Birchbox Man $10 Box Review – October 2017
Birchbox Man is a monthly grooming and lifestyle subscription box for men. Recently, they’ve added a cheaper $10 subscription option for men that excludes the lifestyle item.
All previous reviews are of the lifestyle option subscription – now called Birchbox Man Plus.
This box was sent for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Subscription Box: Birchbox Man ($10 option)
The Cost: $10 a month
- Use coupon code WASHITOFF to get a free face moisturizer, face scrub, and face wash sample trio with a monthly subscription.
- Use coupon code WARMUP to get a free Alternative Apparel oversized chocolate beanie with a 6-month subscription.
The Products: Men’s grooming and lifestyle products.
Ships to: US only
Check out all of my Birchbox Man reviews to get more information on this subscription. Check out all of our Men’s Lifestyle Subscription Boxes in the Subscription Box List. Rate, review, and follow this subscription on the Birchbox Man profile page.
This was the first time I’ve received the $10 option – and it included a majority of the same items from the Birchbox Man Plus box.
It includes the same style card that you’re used to.
I won’t bore you with the same commentary on the crossover item – you can read all about them on the Birchbox Man Plus review.
But, here’s a value break down of those crossover items:
- Anthony Facial Scrub – Value $4.50 – based on full-size price
- Brickell Men’s Products Charcoal Face Wash – Value $3.12 based on full-size price
- Marlowe No. 123 Men’s Facial Moisturizer – Value $.75 based on full-size price
- Jack Black All Over Wipes – Value $1 based on 30-pack
Kiehl’s Ultimate Body Scrub Soap – Value $7 (based on $15 full-size bar)
This was a brand new item in my $10 box this month – and it’s a great one!
This is an exfoliating bar of soap to help get rid of dead skin – it smells really good and has the perfect texture to keep exfoliating with extended use.
Verdict: All added up, you’re getting $16-17 of value for the $10 version of Birchbox Man. That’s a good value, and a good option if you’re simply looking for product discovery without the need of the lifestyle item. For me, I like the product discovery, but the lifestyle item was always my favorite part of this subscription – so I’ll probably be sticking with the Birchbox Man Plus box, but it’s always nice to have options!
What do you think of the new lower cost option of the October 2017 Birchbox Man subscription?