The Bouqs Review – Fresh Flowers At Your Doorstep
The Bouqs Review
Fresh Flowers At Your Doorstep
The Bouqs Pros
- The packaging is so secure, your flowers will always arrive in perfect condition.
- You can choose the frequency of delivery to match your budget and needs.
- There’s an option to choose when you want to receive the first delivery, to ensure you’ll be home or at work when it comes.
- You can add a personal note for yourself or for whomever you’re sending the flowers.
- You get to adjust the size, delivery date, and arrangement style for each delivery, so you have maximum flexibility with this subscription.
- You can add a signature vase to your first order, in case you don’t have one.
The Bouqs Cons
- Although there are options to receive fully bloomed arrangements, most orders will arrive with closed buds. So, your flowers won’t be ready to display the moment they arrive.
- The flowers need some trimming before you place them in your base. After trying my best with chicken scissors, it became impossible to trim some of the stems. This can be annoying, especially if you don’t have garden scissors around.
- You don’t receive a card that goes into depth about the flowers you received. While you get a care card, unless you’re a flower expert, you don’t know all the flowers in your bouquet.
- To cancel your subscription, you’ll have to contact customer service. There isn’t an online option available to cancel your subscription at this moment.
COUPON: Use code OHSHIP to gives free shipping for limited time.
There are a few things that I need to have in my house at all times: candles, coffee, and fresh flowers. That said, when it comes to fresh flowers, I’m not the best at making floral arrangements or picking exotic flowers to elevate the look of my home. So, when I saw The Bouqs subscription model, I was really excited.
I’m not lying when I say it took me forever to pick the type of bouquet I wanted to receive first – I wanted them all!
More than a subscription box, The Bouqs is an online flower shop. You can find, pick, and ship a gorgeous floral bouquet for virtually any occasion. They have professionally designed bouquets or single-flower arrangements that will brighten up someone’s day in an instant. Their promise? Fresh, longer-lasting blooms that are directly sourced from eco-friendly farms.
For this Bouqs review, we tried their Deluxe size Bouq, which includes about 20-32 stems and arrives every month.
This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
About The Bouqs
The Bouqs started in 2012 partnering with farmers using sustainable farming practices. They’re an online floral shop that offers farm-direct flower arrangements to eliminate the middlemen. In Bouqs words, this helps flowers stay fresher longer.
Their main difference is that they partner with farmers from around the world. All of their farmers use eco-friendly practices, such as waste management, recycling water, and using sustainable growing practices. Through direct farming, they also want to become more transparent and conscious about the lifespan of flowers.
How does The Bouqs work?
The Bouqs operates in three different modalities: by schedule, on-demand, and via subscription. Basically, you can pick a pre-designed floral arrangement for virtually any occasion – birthdays, anniversaries, congratulations, new babies, weddings – and choose the date you want to send the flowers. Their on-demand or next-day delivery is available in specific locations, and you can get a bouquet designed by local florists and delivered in as little as 2 hours.
But today, I’ll be talking more about their subscription method. It works relatively easy as most other subscription boxes you’ve tried in the past. All you need to do is create your account, choose your plan, play with the type of arrangement you want to receive, and schedule your first delivery.
However, you’ll have to enter your payment information before reviewing the exact arrangement you’ll receive.
How much does The Bouqs cost?
The Bouqs has three different subscription plans to choose from. You can select your preferred frequency, between weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and by-monthly. Keep in mind, you’ll be charged every time you receive a new bouquet. Shipping is free for all subscription orders.
The three plans include:
- Original: $36 for 10-16 stems
- Deluxe: $48 for 20-32 stems
- Grand: $60 for 30-45 stems
Where and how does The Bouqs ship?
As of August 2021, The Bouqs ships to 49 states in the United States. Some bouquets are created directly at the farms they partner with will ship with FedEx from Tuesday to Saturday. When the floral arrangement is designed by a florist that partners with The Bouqs, they’ll be delivered within the delivery range, 7 days a week. There’s an option to choose a florist Bouq that lets you see any partners in the area.
What type of floral arrangements can I get?
With The Bouqs subscription, you can pick floral arrangements from an exclusive collection only subscription members can access. Their Freshest Picks collection features various seasonal, farm-fresh bouquets that are at their freshest peak to last longer.
What types of floral arrangements can I not get?
With a subscription, you’ll only get the option to choose from the exclusive collection reserved for subscription members. There aren’t options to choose from the other collections or pick plants instead of flowers.
How is The Bouqs delivery packaged?
Your subscription bouquet will arrive in a perfectly packaged box, wrapped in clear plastic with the stems held together with a rubber band. Your bouquet box will also include plant food and a card with caring instructions.
Is The Bouqs convenient?
Absolutely. Having beautifully arranged bouquets delivered at your doorstep is exceptionally convenient if you don’t have the luxury to live close to a floral shop. Plus, the ability to change recipients, delivery dates, and frequency make it ideal for sharing your subscription with loved ones, family members, and friends.
