Piibu K-Beauty Subscription Review + Coupon – July 2018

This post may contain referral/affiliate links. If you buy something, MSA may earn a commission. Read the full disclosure.

closed Piibu package

Piibu Box is a subscription box for Korean face masks that sends 8-10 face masks each month.

open Piibu pakage

This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)

Piibu July 2018 review

About Piibu Box

The Subscription Box: Piibu Box

The Cost: $20 a month + free shipping. Save with 6 and 12-month subscription plans.

The Products: 8-10 Korean face masks

Ships to: U.S.

Piibu Box July 2018 Review

Bare Bears Hydrating Mask -

Bare Bears Hydrating Mask – Retail Value $2.00

Usually, in every box, there’s some kind of cute animal perched on the packaging – this month we have a polar pal as the gatekeeper of this hydrating mask! This one’s main ingredient is green tea, meant to hydrate the skin, and I gotta say – it made this mask smell fantastic! It was grassy and lightly floral, and I thought it had a nice amount of serum for me to rub into my neck and shoulders as I waited for the mask to do its thing. I definitely felt like my skin was more hydrated after using!

My Real Squeeze Mask in Pomegranate – Retail Value $1.80

I know that the Innisfree masks had a bit of a makeover and not everyone is a huge fan – it’s true, the masks are now a bit thinner, but I absolutely love that that they’re biodegradable, so I’m okay with the change. I’ve tried a number of the other kinds, but the pomegranate was nice; it had a pleasing fruity scent and even though I don’t think it’s one of pomegranate’s properties, I thought my skin looked brighter after using.

Skinfood Lemon Mask

Skinfood Lemon Mask – Retail Value $1.00

I’ve had a few Skinfood masks before and this continued the trend of enjoying them! Subscribers may notice this mask smells a bit like Pledge, but I don’t mind, because I love the smell of Pledge! I wish this was a bit fresher, a little more like the fresh-squeezed version, but I thought that the smell dissipated quickly and wasn’t overwhelmed by the smell. I didn’t notice a huge difference in my skin afterward, but I thought maybe it appeared a bit brighter after, maybe? As always, it was an enjoyable mask and I liked using it.

A’Pieu My Skin-Fit Mask in Lime – Retail Value $2.00

I always get excited when there’s a new ingredient that I haven’t encountered in a mask before, so opening this was a real treat! This mask smelled like a fancy mocktail; refreshingly citrusy from the lime but not too sweet. It was a thin mask, so I had to be careful that I didn’t rip it, and while I don’t think it moisturized my skin that much, my complexion seemed a little brighter after using, which is the exact effect this mask advertised, so I’ll call that a win!

A’Pieu Yogurt Mask -

A’Pieu Yogurt Mask – Retail Value $1.99

The packaging on this didn’t give me too many clues as to its ingredients, but after a solid Googling, it all made sense – yogurt is the main ingredient here! In my reading, I discovered that these come in different flavors, but I’m glad that for my first, I received the plain version so that I could best judge it at a yogurt baseline, if you will. This smelled slightly fruity, I’m guessing from the apricot extract that I read was a part of the ingredients. The goals of this mask are best observed over time, so I’m not sure that I can speak to the power of strengthening and firming, but I did feel like my skin was dewy immediately after using and into the next day.

Vita Genic Lifting Mask – Retail Value $3.00 (found here for $1.50)

The lifting masks are always interesting because their claim is a lofty one, and I imagine would need to be used regularly to see the real results. However, that’s not to say this mask didn’t deliver some benefits. It was nice and hydrating and I found the mask to b nice and hydrating, and while I can’t speak to the lifting aspect after just one use, it was soothing and felt nice on my face.

Kina Cosmetics Acai Mask – Retail Value $3.00

I was very attracted to the bright, juicy packaging of this mask, and was so hoping it would smell like a fresh berry smoothie! I was disappointed in the nose department – although pleasing, the very faint, clean smell was not was I was hoping for. Not all was lost, though! This was jam-packed full of serum, which I massaged into my neck, and I felt revitalized after this. It was refreshing and my skin looked so much better after using it.

Verdict: It wasn’t necessarily a proclaimed theme, I felt like this bunch was super-summery, and I was really pleased with this month’s Piibu Box! I really liked the lime mask, the lemon rounded out the citrus family very nicely, and the yogurt one was a nice change. Even though not all the superfruit ones smelled like the berry smoothie I’ve been craving, but they still delivered pretty strong performances! I felt like this batch really left me dewy and made me feel as though I was a bit more hydrated than usual when I feel like I’m drying out in the sun. Unfortunately, this month’s total value falls short. For $20.00 including free shipping, I received $14.79 worth of masks. However, I do feel that convenience is a factor in the subscription, as well as curation, bringing things to my door that I am not likely to find on my own, so that makes me feel better about the lower valuation this month. I would love it if Piibu sent even just one more mask a month, though!

To Wrap Up:

Can you still get this box if you sign up today? Boxes are currently sold out. From Piibu Box:

Every month, the last day to subscribe changes. Usually, it’s around the 20th through the 22nd of each month. Therefore, we ship around the 21st through the 23rd of each month.

Coupon – Use code MSA10OFF to 10% off your first box!

Value Breakdown: This box cost me $20.00 + free shipping, which means that each of the 7 items in the box has an average cost of $2.86.

Check out all of our Piibu reviews and the Beauty Subscription Box Directory!

Keep Track of Your Subscriptions: Add this box to your subscription list or wishlist!

How do you feel about Piibu Box?

How do subscribers rate Piibu Box?

1 subscriber rated this subscription
out of 5 stars
Customer service
Retail value
Quality of products
Ease of canceling

Do you subscribe to Piibu Box? Add your rating now!

Written by Laine Wooliscroft

Laine Wooliscroft

Laine is a life-long movie nut who loves YA novels, wine, and her cat. Her subscription journey started in 2014 with Birchbox and ipsy, and now her favorite boxes contain bath bombs, food, and items relating to her most-beloved fandoms.

Posted in Beauty Subscription Boxes, K-Beauty Subscription Boxes, Piibu Reviews, Subscription Box Reviews, Subscription Boxes for Women| Tags: piibu | 5 comments


  1. How many sheet masks do you get in this subscription? I’m looking for a subscription that is not only good but is worth the money. Any help will be appreciated 😁

  2. I feel like I got shorted one box with my 6-month subscription that I’m positive was supposed to end with the July box. I’m a geek when it comes to my boxes, and I have a spreadsheet for all of my boxes which includes for which months I get boxes. I purchased a 6-month sub toward the end of January, and their website, plus the confirmation email I got, said my 1st box would be February, thus making July my last box. When I didn’t get the July box I contacted Piibu, but they said their records showed that they sent the January box late in the month, and apologized for the mis-print (or whatever word they used) in my confirmation email (which I forwarded to them as proof). I didn’t reply because I thought there could be a modicum (like <5%) of a chance they could be right, and *maybe* I did get the January box. I didn't want to argue since I'm only like 95% sure I didn't get January's box (I looked at January's review and the masks didn't look familiar), but since I was subbed to so many sheet mask boxes at the time I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt… even though I'm soooo sure I'm right. Okay, thanks for letting me vent. 🙂

    • You take your subscriptions seriously! I like it! 🙂

      • Heck yes! Haha! 😀 Plus, I just love creating me pretty spreadsheets 😉

        • You never cease to amaze me, I mean that in the best way possible. Thank you for everything you contribute, I love it all.

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Remember to post with kindness and respect. Comments with offensive language, cruelness to others, etc will not be approved. See our full comment policy here.

Please do not enter your email address in the Name field or in the comment content!