18 Unique Subscription Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything
One of our favorite things about gifting subscription boxes is that you can give curated “gift box” without doing all the shopping and assembly yourself! This holiday season, there are a few standout boxes that we think would be great gifts for the people on your list who are so hard to buy for. These are boxes that provide exclusive products and experiences that are always well curated, and/or offer lots of flexibility for the recipient (to make sure they aren’t getting something they already own). Read on to see our recommendations, and cross off those question marks on your gift list!
1. Breo Box: For gadget-loving trend setters
Cost: $159 per quarterly box. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Breo Box boasts curated products that can “enhance your daily life.” And they can back it up! This box is always full of surprises—high-quality, exciting and well-designed products that always feel modern and cool. While some items might seem ordinary, like scented candles and luxurious bath products, you’ll also get cool cutting-edge surprises like speakers, Amazon tech, and other brag-worthy goodies. Check out all of our Breo Box reviews to learn more.
Gift It: Give Breo Box as a gift here!
2. Watch Gang: For stylish guys who are always on time
Cost: Plans start at $49.99 per month + $9.82 US shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: One new watch per month (quarterly subscription also available), based on a style quiz that’s taken during the sign-up process. One member also wins a Rolex or TAG Heuer every week! Watch Gang does not accept returns, but they do encourage partaking in one of their buy/sell/trade groups to find a watch you love.
3. Vinyl Moon: For audiophiles & record collectors
Cost: $26/monthly + shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Unlike other vinyl clubs, Vinyl Moon is the ONLY mixtape-style Record of the Month Club. That means every LP is exclusive and features a variety of bands, so it’s a perfect gift for the vinyl collector in your life (especially if you’re not sure what’s already in their collection). Top notch artwork and colorful pressings help make it especially gift-worthy. Check out our Vinyl Moon reviews to learn more.
4. CAUSEBOX: For trendy essentials that do good & feel good
Cost: $54.95/quarter + free shipping to contiguous US. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: CAUSEBOX is a quarterly subscription box that features brands and items dedicated to doing good all over the world. Many featured brands donate a portion of proceeds to charities and/or may employ local artisans, use ethically-sourced goods, etc. It’s got a great message, quality goods, and appeals to almost everyone– what’s not to love? Check out our CAUSEBOX Reviews to learn more.
Gift It: Gift a Causebox subscription here! Note: you can’t buy a gift subscription to Causebox, so they recommend shipping the box to the gift recipient and pausing or canceling when you want the subscription to stop renewing.
5. Bokksu: For unique Japanese treats & tea that will delight their tastebuds
Cost: $26.99/month for the Tasting Box, $39.99/month for the Classic Box + free worldwide shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: The Classic Box features 20-25 artisanal Japanese snacks, a tea pairing that complement’s that month’s flavors, and a Tasting Guide that explains each item’s story. The Tasting Box features 10-14 snacks per box, a tea pairing, and a Tasting Guide. Read all our Bokksu reviews here.
6. Bespoke Post: For the design-minded guy or gal
Cost: $45 + shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Bespoke Post is known for their well-designed boxes that focus on high-quality products around a specific theme. They release a new set of themed boxes each month, and when you buy a gift, the recipient has the option to choose which box they want to receive. That means you can ensure they’re getting something they want, but it’s a more personal process than just giving a gift card. Although intended for men (many boxes do include masculine accessories and personal care items or men’s apparel), some of the boxes are unisex and make great gifts for women, too—like those oriented around food or home products. Check out all of our Bespoke Post reviews to learn more.
7. PupBox: For the pal who’s a new pup parent
- Cost: $39 per month on a month-to-month plan. Save with longer subscriptions. Shipping is free for all plans. Sign up here.What They’ll Get: Each month subscribers receive a box filled with 5-7 full sized products that are customized based on the age and size of your pup. PupBox also includes a training and development guide to let you know what is going on with your baby, and what you should be doing to keep up.
Gift It: PupBox offers both gift subscriptions and gift cards. For gift subscriptions, you’ll need to know all the information about the gift recipient’s puppy to enter in during sign-up. Click here to purchase!
8. Quirky Crate: For colorful & fun-loving besties
Cost: $36.95/month + $6.50 US shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get:While it skews a bit young (or at least young-at-heart), we can definitely say that Quirky Crate is a unique gift idea and is sure to be full of fun items that your giftee won’t already own. We love the patterned socks, exclusive enamel pins, and bright accessories– and this is one subscription that always puts a smile on our face. Check out our Quirky Crate reviews to learn more.
Gift It: Send a Quirky Crate gift right here!
9. Darn Good: Subscriptions for all types of crafters
Cost: $10/month + shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Darn Good offers four different monthly boxes: Yarn, Beads, Fabric, and Socks. Along with a sampling of materials specific to its theme, each Darn Good box includes a pattern or instructions, as well as other small pieces you might need to complete one project. This is the perfect gift for the crafter in your life! Read all our Darn Good bead reviews here & our Darn Good yarn reviews here!
Gift It: Grab a Darn Good e-Gift Card here!
