Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out last month's review of the Original option that's $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club - $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black - $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum - $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 - $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the "watch enthusiast" looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
The Watch Gang sign-up process has changed a bit - you'll no longer select your style profile as part of the process. Instead, according to the FAQ, you'll be able to send in your style preferences through this workflow.
You'll get cards with ways to share your photos and win a free month - but no longer have details on watch brands featured in the month's boxes.
Grayton Watch - Value $245
My Black tier watch comes from Grayton this month.
The watch has a rose gold casing and rose gold lined numbers and details - it really pops on your wrist!
It also has Japanese automatic Seiko movement NH35 - this is what will power your watch as you move throughout the day. Not to mention, it just looks super cool to see the inner workings!
It's got a brown "croco" leather, which just means that it's embossed with this alligator pattern. It's also detailed with cream stitching.
The casing is on the thin side - so if you're looking for a low profile watch, this is the type of watch I'd be looking at. Overall, it just looks classy and made for everyday wear.
It also arrives with a microfiber cleaning towel, manual, and 24-month warranty card.
Verdict: I love getting all these different types of watches - I'm really falling for Watch Gang! While it can be an expensive subscription, if you're someone who loves switching up watches, it could be a fun option to grow your collection.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?