What It’s Like to Subscribe to Blueland
Read reviews further down the page, too, for more personal experiences.
How Blueland Works
The process is quite simple. First, pick which product you’d like to purchase--The Clean Suite, The Clean Essentials Kit, Hand Soap Duo, Dish Duo, or Laundry Essentials. Then, choose how often you’d like refills to be delivered to you, in addition, once you’ve placed an order for your first subscription kit, you can choose different cadences for each component. You can select delivery for every 1, 2, 3, or 4 months.
Blueland is designed as a reusable, refillable system. Just buy the Forever Bottles and Tins once, and then purchase refill tablets and powders that come packaged in compostable paper.
Example Blueland Products
Blueland’s most popular products include their Foaming Hand Soap, Clean Essentials Kit, and Clean Suite Kit.
- The Foaming Hand Soap comes in a chic reusable glass bottle with swoon-worthy scents.
- Blueland's original cleaning kit, the Clean Essentials Kit comes with three spray cleaners: Multi-Surface Cleaner, Bathroom Cleaner and Glass + Mirror Cleaner and Blueland's award-winning Foaming Hand Soap.
- The Clean Suite Kit has what you need for a clean home and a clean planet - with all three refillable cleaning sprays and refillable foaming hand soap, plastic-free dishwasher and laundry tablets, and refillable powder dish soap so you can clean your home from top to bottom without plastic waste.
Prices range from as low as $6 for refill packets up to $83 for the Clean Suite Kit.
The Clean Suite Kit is available for $83 and includes 7 reusable bottles and tins and refill packs: 3 Cleaning Spray Bottles + 3 Cleaning Tablets, 1 Foaming Hand Soap Bottle + 1 Tablet, 1 Dishwasher Tin + 40 Dishwasher Tablets, 1 Laundry Tin + 40 Tablets and 1 Powder Dish Soap Shaker + 1 refill pack.
The Clean Essentials Kit is available for $39 and includes 4 reusable bottles and refill tablets: 3 Cleaning Spray Bottles + 3 Cleaning Tablets, 1 Foaming Hand Soap Bottle.
Blueland Pros and Cons
- Offers home cleaners, dish and hand soap, as well as laundry detergent
- You only have to buy the container once - everything else is refill-based
- All ingredients are low carbon footprint, cruelty-free, and environmentally-friendly
- No body wash or shampoo
- Only foam hand soap, no bars
- Limited scents to choose from
What Else You Should Know About Blueland
Blueland only sources ingredients that are gluten-free, vegan, and cruelty-free. Additionally, all ingredients are contained on the EPA Safer Chemical Ingredients List and none are found on the EWG Unacceptable List and Prop 65 Banned Ingredients List.
Is Blueland Worth It?
If you’re trying to clean up both your house and your carbon footprint, then Blueland is most certainly worth it. Not only will you be cutting down your plastic consumption, but you’ll also be using ingredients that are safe, cruelty-free, and environmentally friendly. It’s a win for everyone!
How Blueland Compares to Other Top Cleaning Subscriptions
Blueland VS Cleancult: Cleancult is incredibly similar to Blueland in that it relies on plastic-free cleaning supplies and sells cleaning sprays, hand soap, laundry detergent, and dish soap. The main differences are that Cleancult offers liquid soaps in cartons instead of powder and that they also sell bar soap. Both brands are similarly priced.
Blueland VS Grove Collaborative: Grove Collaborative is an online platform that provides customers access to 2,000+ products which include natural household cleaners and personal hygiene products. Rather than subscribe for refills, Grove Collaborative allows you to fully customize each order, but you can join their VIP program for only $19.99 per year to enjoy perks like unlimited free shipping, full-size gifts, early access to new products, and exclusive sales.
Blueland VS ThreeMain: ThreeMain offers a subscription to three of the main cleaning products you need for your house: a multi-surface cleaner, a bathroom cleaner, and dish soap. ThreeMain’s subscription-based products come in 100% aluminum bottles and it only offers a subscription for this one bundle.