10. Le Tote: For the gift of never wearing the same thing twice
Cost: $79/month + free shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Le Tote is the easiest way to help your loved one upgrade their closet for the new year! Le Tote lets you rent out a capsule wardrobe of high-quality pieces each month that you can swap out for new pieces or choose to keep and buy for yourself at a discount. Le Tote is perfect for people who love style but don’t have the closet space, or folks who are looking for a more sustainable way to explore the fashion world. They also have a maternity option! Check out our Le Tote reviews!
Gift It: Pick up a Le Tote gift card here!
11. The Nick Box: For the kid at heart
- Cost: $49.99/quarterly + shipping. Sign up here.
- What They’ll Get: For kids who grew up in and around the 90s, there are few things as iconic (or awesome) as Nickelodeon cartoons and shows. The Nick Box brings all of these TV favorites back to life in exclusive, delightfully clever, licensed designs that will drive any pop-culture collector wild. Every time a Nick Box arrives, the whole MSA team ooh and aahs over what’s inside! Read all of our reviews of The Nick Box to learn more.
- Gift It: Send a Nick Box gift subscription here!
12. The Detox Box: For those who love new beauty secrets
- Cost: $55/monthly + free shipping. Sign up here.
- What They’ll Get: Shopping for a beauty lover? You know we at MSA love a good beauty box, and the natural angle of this box by The Detox Market sets it apart from the crowd. The products are as high-quality and chic as mainstream ones, but these harder-to-find potions will have any recipient feeling like an insider. Each month you’ll get a box featuring one or more green beauty products from The Detox Market’s brand of the month at a value of at least $90. Check out all of our Detox Box reviews to learn more.
- Gift It: Gift a Detox Box subscription here!
13. Boxwalla Film & Book Subscriptions: For the curious culture vulture
- Cost: $29.95/bimonthly for book, $49.95/bimonthly for film + free US shipping. Sign up here.
- What They’ll Get: Unless your recipient is already an art-house cinema buff, Boxwalla Film is an awesome introduction to classic film and film history. It’s definitely a good pick for arts-and-culture-leaning friends who are looking to expand their horizons further. Boxwalla Book ($29.95/bimonthly) always surprises us with unsung authors and unique, international perspectives. Boxwalla is one of the most thoughtfully crafted media subscription boxes we review—from the crisp, eco-friendly packaging design to the works they include. Check out all of our Boxwalla Reviews to learn more.
- Gift It: Send a Boxwalla gift here!
If you enjoyed this list, check out our Best Subscription Box Gifts for even more subscription gifts!
14. Postmark’d Studio Postbox: For long distance friends who love getting mail
Cost: $25/month + shipping. Save with longer subscriptions! Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Four greeting cards with envelopes + US postage for sending them, and a fun stationery item. Sometimes bonus gifts are included! Read all our Postmark’d Studio Postbox reviews here.
Gift It: Choose from 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month gift subscriptions. Click here to buy a gift subscription!
15. StitchFix: For the gift style, customized exactly to their wants and needs
Cost: $20 styling fee/fix + free shipping and returns. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: A new year calls for a new wardrobe! Help refresh someone’s closet for 2020 with a Stitch Fix membership. Stitch Fix connects members with a stylist who chooses 5 clothing and accessory items for their client to try in the comfort of their home—think separates, dresses, workwear, denim, shoes, special occasion styles, and more. Members can keep what they like and return what they don’t for free. It’s just $20 to get a box, and that price goes towards anything they might choose to keep. Best of all, Stitch Fix is set up to serve straight-size, petite, and plus-size customers! (And men & kids, too!) Check out our Stitch Fix reviews!
16. Switch: For designer jewelry rental– without the designer price tag
Cost: $29/month + free shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: If you’re shopping for someone with designer tastes, we recommend a membership to Switch! This jewelry rental service specializes in high-end designers like Chanel, Christian Dior, Gucci, Hermes, and more. These looks go for around $500 retail, but Switch lets you rent pieces for as little as $29.00 per month! Members can choose to keep the pieces they like for reduced prices, or swap what they have for something new whenever they’d like. Check out our Switch reviews.
17. The Farmer’s Dog: A unique gift idea for good dogs & doting dog owners
Cost: Price varies per dog + free US shipping. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Fresh dog food deliveries! This company uses human-grade USDA ingredients and personalize your plan according to your dog’s profile. Plans start at $2/day and include free shipping, but your price will depend on your dog’s size, age, activity level, and more.
18. Quip: For the person who loves a practical, well-designed gift.
Cost: Starter Set plans start at $25 for a single plastic handle toothbrush with a $10 refill fee every 3 months. Other plans include the Electric Couple Set (starting at $50 with $20 refills every 3 months) and the Electric Family Set (starting at $125 with $40 refills every 3 months). Refills ship free. Sign up here.
What They’ll Get: Electric toothbrushes (with your choice of plastic or metal handles), toothpaste, and replacement brush heads that help establish good brushing habits and routines without gimmicks. There is also an option for kids’ toothbrushes, which have smaller brush heads and the choice of four fun colors!
Gift It: Quip doesn’t offer gift certificates or gift subscriptions, but you can purchase a prepaid subscription and ship it directly to the gift recipient. Just choose the “This is a gift” option during checkout. Click here to sign up.
Read all our Quip reviews here.