My Subscription Addiction paid for this box. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
About Unique Vintage Dress of the Month Club
The Subscription Box: Unique Vintage Dress of the Month Club
The Cost: $50 per month + $7 shipping
The Products: One vintage-style dress from the Unique Vintage collection; offers sizes from XS through 4X
Ships to: U.S.
Good to know: If the dress doesn’t work for you one month, you can send it back for credit towards next month’s dress. However, shipping fees are non-refundable.
Unique Vintage March 2018 Review
You never quite know what you’re going to get with this subscription. It could be a party dress or one that you could wear to work. Let’s see what I got this month:
A couple of notes:
(1) This is the March shipment. Unique Vintage changed the way they do billing and my package came super late compared to previous months, as a result.
(2) With respect to billing, instead of auto-billing your credit card every month, Unique Vintage will now send you an email. If you want a dress that month, you’ll click through the email and pay and they’ll ship it out to you. If you don’t want a dress that month, simply ignore the email. What is nice about this:
- If your credit card number changes or you want to use a different card, you don’t have to arrange for them to call you at billing time but you can just enter the appropriate information at check-out
- You can now use Amazon pay
- There’s really no reason to cancel because it’s opt-in (instead of opt-out like JustFab) so you can just ignore the emails permanently if you want.
Unique Vintage 1960s Style Dark Teal Cap Sleeve Laverne Wiggle Dress – Retail Value $78
This one has another DO NOT IRON label in the back, like last month, and it looked wrinkled, again. Luckily, because this one is meant to be more fitted, the wrinkles mostly stretched out and didn’t show once I put it on. (Sorry about the weird look on my face, I just got Invisalign and I am not yet sure how to hold my mouth…) Anyway, this is a great color and I have a ton of matching beads in my bead stash so I can make all kinds of jewelry to go with it. It has just a bit of stretch to the fabric and is really comfortable to wear.
Here is a view of the back. This was easy to zip on my own (no help required), which makes it even better for work.
The sleeves and neckline have some interesting detailing. I am not much for wearing sleeveless dresses, to be honest, but this one would look fine with a white cardigan or shrug. (I have a large collection of cardigans and shrugs because a lot of cute dresses these days tend to be sleeveless.)
Verdict: The dress I received has a retail price of $78, which I think is a great value (that’s more than $20 over the cost of the box plus shipping). It is new merchandise as always (a new style and not a closeout). This is comfortable and work-appropriate, and the style suits me as well.
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No, all boxes ship out at the beginning of each month so you will receive the May shipment.
Value Breakdown: This subscription costs $57 if you include shipping and you get one dress.
Check out all of our Unique Vintage Dress of the Month Club reviews and more great apparel subscriptions in the Women’s Clothing Subscription Box Directory!
Keep Track of Your Subscriptions: Add this box to your subscription list or wishlist!
What do you think of Unique Vintage Dress of the Month Club? Did you receive the same dress or a different one?