There’s a Subscription for That: Oysters
There’s a Subscription For That is a new series spotlighting subscriptions the team at My Subscription Addiction finds interesting and is excited to share with readers.
Is there any greater delicacy than enjoying freshly shucked oysters with a crisp glass of Champagne? Oysters have a subtle, delicate flavor that’s as refreshing as a cool ocean breeze, but the best oysters are usually served up in coastal regions not far from where they’re harvested. If you’re a landlocked seafood conoisseur, you might be dissatisfied with the selection of fresh bivalves available in your local area. Wish you could get the same fresh oysters as your coastal cousins? Well, there’s a subscription for that!
If you want fresh oysters delivered to your door, you actually have a couple of subscriptions to choose from. The first, Real Oyster Cult, was started by Rob Knecht and Sims McCormick, who own and run a family oyster farm in Duxbury, MA. Real Oyster Cult sends oysters from the family farm in Massachusetts, Canada, and Maine.
- The Cult Monthy Membership features a shipment of fresh oysters every month
- Oysters measure between 2.75″ and 3.25″
- 20 oysters per month costs $46.00, 40 per month costs $83.00, 60 per month costs $106.00
- Deliveries occur on Fridays
- Oysters are shipped via FedEx overnight delivery, and rates vary from $0 – $39.00
- Add a shucking knife to your order for $13.00
- Pause or cancel your subscription anytime
If west coast oysters are more to your liking, check out Hog Island Oyster Company. Hog Island oysters are grown in Tomales Bay, CA, and they’re certified sustainable. If you can’t make it out to California to enjoy the oysters in one of Hog Islands’ restaurants in San Francisco, Napa, and Marshall, you can have them shipped to your door.
- The Oyster Club features a shipment of fresh oysters every month
- Each shipment contains 36 oysters
- Memberships start at $80.00 per month
- You will be billed for the first month at the time of purchase and then billed on the 10th of each month until your subscription ends
- Your first shipment includes a shucking knife, gloves, and a tasting booket
- Oysters are sent ot via FedEx 2-Day Air, and shipping costs extra
Would you sign up for an oyster subscription? Let us know in the comments.