My Bouqs Review
As I said, if I could have fresh flowers in my house every day, I’d be ecstatic. But, I’m not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical about receiving fresh flowers in a box. At first, I wasn’t aware that most of the flowers I received were meant to arrive as closed buds. So when I finally placed them in a vase, let’s just say my bouquet looked anything but breathtaking.
As I took out the flowers from the box, I realized I didn’t know about half of the flowers included in my bouquet. I sort of wished I could learn more about them, their environment, and the best way to care for them. Nonetheless, I started trimming their ends according to instructions to help them absorb water better – it was really challenging. Not even my good chicken scissors could cut down half of these stems. So, eventually, I gave up and hoped for the best.
At first, the closed buds and wrinkled flowers didn’t look as beautiful as they did in the pictures. I felt a bit defeated and hopeless. The site says to give them a day or two outside the box to return to their glory. They did!
I realized I had to be more patient with these flowers. After all, they’ve been cramped into a box for who knows how long without water. So, by day three, your flowers will start to look like what they show in the pictures. In the end, I think the fact that they come as closed buds help them stay fresher longer. Because my flowers looked pretty decent even after 7 days in the same water. With the right care, and maybe the right temperature (I live in scorching Florida), I can see these flowers lasting at least 10 days.
I really enjoyed arranging the flowers and seeing them blossom. The scent these flowers exuded was something I’ve never experienced before. I almost wanted to bottle them into a perfume bottle. If you like to be surprised with florist-designed arrangements every so often, this is a subscription box I’d recommend.
What do other MSA reviews say about The Bouqs?
At MSA, we love to share experiences and compare them with more recent reviews. Back in 2018, we did a review on Bouqs’ monthly subscription. At the time, the type of bouquets, arrangements, and even the look of the box was entirely different. Still, Emily Cosnotti gave it a try and had this to say:
“This month’s shipment from The Bouqs arrived in great condition. Peach roses were the high-value flower paired with white mini poms, light green carnations, and green hypericum berries. I’d like to see slightly higher value flowers paired with the roses as carnations come across as a cheap addition. […] For me, there is value in the convenience of having these flowers delivered, and I don’t mind arranging them myself, plus I appreciate knowing more about the farm they came from.”
Are there alternatives to The Bouqs?
Of course, The Bouqs isn’t the only flower subscription box out there. As on-demand services and subscription boxes continue to earn popularity, more and more companies offer flower subscription boxes.
The Bouqs vs. Enjoy Flowers
Like The Bouqs, Enjoy Flowers is a subscription service that offers florist-selected bouquets. They provide farm-fresh bouquets and various seasonal floral arrangements designed by “floral experts.”
- Cost: Enjoy Flowers’ signature bouquet starts at $42.50 per delivery with a 12-month subscription and up to $50 for a monthly or bi-weekly subscription. The Bouqs subscription can be canceled at any time and doesn’t require a minimum commitment.
- Personalization: While you can personalize delivery frequency, notes, and arrangements with The Bouqs, Enjoy Flowers takes it a step further. They include DIY loose stems that let you personalize your own floral arrangement as you wish.
The Bouqs vs. BloomsyBox
BloomsyBox offers sustainably sourced flowers using fresh, seasonal flowers. BloomsyBox is different from The Bouqs because they work exclusively with Rainforest Alliance certified farms to guarantee responsible and sustainable growing practices.
- Cost: Their subscription starts at $39.99 for a small bouquet (16-18 stems) and goes up to $69.99 for large bouquets (30-32 stems). BloomsyBox counts with different collections, including only-roses subscriptions, plants, and pet-friendly arrangements.
- Personalization: Unlike The Bouqs, there’s not much you can personalize or edit from your subscription. Each month, you’ll receive that month’s pre-selected floral arrangement instead of choosing your preferred arrangement.
The Bouqs vs. It’s By U
Unlike Bouqs, It’s By U is more of a DIY flower kit company. Instead of sending you a finished arrangement, they ship a kit with everything you’ll need to turn into a florist. You get farm-fresh flowers, tools, vases, and even a video streaming lesson to arrange your flowers.
- Cost: $59 per month or $49 per week. Because It’s By U offers a kit instead of an arrangement, you have fewer options to choose from.
- Personalization: While you can choose to add more or fewer flowers to your final arrangement, there isn’t really much space for personalization with It’s By U.
Is The Bouqs worth it?
When considering the price for a florist-designed, farm-fresh arrangement at any local store, The Bouqs seems entirely worth it to me. The one aspect that makes it worth it, in the end, is the flexibility you have with arrangements, delivery dates, and frequency.
I love the fact that you can choose to send your next month’s box to a friend or a loved one instead of to yourself. It basically gives you access to beautiful flower arrangements for you and those around you year-round. If you love having flowers around your workplace or at home, The Bouqs is definitely worth consideration.
Want to learn more about The Bouqs? Check out all our The Bouqs details and reviews.
COUPON: Use code OHSHIP to gives free shipping for limited time.