Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September's review of the Original option that's $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club - $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black - $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum - $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 - $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the "watch enthusiast" looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
November 2017 Watch Gang Black Review
This was my second November watch from Watch Gang - the first watch received had a misprint on the subdial, so they have been sending replacements for that Time Force watch - and it's why this review is a little later than normal - but I loved the ease in which they sent out the replacement.
Fortuna Watch - Value $250 on Amazon
The November watch that I received turned out to be my favorite watch this year!
This is a battery operated Fortuna watch from Germany.
It arrives with the service card and manual intact if you need help.
I immediately fell for the look of the watch face. That classic font and look made it feel like something Nathan Drake would wear in my mind. I just love everything about it.
I also loved the band - not only for the linked look but for the ease in which you can adjust the clasp to fit your wrist diameter. There's no need to remove links or anything like that, it adjusts with a clasp in about 30 seconds.
It is battery powered, though - so you'.l have to replace the battery down the line.
It keeps a lower profile on your wrist as well. Some watches I try out have issues with being too big to slip comfortably under my long sleeves without intervention - this one doesn't suffer from that, and that's a big deal to me.
Verdict: This was my favorite watch from Watch Gang so far - I'm wearing it now and loving it! I've really grown to love this subscription and look forward to it on a monthly basis - as someone who loves trying new watches, and maybe cycling through them too fast, this is really an ideal subscription for me!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No - they're shipping out December boxes at the moment - but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you'll get the same watch as I do.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?