There’s a Subscription for That: NFL Wine
There’s a Subscription For That is a new series spotlighting subscriptions the team at My Subscription Addiction finds interesting and is excited to share with readers.
Tell us if the following four words have ever gone together in the same sentence before: NFL team wine club?! Not only does the Tennessee Titans NFL team have a wine club, but as you’ve probably guessed by the name of this column, yes, there IS a subscription for that.
The Foolish Club is a brand-new wine subscription available from the Nashville-based team. It gets its name from a nickname for the original eight owners of teams in the American Football Conference (AFL) — the conference in which the Titans play. Among those eight owners was Bud Adams, owner of the former Houston Oilers, the team that was moved to Memphis and then later to its current home in the Tennessee capital.
So what does all that have to do with wine?! That remains something of a mystery, but the Titans’ Controlling Owner Amy Adams Strunk paid tribute to her dad Bud in announcing the new subscription box, noting “The Foolish Club is such an integral part of our team’s history, and with the launch of this wine club, it’s now a part of our present. We hope our fans will love these wines and each of the stories they tell, and can’t thank Fairwinds Estate Winery enough for helping us bring this concept to life.”
In addition to receiving wines every six months courtesy of The Foolish Club membership, subscribers will also get a chance to purchase Fairwinds Estate wines for 15% off in private member store, and if they happen to be in the Calistoga, California area, subscribers also score free tastings at the winery itself.
Each 6-bottle shipment is $290 to $450 plus tax and shipping, depending on the wines you choose. A percentage will be donated to the Titans Foundation, a non-profit arm of the NFL team.
- The Foolish Club subscribers will get six premium Napa Valley wine bottles every six months with shipments in September and February.
- Each subscription box comes packed in a fire-branded Tennessee Titans wooden crate.
- Wines are allocated based on sign-up date.
- A $50 one-time, non-refundable deposit will be processed to secure your September 2021 allocation. This deposit will be deducted from your September 2021 club shipment cost.
- The first shipment will head out the doors this September — the same month the 2021 NFL season kicks off.
- Subscribers must be 21 or older.
What do you think of The Foolish Club? Would you sign up for an NFL team’s wine subscription? Let us know in the comments!