Watch Gang Black Subscription Box Review – December 2017
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September’s review of the Original option that’s $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
December 2017 Watch Gang Black Review
The December watch featured the vintage look from Szanto.
It comes with a few cards – but it doesn’t list out the brands for the subscription levels.
Szanto Desert Sands 4501 Watch – Value $250
If you’re looking for that vintage leather look – then look no further than this classic looking Szanto watch!
The watch face is big and bold – it’s all water resistant up to 100 meters as well.
The housing has a really slick patina bronze look to it. In my head, the thing I thought was that this is the watch that Indiana Jones would be wearing.
It’s got that antique look everywhere, including the thick leather straps.
It is battery operated, though.
Verdict: I really loved the unique selection of this month’s watch – it’s a bold statement! This one is up there with one of my favorite selections, too. If you’re like me and like to switch up your watches all of the time, then I couldn’t recommend this subscription enough!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No – they’re shipping out December boxes at the moment – but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you’ll get the same watch as I do.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?