Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are two tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club - $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black - $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $25/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $91/month for watches worth $150 - $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the "watch enthusiast" looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- NEW Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $275/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
This month's watch was a lot more sporty than previous months - but I like that it's switched up! Black Partners could have received a watch from Chronologia, Heritor, Reign, or Nixon. Original Parters could have received a watch from Simplify. Platinum Partners could have received watches from Glycine, Virata, Lum-Tec, or Melbourne Watch Company.
It comes with a card detailing the brands. Also - I'm not sure what 'Centum' is, it seems like a subscription tier, but it's not available on the website?
Chronologia Watch - Value $695
I was able to find the same watch in a black color on their site, so that's where I'm pulling the value from.
The first thing that made this stand out - it comes with a durable to-go case!
Pop it open and it has room for the watch to be stowed away along with the mini flashlight you'll find later in the review.
It also comes with the warranty card and instruction manual to get you started.
The watch itself has a sporty and high-tech look to it. The watch face comes with 3 subdials - each dial with Swiss quartz movement. The watch face illuminates in the dark as well, allonging you to get the time whenever needed.
It's got black and red fabric straps to accompany the black and red watch face.
The body is a bit thicker than watches I tend to wear - but, another cool part, the housing is made of matte black carbon fiber!
It finishes off with a stainless steel backing.
This is the little flashlight I mentioned above. It comes in the case for you to travel with - not a bad thing to have just in case.
It's got dual LED lights and a keyring to take it on-the-go.
Verdict: I am absolutely LOVING this subscription! I will say, I was very much into trying new watches before I ever started this subscription, so it was kind of in my wheelhouse, to begin with. But, I've been impressed with each month's delivery so far - and while this wasn't my favorite watch of the past 3 months, the value is incredible and it's still a really nice looking watch!
What do you think of Watch Gang?