Watch Gang Black Subscription Box Review – February 2018
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September’s review of the Original option that’s $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
February 2018 Watch Gang Black Review
The January 2018 Black tier shipment featured a beautiful watch fromTUW Ruhla.
They now have information card for your specific tier! You’ll be able to look up specific details about the watches in your tier.
Here’s a look at the possible watches for February’s Black tier:
I love this new bit of the subscription!
It also arrived with a coupon code for Trendy Butler.
TUW Ruhla Thuringia – Value $255 on Amazon
The past few watches from Watch Gang have been so fantastic – across a number of different styles – that I assumed I was due for a dud. Instead, this might be my favorite, yet!
The watch face so simple and clean – with a nice little color stripe. It feels super classy.
This German watch has sapphire crystal glass with automatic movement and is water resistant up to 100 meters.
Everything feels and looks sleek and streamlined – with a stainless steel all over.
Verdict: I’m shocked at how great my past few months of watches have been – and this month is the cherry on top! This instantly became my go-to watch as soon as I popped it on my wrist. This subscription has been a blast for me as someone who loves trying new watches – if you’re the same, this could be a great subscription for you.
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No – they’re shipping out March boxes at the moment – but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you’ll get the same watch as I do.
From their FAQ:
If you signup between the 1st and the 10th, you will receive that month’s watch and your membership will renew on the 30th. If you signup after the 10th, you will receive the following month’s watch. Our cut-off time for our monthly shipment is 4 PM PST on the 10th of each month. Your renewal will begin the following month on the 30th.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?