Everything You Need to Know About Their Brand New Bralettes
Finding a bra that fits some what comfortably is hard enough, but finding a bralette that’s pleasant enough for daily wear is nearly impossible, but organic underwear brand Knickey has done just that. They’re known for their soft and comfortable undies, but now they’ve finally branched out to include bralettes that you can mix and match for the perfect fit.
Knickey is a female owned, sustainable underwear brand that uses ethically and environmentally low impact sources to create their soft and luxurious underwear. Their new bralettes come in four classic silhouettes for every size and shape without uncomfortable underwire and are available in their five core colors so you can find the one that best suits your style.
In this Knickey review, we will try on each item and provide feedback on the feel and look of the product along with the price to see if this bralette is right for you. We’ll even look at other underwear brands to see how they compare and see if they’re a better fit for you and your lifestyle. Now, let’s dive into this Knickey review.
This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out our review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
Knickey Pros & Cons
- Soft and breathable material
- Snug but comfortable
- No underwire
- Sizes XXS-XXXL
- Four different styles
- Five different colors
- Sustainably sourced
- Fair Trade certified
- Have to wash cold or hand wash
- Have to hang dry
- Not padded — some may feel too exposed without padding
All About Knickey
How did Knickey get started?
Knickey is run by Cayla and Lauren, two supply chain and sustainability pros. They had a mission to bring this area of expertise to your most worn piece of clothing — your undies. One of the most refreshing aspects about Knickey is how transparent they are as a brand, you can follow their supply chain from the organic farm in India they use to spin their cotton to where the fibers are spun to the fair trade certified factory where the items are made before arriving at their NYC headquarters. It's rare, refreshing, and super educating to follow their supply chain all the way to their front door. This information shows the thoughtfulness they put into each stitch and seam of their products from beginning to end.
How much does Knickey cost?
Each bralette is $48.00 no matter the size, which ranges from XXS to XXXL. They do not have a membership or subscription service, but they do have a starter kit for underwear in which you can purchase all five styles to try out for $65.00. Which comes out to $13.00 a pair versus their retail price of $14.00 a pair if you bought each individually. They do not have a starter kit for their bralettes right now, but I was lucky enough to try two of them and can say that you receive the high-quality comfort and style of the price.
Where and how does Knickey ship?
Knickey ships to the United States, Puerto Rico and the USVI. Internationally they ship to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. For US shipment, Knickey orders are shipped via USPS. Free shipping and Flat Rate shipping orders are shipped with USPS Standard First Class Mail, which is a 3-7 day service. If you've opted for expedited shipping, your order will ship via USPS Priority Mail, which is a 2-3 day service.
Good to Know:
- For US orders over $65.00, shipping is free.
- For US orders under $65.00, shipping is a flat rate of $4.00.
- You can upgrade to expedited shipping for an additional cost at checkout.
- Shipping, duties and taxes for your international order are calculated automatically at checkout.
How are Knickey Products Packaged?
My Knickey products arrived in an adorable and compact pink box with a lovely note inside from Zoe and the Knickey team along with an adorable set of stickers. The packaging was low waste with no useless wrapping paper or obnoxious bubble wrap inside. Just a small information packet about Knickey and the two lovely bralettes that I received.
How to Care For Your Knickey Products
You'll need to be careful about how you wash these high-quality bralettes. Knickey recommends you wash your bralettes in cold water and hang dry to not only save energy but extend the life and wear of your items as well. I would also recommend that if you have the time to hand wash the items so you can extend their lifetime even longer, but if you don't have the time to spare, make sure that you wash them with an eco-friendly detergent in the washing machine on the cold cycle.
How Are the Knickey Products Sized?
On their site, Knickey has a helpful size guide with the instructions to wrap a measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest and to make sure to stay parallel to the ground. Sizes are equivalent to the measurements of your bust and band size along with the number and letter bra size if you already know your size.
They also recommend that you size down if you are in-between sizes because cotton stretches as you wear it and you want your bralette to fit snug to your chest for the optimum support and comfort.
What Is the First Pair Guaranteed?
The First Pair Guaranteed allows you to try out one pair of each unique style and size of undies in your first order risk-free within 30 days of purchase. Outside of these First Pairs, any duplicate pairs in your order must be unopened, unworn, and unwashed in order to be eligible to return. Specifically for the bralettes, they recommend that your skin be clean and free of any deodorant, lotion, self-tanner, makeup or fragrance so that the bralette is not left with residue from these products if you need to exchange or return your items.
What Is Their Recycling Program?
One of the most innovative and awesome parts of Knickey is their recycling program. You can send any worn-out intimates to them and they will take care of them for you, whether they are Knickey brand or not. This includes men's and women's underwear along with socks and even face masks. Your old intimates will be recycled and turned into useful secondary textiles such as insulation, mattress batting, industrial textiles, and rags.
As most donation places will not accept underwear, which leads to most ending up in landfills, this is an extremely special program to help reduce waste and lessen our environmental impact on the earth. You even get to redeem a free pair of Knickey undies by donating, just make sure that you have an account with the site as you will receive the free pair of underwear notification to your email.
