We have the spoilers for the Trove December 2021 Box.
We are thrilled to bring Rothenburg’s famous Christmas Market to you for the holidays, a traditional festive German market. Learn how to make traditional Christmas market inspired dishes with our German Chef, a traditional German ornament, and enjoy yuletide treats like gingerbread and bratwurst sausages.
This month, the "vacation in a box" brings you to a Christmas Market in Rothenburg, Germany and you'll receive:
1. Live Cooking Experience
You'll gain access to a 90-minute Recorded video & LIVE online Cooking Experience on January 9th with Chef Anna Olsen, co-owner of Adventure Bavaria. You'll learn how to make the following three Rothenburg market-inspired recipes:
- Schupfnudeln (similar to potato gnocci, with sauerkraut and bacon)
- FeuerZanegBowle (German mulled wine), and
- Brat Apfel (a stuffed apple that can be eaten for dessert).
2. Special ingredients from Germany
Your box will contain the ingredients you'll use during your class with the chef, including:
- traditional sauerkraut,
- Alstertor Dusseldorf Style mustard, and
- original German Bockwurst
3. German Straw Christmas Ornament Kit
Your box includes the kit and recorded video tutorial to make a straw ornament, which you'd see at the markets in Rothenburg during the holiday season.
4. Hand-Selected Snacks and Gifts
Trove brings you a taste of Rothenburg with products that may include:
- amaretto liquor cake,
- gingerbread cookies,
- handmade candy,
- a pretzel kit,
- a beautiful wood ornament
- a handmade wood spoon.
What Else You Should Know
The Box: Trove
The Cost: $129.99 per quarter
The Products: Each subscription includes:
- 60-90 minute online Cooking Experience with a chef from the featured city, plus special ingredients from the region that you will cook with.
- 60-90 minute online Cultural Experience with a local expert, and core supplies you'll use in your cultural activity if needed.
- Snacks and other goodies that are sourced from the featured region.
- A special gift to help further your journey to the featured city.
- Private Facebook group to connect with other TROVE Travelers.
- 20% of all profits go to the featured artisan and chef. Thank you for supporting small businesses around the world!!
What do you think of the Trove December 2021 Box?