There's a Subscription For That is a series spotlighting subscriptions the team at My Subscription Addiction finds interesting and is excited to share with readers.
If there's one thing I believe in, it's this: food is medicine. Of course, certain conditions require professional medical care — I'm not anti-western medicine — but that doesn't mean food can't play a part in managing a condition or illness. This is particularly true if you're struggling with an inflammatory condition, such as endometriosis or interstitial cystitis (I have both).
It's also important to build a healthy relationship with food at a young age. I learned this when my little sister was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes; she was only five years old. At the time, my sister was scared, confused, and more importantly, frustrated by the fact that she was "different" and couldn't eat or drink what the other kids at school were eating and drinking — adding insulin shots and a weakened immune system to the mix only made matters worse.
Had there been some kind of monthly subscription box or company that specialized in getting newly-diagnosed children to understand what it means to have diabetes, she may have had an easier time adjusting to the new, sugar-free lifestyle. So, when I heard about Teatis, a diabetes-friendly snack and meal replacement subscription service, I just had to spread the word.
Teatis, described as a "tasty habit for people with diabetes," is a nutrition brand dedicated to helping people with diabetes find low-sugar, plant-based snack and meal replacement options that are healthy and delicious. In November, Teatis launched its first-ever subscription service, the Teatis Meal Box — which is packed with a curated selection of good-for-you, diabetes-friendly snacks and meal replacements.
The first Teatis Meal Box is now available and includes:
- two bottles of Koia, a keto-friendly, plant-based smoothie (flavors include Chocolate Brownie and Caramel Crème)
- four varieties of Magic Spoon cereal
- one keto-friendly, no-sugar snack bar from Keto Bar
- Yishi's Taro Bubble Tea oatmeal
- dark chocolate, keto-friendly cereal from Catalina Crunch
Those who are interested in "trying out" the box can sign up for a trial purchase via the Teatis website for $20; it includes 12 meal replacements.
- Teatis offers monthly or quarterly subscription options.
- Consumers can order seven to 30 meal replacements per month.
- Each snack or meal replacement option is hand-selected and RD-approved.
- Snack and meal replacement options rotate on a regular basis, so each box is different from the last.
- Teatis offers a "diet quiz" to help personalize each box to fit the subscriber's needs.
- Those who want to "try out" the box can sign up for a trial purchase via the Teatis website for $20; it includes 12 meal replacements.
What do you think? Would you sign up for a subscription? Let us know in the comments.