Take a quick look online and you'll notice there are a ton of subscription boxes available for food, clothing, beauty, and the like. But technology and home gadgets? Not so much. So, we asked our readers and staff for their recommendations for the best tech subscription boxes, and here are the results! Our list contains a mix of tech-specific subscription boxes as well as lifestyle and outdoor subscription boxes that offer home gadgets on occasion. We've included options that both men and women will love, and we've even thrown in a few boxes that offer hands-on projects for kids and teens too.
Best Tech Subscription Boxes in 2024:
The 9 Best Tech Subscription Boxes for Home Gadgets in 2024
1. BREO BOX
When searching for the best tech subscription boxes in 2024, it's no surprise that BREO BOX tops just about every list out there. And for good reason - you get tons of cool gadgets, home goods, and everyday lifestyle essentials each quarter. You'll receive 4-8 products in each subscription box that are tailored to a seasonal theme. For reference, the Spring 2023 Box included the following items: Statik Charge Tray, Rocket Book Cloud Cards, MPOWERD Luci Solar Utility Portable Light, Prepara Dressing Mixer, Riddia Sleep, and a Sneaker Mitt.
This box isn't just for the tech geeks/tech lovers out there as every product is user-friendly and fun - even the kids will love this box. BREO BOX helps you discover the coolest electronics and smart home devices that you never knew you needed!
- Excellent mix of tech and lifestyle products
- Up to $300 value per box
- Works for men and women
- Only quarterly boxes are available
- Lacks customization
Gadget Discovery Club is a quarterly tech subscription that delivers 1-4 unique and innovative gadgets in each box. Each box is themed and contains products such as smart home devices, music tech, wearables, smartphone gadgets, and more. Gadget Discovery Club is designed to upgrade every part of your lifestyle and every gadget box has a $125+ retail value. Subscribers will receive fun box teasers that'll keep them on the edge of their seats, filled to the brim with anticipation. Their 2022 Summer Health Box came with a KeySmart Clean Light Water Bottle and a Smoovi Portable Blender.
- Each box is themed for the season
- Contains up to 4 products per box
- $125+ value in each box
- Only a quarterly plan is available
- Lacks customization
3. Gadget Club
Best for Mini Gadgets
Gadget Club is a monthly club that's all about providing subscribers with the latest up-to-date tech and gadgets. Each box includes 3 products: 1 main gadget and 2 mini gadgets. You'll receive everything from drones and smart home devices to smartphone accessories and wearable tech. For reference, one of their boxes included a Tech Gadget Tool Kit, LED Umbrella, and a Touch Sensor Bluetooth Keyboard, whereas another featured a 620 Retro Gaming Machine, Mini Bluetooth Subwoofer, and an RGB Sound Sensor Bar. And you'll have peace of mind with this subscription box as every gadget comes with a 1-year warranty and a 30-day return.
- Receive 3 gadgets per month
- Great mix of products
- Solid warranty for products
- Not as high-value as other boxes
- Lacks customization
4. Bespoke Post
Best Lifestyle Box with Occasional Gadgets
While it's not strictly advertised as a tech subscription box, Bespoke Post lets subscribers tailor their monthly subscription box to their tastes. When signing up, you'll rate on a scale of 1-5 whether or not you like a specific category for your monthly box. Popular categories that usually include home gadgets are Music & Tech Gear as well as Home Décor & Accessories.
Each monthly box is built around a specific theme and may include anywhere from 1-5 items. Past boxes offered by Bespoke Post that were tech-specific included Toasty (mug warmer and wireless charger set), Cleansed (UV + O3 Sanitizing Box), and Amp (wireless speaker). You can also choose to purchase standalone products from The Shop if there are certain electronics you want but aren't included in your box. Some of the latest home gadgets offered in their shop include the aCOUSTIC Wireless Speaker by Kreafunk, Portable Electric Espresso Machine by Outin, and the Magnetic Paper Towel Dispenser by Drip EZ.
- Boxes are tailored to your preferences
- Great for finding trends and upgrading your lifestyle
- Products can be enjoyed by men and women (plus the kids!)
