Watch Gang Black Subscription Box Review – July 2018
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September’s review of the Original option that’s $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
July 2018 Watch Gang Black Review
There are multiple options for each tier and what you get is a mystery each month. This month, I received a classy looking watch from Blackwell!
Blackwell Watch – Retail Value $355
The watch I received feels like a timeless design from Maxwell Watches.
The housing and strap is made of polished stainless steel, while the watch face is simple and modern looking – I love it!
The housing depth is pretty minimal as well – I’ve never been a fan of the large, almost oversized, looking watches – so this was perfect for me.
For my wrist, the watch dimensions just felt right!
It has automatic motion – so no batteries required – and is water resistant up to 100 meters. It certainly has a bit of weight to it – but you should expect that with the automatic movement and stainless steel housing and strap.
Speaking of the strap, it has an adjustable clasp. Youll be able to unlock this and slide on end up and down the strap until you find your perfect fit.
Like all of the watches from this subscription, it’ll come with whatever little extras are packaged with it – and normally, that includes a warranty/guarantee card.
Verdict: I had gone a few months without a Watch Gang shipment – and I really missed reviewing it, so I was happy to see it come again! This watch is perfect for me. From the style to the size, it’s almost like it was made to be worn by me – I couldn’t be happier this month!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No – they’re shipping out August boxes at the moment – but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you’ll get the same watch as I do.
From their FAQ:
If you signup between the 1st and the 10th, you will receive that month’s watch and your membership will renew on the 30th. If you signup after the 10th, you will receive the following month’s watch. Our cut-off time for our monthly shipment is 4 PM PST on the 10th of each month. Your renewal will begin the following month on the 30th.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of my watch from the July 2018 Watch Gang?
How do subscribers rate Watch Gang?
get email alerts
add to list
Never miss a post: get email alerts about Watch Gang!
Enable notifications () to get the latest Watch Gang spoilers, reviews, deals, and news delivered to your inbox.