Tasting Room by Lot 18 – Wine Subscription Review
A few days ago I posted about how the Tasting Room by Lot 18 expanded the states that they ship to for their wine subscriptions. I was SO excited about their expansion because Pennsylvania was on the list! I think I signed up for this subscription within minutes of announcing the new state list!
A little background on how the Tasting Room works:
1) You sign up and get a Tasting Box (what I’m reviewing). It costs $9.95 with free shipping.
2) You receive 6 mini wine bottles to taste and give feedback on. (FYI this box ships UPS and you must sign for it).
3) You rate the wines on their site, and they customize wine selections for you.
4) In a few weeks they ship you a case of 12 wines (6 different types of 2 bottles each) based on your wine profile. This first case is $84.99 with free shipping – $7.08 a bottle. (This pricing is a 50% off discount from the standard rate).
5) In 3 months your next case ships at the standard rate of $149.99 plus $19.99 shipping. ($14.16 a bottle).
6) You can always cancel whenever – just email or call.
Now onto the adorable mini wine bottles!
I was pleasantly surprised to see that these bottles were glass!
On the left are two whites, and four reds on the right.
Next up, trying the wine! My husband and I are definitely not wine experts by any means – I just know that I like a light and sweet white wine. Fortunately the tasting process wasn’t intimidating or complicated at all.
All you have to do is try the wines and then log in to your account at the Tasting Room and let them know which wine you preferred. Here’s a screen shot:
Then they let you know what your “wineprint” is – I’m Devil-May-Care when it comes to white wine!
The profile matches my personal wine preferences – I’m impressed! Now I just have to wait for my first shipment to arrive!
Verdict: So far I really like the Tasting Room by Lot 18. It was fun to sample the different wines, and the website was super easy to use. I think getting 12 bottles of wine delivered to my door for only $7 a bottle is a fantastic deal, and honestly probably still a good deal at the normal price of $14.
Have you tried the Tasting Room by Lot 18 yet? What did you think of your “wineprint” ?