- Can't choose products for your monthly box
- Not always guaranteed a tech-specific box (but you can always skip it)
Best Outdoor Box with Survival Gadgets
This monthly box is for all the survivalists out there! Battlbox sends a monthly collection of outdoor gear and accessories including emergency tools, camping supplies, and preparedness gadgets. There are 4 subscription tiers as follows:
- Basic Box - Includes manuals, emergency supplies, outdoor gear, and survival tools
- Advanced Box - Includes all items from Basic as well as higher value items such as camp equipment, hiking essentials, bushcraft, EDC gear
- Pro Box - Includes all items from Basic and Advanced + Pro items as well as top-tier products like sleeping bags, backpacks, flashlights, and tents
- Pro Plus Box - Includes all items from Basic, Advanced, and Pro + Pro Plus items as well as products from top name brands like TOPS, Kershaw, Spyderco, CRKT, Gerber, Bastion
Unlike other tech subscription boxes, the gadgets you receive with Battlbox are more intended for the outdoors than in-home use. Examples of survival gadgets you may come across include the Pod Fusion Solar Power Bank, Überleben Stöker Flatpack Stove, Nicron H35 1000 Lumens Headlight.
- 4 different plans are available
- Includes a great mix of gear, emergency supplies, survival tools, and more
- Products are high-value and durable
- Not tech-specific
- Some subscription tiers are quite expensive
Best for Subscription Tier Options
Official Gadget offers a personalized tech subscription box that's tailored to your specific interests. Your monthly subscription box will be curated according to a theme such as Gym Enthusiast, Traveler, or Gadget Lover. You can expect to receive a mix of products like noise-canceling headphones, mini portable chargers, speakers, protective cases, or even a magnifying phone screen. Choose from 3 subscription tiers: Trial Package (1 product), Premium Package (2+ products), or Deluxe Package (3+ products).
- Choose from 3 subscription boxes
- Receive a mix of products
- Your box is tailored to your interests
- Doesn't provide info on the contents of past boxes
- Not as high-quality as other subscriptions
8. The ManBox
Best Monthly Box for Men with Occasional Home Gadgets
While this isn't a tech-specific subscription box The MaxBox does offer boxes that come with electronics and home gadgets on occasion. This monthly box for men delivers an incredible mix of lifestyle products, tech and gadgets, and survival gear. Each box has a retail value of $60+ and contains 5 products. Past boxes have included items like a folding knife, tactical pen, tactical flashlight, torch lighter, and beef jerky. As you can tell, this box is for men who want a bit of it all and makes a great gift for just about anyone.
- Great mix of gadgets and lifestyle products
- 5 products per box
- Makes the perfect gift
- Not a tech-heavy box
- Product quality varies each month
Best for Tweens and Teens
Eureka Crate merges both science and design with challenging, hands-on projects each month. Subscribers receive all the components they need to create a functional gadget that's rooted in engineering. While this tech box is catered to "tech geeks" ages 12 and older, younger kids will also enjoy each engineering project with the help of older family members or friends. You might build a working ukulele, an electric pencil sharpener, a desk lamp, or another functional object. Eureka Crate is one of today's best subscription boxes for families and also serves as the perfect tech box for anyone with a casual interest in engineering.
- Great tech box for tweens and teens
- Projects are challenging, yet fun
- Receive a large variety of projects
- Younger kids may require assistance
- Unlike other tech boxes, you have to create your gadgets from scratch
10. Creation Crate
Best for Kids
Similar to Eureka Crate, Creation Crate delivers a ready-to-build kit every month. These projects are strongly focused on electronics and engineering and are recommended for ages 10 and up. You’ll need to use multimeters, wiring diagrams, and other tools to complete each project, and this subscription box pairs with online courses. Whether you’re building an audio visualizer, a mood lamp, or an FM tuner, you’ll rely on a growing set of programming and engineering skills to get the job done.
In other words, Creation Crate is an electronics curriculum in a box. The instructions are clear, and there are online resources (including video tutorials) for delving further into each project. Make no mistake: this technology subscription is for serious tinkerers. If you fit that description — or if you know someone who does — it’s an exceptional way to learn.
- Appeals to larger age range
- Boxes are paired with online courses
- Wide variety of projects
- Have to create your own home gadgets
- Some projects may be too difficult for kids of certain ages