Prep for anything from an upcoming outdoor adventure to the end of the world with these survival subscription boxes! We pulled a few of our favorites from our complete list of survival subscription boxes to share with you. Which monthly tactical subscription box suits your survival needs?
The 5 Best Survival Subscription Boxes in 2023:
The 5 Best Survival Subscription Boxes in 2023 for Survival Gear, Survival Tools, and More!
The Cost: $34.99 plus shipping for Basic, $64.99 plus shipping for Advanced, $119.99 plus shipping for Pro, and $169.99 plus shipping for Pro Plus. Sign up here!
About the Box: This monthly box is for all the survivalists out there! Battlbox sends a monthly collection of outdoor gear and accessories, including emergency tools, camping supplies, and preparedness gadgets. Expect to receive items like fire starters, knives and sharpeners, flashlights, compasses, and other essentials that'll make you the person who everyone in your group is grateful tagged along!
There are 4 different boxes you can choose from when subscribing to Battlbox:
- Basic Box - Includes manuals, emergency supplies, outdoor gear, and survival tools
- Advanced Box - Includes all items from Basic as well as higher value items such as camp equipment, hiking essentials, bushcraft, EDC gear
- Pro Box - Includes all items from Basic and Advanced + Pro items as well as top-tier products like sleeping bags, backpacks, flashlights, and tents
- Pro Plus Box - Includes all items from Basic, Advanced, and Pro + Pro Plus items as well as products from top name brands like TOPS, Kershaw, Spyderco, CRKT, Gerber, Bastion
- 4 different plans are available
- Includes a great mix of gear, emergency supplies, survival tools, and more
- Products are high-value and durable
- Not all options are budget-friendly for the average subscriber
Shipping: Ships to the U.S. and Canada. Shipping rates vary.
Cost: $34.99 per month. Save with longer subscriptions. Sign up here!
About the Box: Nomadik is an awesome lifestyle subscription box for lovers of the great outdoors. Each box typically has a great value, sending 3-5 items (or 5-8 with quarterly boxes) that are broken down into 1 main product, 1-3 smaller gear goodies, and 1-2 items that serve as educational or inspirational nice-to-haves. Nomadik monthly deliveries come with a theme so that each area of outdoor readiness can be enhanced.
Past monthly box themes have included:
- Hydration - Insulated water bottle, a reusable straw, and electrolyte powder
- Wellness - Eco-friendly travel toiletry bag, biodegradable wash, and skin repair spray
- Campfire Stories - Fire starters, a bottle opener, playing cards, and more
Whether you're an avid outdoors person or a beginner, Nomadik will help you hit the trail in style and well-prepared.
- Offers both a monthly subscription box and quarterly boxes
- Receive amazing gear at a discounted price
- Boxes are customized to your preferences
- Can't handpick each box - just the first one
Shipping: Monthly boxes ship to the U.S. for $8.99 and internationally for an additional charge. Free U.S. shipping for quarterly boxes.
3. Crate Club
Cost: Starts at $49.99 a month. Subscribe here!
About the Box: Staffed entirely by U.S. Special Operations veterans, Crate Club sends its subscribers survival gear, tactical gear, and outdoor essentials handpicked by Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces, Rangers, USAF, and USMC Special Ops. Not only will you receive high-quality, member-exclusive items, but you'll also gain access to online tutorials and tips too.
You get to choose from the following 4 different subscription boxes:
- Lieutenant ($49.99 per month) - Best for casual and new tacticians. You'll get a mix of survival gear and tools, EDC gear, and more.
- Captain ($99.99 per month) - An upgrade from the Lieutenant Box and ideal for everyday use. It includes higher-quality survival tools, self-defense gear, medical kits, EDC packs, and more.
- Major ($199.99 per month) - An upgrade from the Captain Box. It includes premium gear that you can use in the field such as optics, purification systems, med kits, and more.
- General ($399.99 quarterly, or $1399.99 annually) - Consider this the 007 of gear boxes. You can expect products like custom bulletproof bag inserts, tactical self-defense flashlights, binoculars, and more. This is for hardened survivalists - not beginners.
- Subscription box options for every level of survivalist/prepper
- Includes premium tactical gear and survival essentials
- Sends you items you actually need - not fluff
- Heftier price tag
Shipping: Ships to the U.S. and internationally to all APO, FPO, and DPO addresses in support of military members serving overseas. Free shipping for an annual membership.
Cost: $50 every other month. Subscribe here!
About the Box: Founded by Creek Stewart, host of The Weather Channel's survival show, SOS HOW TO SURVIVE, APOCABOX was created to help ordinary people develop their survival skills and expand their collection of essential gear. In addition to handy tools, you'll get survival skills challenges each month—at-home exercises, training tips, and links to exclusive training videos. Every box is completely different and at least one hand-crafted survival-themed item is included in every APOCABOX.
- Sends a mix of tools, challenges, trainings, and more
- Great for beginner to intermediate survivalists
- Relatively affordable for what you get
- Not ideal for more serious survivalists
- Only bi-monthly option
Shipping: Ships to the US for $10.95 per box.
Cost: Starts at $49.99 a month. Subscribe here!
About the Box: Barrel and Blade Tactical Outfitters brings you survival and everyday carry gear in each box! Past Barrel and Blade boxes have included everything from water purifying technology breakdowns to defense and survival weapons kits. It's a great pick for hardcore survival enthusiasts, especially those who are looking to build their collection of knives and gun accessories.
- Great mix of tools and gear
- Affordable for what you get
- Works for beginners and seasoned survivalists
- Level 2 is expensive
- Knife of the Month Club not available on CrateJoy
Shipping: Ships to the U.S. only.
Did You Find Your New Favorite Survival Box?
That wraps up our list of the best survival subscription boxes in 2023! Did you discover your new favorite monthly survival subscription box? Are there other tactical subscription boxes or survival boxes we should add to the list? Comment below with your thoughts and make sure to leave a review if you've tried any of the above subscription boxes.