Good to Know:
- Only accepting donated intimates from within the US at this time.
- No purchase necessary to recycle with Knickey.
- You can send up to 200 items in your recycling package.
- A minimum of 5 items is required in order to receive a pre-paid recycling label.
The Knickey Products
I received two of their brand new bralettes to try, but they have four different styles to choose from: The Tank, The Scoop, The Triangle, The Keyhole in their five core colors of Midnight Moon, Bon Bon, Butterscotch, Peachy Keen, and Beach Bum.
You can see all of their styles here in the sizes XXS to XXL in all five of their core colors.
I pretty much wear all black all the time so I knew that Knickey's Tank in midnight moon was going to be a staple in my wardrobe. The material is soft and breathable with the fit being snug but not restrictive, which can be a challenge to find with a small chest and wider rib cage. I was worried that the ridgeline over my chest would not be flattering, but I thought that it actually accentuated my small chest well. I paired the bralette with my Dickie's overalls for a relaxed look that I can wear to the park with friends or for a grocery store run. I love that the tank has an adjustable strap so that you can loosen or tighten it to your standards. This is definitely going to be a staple in my wardrobe.
Wearing colors like this beautiful rust brown, known as the color bon bon, in the Scoop style was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I thought that the color popped beautifully with my skin tone. I was worried that the color would show through my white top, but it just looked like I was wearing a cute cami underneath. You could style this open as I did or buttoned up for a different look. As with the tank bralette above, the material is a high-quality softness with a cozy fit that left me dreaming of pumpkin spice lattes in a crowded coffee shop with friends or even a stroll through the farmer's market on a Sunday morning. I paired my bralette with a simple white button-up and my favorite pair of high-waisted jeans. The only downside to this bralette is that it does not have adjustable straps like the tank option, but mine fit so securely that I was not worried about it slipping off my shoulder during the day. I find this bralette so comfortable that I never wanted to take it off.
What do MSA reviewers say about Knickey?
Though I am the first to review the fabulous bralettes, we have reviewed Knickey products before. Check out what our reviewer had to say below about their underwear.
Christen’s Knickey Review:
- Review Expertise: Christen is a writer and a self proclaimed, "crazy cotton underwear lady" who’s written numerous reviews of underwear brands for MSA and was smitten with the organic underwear starter kit from Knickey.
- Thoughts on Knickey Products: Christen tried the starter kit and was impressed by all the products but particularly the mid-rise brief in her review, "I’ve just met my new favorite underwear! The mid-rise falls comfortably between my belly button and pubic line, and the back has full coverage that doesn’t cut in."
- Verdict: Christen sang only praises not only for the products, but for the brand itself as in her review she writes, "I would safely consider myself a Knickey superfan. Prior to even trying their underwear on my body, I fell in love with their sustainability promise, their supply chain ethics, and their materials—and their transparency about all of it, letting me, the customer, decide for myself that I can trust them rather than just taking their word for it."
Are there alternatives to Knickey?
Knickey vs. Fenty
Rihanna’s fashion brand has a monthly VIP membership that you can join to explore their various bra styles and sizes or you can purchase items from the site without the membership.
- Products: Fenty is known for their lingerie and in particular their quality bralettes that come in a range of sizes.
- Price: If you don’t charge your VIP membership credit to the site or choose to skip a month, you’re charged $49.95 a month.
- Verdict: You can have a variety of styles from Fenty, but if you’re on the hunt for a basic bralette for everyday, Knickey is more your speed.
Knickey vs. MeUndies
MeUndies is a sustainably sourced underwear subscription service that will send you one new pair of undies a month as part of their membership program.
- Products: You can purchase bralettes, underwear, and socks from the MeUndies site.
- Price: You'll pay $22.00 for a bralette from MeUndies if you're a member of their subscription service or $32.00 dollars if you purchase without a membership.
- Verdict: If you want fun designs for a cheaper price, MeUndies is a great option but if you're looking for more of a classic design, I would stick with Knickey.
Knickey vs. AdoreMe
AdoreMe offers a monthly lingerie and sleepwear membership program that delivers a set of your choice from their exclusive launches.
- Products: AdoreMe has bras, bralettes, underwear and loungewear to choose from on their site in numerous styles and designs.
- Price: You'll pay $39.95 a month as part of their membership program and receive a new set of your choice from their monthly collection.
- Verdict: AdoreMe is a great option for those who love an exclusive new set each month to spice up their underwear drawer, but if you want to invest in some classic pieces, Knickey is for you.
Is Knickey worth it?
If you're on the hunt for a bralette and want an elevated basic with a classic shape and high-quality material, Knickey is for you. I feel luxurious and cozy in their bralette, but I was won over by Knickey's ethics and commitment to sustainability along with their inclusiveness of sizes before I even tried the items on. The level of transparency and care they put into each product and to the information on their site is so rare and made these bralettes feel all the more special. I truly feel that these products were made with love and a thoughtfulness that makes me eager to try more of their products in the future.
You can try Knickey for yourself here:
Have you tried Knickey? Head to the comments section and let us know!