Watch Gang Black Subscription Box Review – March 2018
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September’s review of the Original option that’s $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
March 2018 Watch Gang Black Review
There are multiple options for each tier and what you get is a mystery each month. This month, I received a multi-band watch from William Gregor.
It now arrives with an information card that allows you to view all of the possible watches for your tier.
William Gregor BWG30090-208 Automatic watch – Value $387 on Amazon
This month’s watch came with two watchband options and a classy watch face.
It has a solid stainless steel body with a pretty streamlined watch face.
The depth of the case is nice and thin – which I prefer – it felt like a perfect size for my wrist.
The watch is water resistant up to 100 meters and feature automatic movement – so no battery required here.
The first band option is a stainless steel braided chain.
The band easily pops off to try the second band.
The other strap has a little classic leather look to it. I prefer the stainless steel look, but I also like that it comes with options.
Verdict: This was another win from Watch Gang this month – and it’s especially cool that it came with multiple straps! It’s more of a streamlined and classic look this month, which I don’t always like, but now that I have a little arsenal of watches – I can save this for the perfect occasion!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No – they’re shipping out April boxes at the moment – but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you’ll get the same watch as I do.
From their FAQ:
If you signup between the 1st and the 10th, you will receive that month’s watch and your membership will renew on the 30th. If you signup after the 10th, you will receive the following month’s watch. Our cut-off time for our monthly shipment is 4 PM PST on the 10th of each month. Your renewal will begin the following month on the 30th.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?