There’s a Subscription for That: Microgreens
There’s a Subscription For That is a new series spotlighting subscriptions the team at My Subscription Addiction finds interesting and is excited to share with readers.
Food is supposed to nourish us, but sometimes our fast and crazy lives require meals in a snap, and quick meals aren’t always the healthiest. Drive-thru grub, processed meals, and pretty much anything sealed in one of those crinkly chip bags is likely to fall short on delivering the essential nutrients our bodies need to keep on doing their best. Tossing a few extra home-cooked meals into the weekly routine is a great way to boost vitamins and minerals, but if you really want to get serious about packing some of that healthy good stuff into your diet, you might want to consider incorporating microgreens. And if you’d like to grow your own microgreens on the windowsill in your kitchen? There’s a subscription for that.
Hamama makes growing microgreens at home easy. They can provide you with a starter kit that includes everything you need to get started, and their innovative process makes the whole thing foolproof, even for those with a big black gardening thumb. Seeds are embedded into seed quilts, so there’s no need for soil. Simply soak your seed quilt in water, set your tray on the counter, and you’ll have delicious microgreens that are ready to harvest in 7-10 days. Microgreens will grow in low light, and they require no hands-on care.
Hamama offers a wide selection of different seed quilts to choose from, and when you sign up for a subscription it’s easy to change up your seed deliveries to keep things interesting. Choose broccoli, cabbage, and mustard greens one month, and wheatgrass, fenugreek, and radish the next. All of Hamama’s seeds are non-GMO, and most of the seed quilts are organic. Lots of veggies are packed full of nutrition when they’re only a week or so old, and they’ll add color, visual interest, flavor, and a nutritional kick to all kinds of different home cooked meals. Ready to boost your nutrition intake and take your cooking to the next level?
- A “Microgreen Starter Kit” includes a growing tray, instructions, and 3 seed quilts.
- Place a one-time order for the starter kit for $49 OR sign up for a subscription.
- With a subscription, you’ll receive the starter kit for $35. Each month thereafter, you’ll receive a shipment of 3 new seed quilts for $17 per month.
- Add a stylish bamboo frame for your growing tray for an additional $34.
- Choose from a wide selection of seed quilts including Hearty Broccoli, Energizing Kale, Spicy Daikon Radish, Earthy Clover, Spicy Wasabi Mustard, and more.
- Most seeds quilts are organic and all are non-GMO.
- The growing tray measures 12.5″ x 6.5″ x 2″.
- Plastic starter kits and seed quilts ship for free.
- Ships to the U.S.
What do you think of Hamama? Would you sign up for a subscription? Let us know in the comments.