not to leave a glowing review each month for Basic Man – it’s the clothing subscription that I look forward to most! Here’s why:
- It has a high-value: socks run around $12 per pair, so you’ll be grabbing the shirt and underwear for only $8 – and those are the 2 more expensive items. I tend to wear each piece at least twice a week – that breaks down to around $3.33 per use of each item in any given month.
- It’s been valuable to my everyday life: I’m wearing the March shirt as an undershirt today – and that’s pretty normal in my everyday life now. Not to mention that the socks have been my go-to brand for months on end
- It allows me to cycle my basics: I feel like I’m a pretty typical guy. I have old socks where the band on it is so flimsy that they can’t even stay up on my leg anymore. Well, this gives me the reminder to donate or ditch those with the reassurance that I have some new items every month.
If you need even more detail on Basic Man – be sure to check out every month’s review from the past year or so on our Basic Man reviews page.
Ready to start? Use coupon code MSA50 to get 50% off of your first month!
Did I miss any tips or tricks for new Basic Man subscribers? Be sure to help them out in the comment section below!