There's a Subscription For That is a series spotlighting subscriptions the team at My Subscription Addiction finds interesting and is excited to share with readers.
I can't be the only person who remembers begging their parents to buy them a disposable camera at the drugstore and immediately taking it to school to take pics of their friends. But thinking back, especially in an era when our phones dictate our every move, I can't help but think back and wish we could still enjoy outings with our friends without obsessing over who looked good in the picture – and whether we had to recreate it all over again.
In fact, during 2020's chaotic Christmas, my friends and I got together to exchange gifts in an attempt to cheer us up. One of the girls gifted me a bag of goodies, which included a pink disposable camera with peaches stamped all over it. Additionally, she included a stunning frame that would be the home for whatever pics I took that night. I was that eight-year-old kid all over again. It was so fun just snapping candid pics of my friends and not thinking about if someone's eyes were closed or if my hair was out of place because it simply did not matter!
And I'm not the only one reminiscing about the times when things were much simpler, because when I heard about The Analogue Wonderbox, a monthly subscription that sends you multiple rolls of film, I just had to tell you about it.
Analogue Wonderland, which is the parent company, believes that film photography should be fun and accessible to everyone. They sell everything from film cameras and home developing kits to accessories, and most importantly, over 200 film brands. Seeing such a demand for film rolls, they launched The Wonderbox, their first-ever 35mm film subscription box.
Shipping every two months, subscribers will get:
- six film rolls
- extra goodies to use during your photoshoots
- tips, tricks, and community samples to help you learn how to get the best out of each roll
- the chance to enter the WonderBox rolling photo competition every month - with film-based prizes for winners
- exclusive invite to their Facebook group, where you can share your work and chat with other subscribers
You can sign up via their website for $62.
- The Analogue Wonderbox ships every two months.
- You will get six rolls with every box and you can even send them back so they develop them.
- You can also purchase cameras off their website if you want to get started.
- You can get the box for $62.
What do you think? Would you sign up for a subscription? Let us know in the comments.