Unique Subscription Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything
Updated for 2018!
One of our favorite things about gifting subscription boxes is that you can give curated “gift box” without doing all the shopping and assembly yourself! This holiday season, there are a few standout boxes that we think would be great gifts for the people on your list who are so hard to buy for. These are boxes that provide exclusive products and experiences that are always well curated, and/or offer lots of flexibility for the recipient (to make sure they aren’t getting something they already own). Read on to see our recommendations, and cross off those question marks on your gift list!
Vinyl Moon: For Audiophiles & Record Collectors
Unlike other vinyl clubs, Vinyl Moon is the ONLY mixtape-style Record of the Month Club. That means every LP is exclusive and features a variety of bands, so it’s a perfect gift for the vinyl collector in your life (especially if you’re not sure what’s already in their collection). Top notch artwork and colorful pressings help make it especially gift-worthy. $30 per month with free US shipping. Check out our Vinyl Moon reviews to learn more.
Breo Box: For gadget-loving trend setters
Breo Box boasts curated products that can “enhance your daily life.” And they can back it up! This box is always full of surprises—high-quality, exciting and well-designed products that always feel modern and cool. While some items might seem ordinary, like scented candles and luxurious bath products, you’ll also get cool cutting-edge surprises like speakers, Amazon tech, and other brag-worthy goodies. $159 per quarter. Use coupon code MSA15 to save $15 off your first box! Check out all of our Breo Box reviews to learn more.
CAUSEBOX: For trendy essentials that do good & feel good
CAUSEBOX is a quarterly subscription box that features brands and items dedicated to doing good all over the world. Many featured brands donate a portion of proceeds to charities and/or may employ local artisans, use ethically-sourced goods, etc. It’s got a great message, quality goods, and appeals to almost everyone– what’s not to love? $54.95 on a quarterly basis, or $49.95 per box with an annual subscription. Save $10 off your first box! with coupon code 10WELCOME. Check out our CAUSEBOX Reviews to learn more.
Quirky Crate: For colorful & fun-loving besties
While it skews a bit young (or at least young-at-heart), we can definitely say that Quirky Crate is a unique gift idea and is sure to be full of fun items that your giftee won’t already own. We love the patterned socks, exclusive enamel pins, and bright accessories– and this is one subscription that always puts a smile on our face. $34.99 per month plus shipping. Check out our Quirky Crate reviews to learn more.
Bespoke Post: For the design-minded guy or gal
Bespoke Post is known for their well-designed boxes that focus on high-quality products around a specific theme. They release a new set of themed boxes each month, and when you buy a gift, the recipient has the option to choose which box they want to receive. That means you can ensure they’re getting something they want, but it’s a more personal process than just giving a gift card. Although intended for men (many boxes do include masculine accessories and personal care items or men’s apparel), some of the boxes are unisex and make great gifts for women, too—like those oriented around food or home products. $45 per month. Save 25% off your first box with coupon code ADDICT25. Check out all of our Bespoke Post reviews to learn more.
- Buy A Gift Subscription or Sign Up Here
The Nick Box: For the kid at heart
For kids who grew up in and around the 90s, there are few things as iconic (or awesome) as Nickelodeon cartoons and shows. The Nick Box brings all of these TV favorites back to life in exclusive, delightfully clever, licensed designs that will drive any pop-culture collector wild. Every time a Nick Box arrives, the whole MSA team ooh and aahs over what’s inside! $49.99 + $7.00 shipping/handling per quarter. Read all of our reviews of The Nick Box to learn more.
The Detox Box: For those who love new beauty secrets
- Shopping for a beauty lover? You know we at MSA love a good beauty box, and the natural angle of this box by The Detox Market sets it apart from the crowd. The products are as high-quality and chic as mainstream ones, but these harder-to-find potions will have any recipient feeling like an insider. Each month you’ll get a box featuring one or more green beauty products from The Detox Market’s brand of the month at a value of at least $90 with complimentary shipping. $49.95 a box ($39.95 a box with a 6-month subscription.)
- Buy A Gift Subscription or Sign Up Here
Robb Vices: For the most interesting man in the world
- Robb Vices, which was created by the publishers of luxury lifestyle magazine, Robb Report, focuses on conveying “authenticity and intrigue” in each box. Expect a mix of alcohol, food, and corresponding products like glassware, gadgets, and more. Each cohesive collection of products creates a unique experience that you can indulge in on your own, or in the company of friends. Think out-of-the-ordinary cocktails and foods, high-quality home goods, sleek accessories, and more. Robb Vices always includes plenty of background information about their items, too, so that you can get a sense of each item’s significance and how best to enjoy them. $99.95 + shipping (less with longer subscriptions). Check out all of our Robb Vices reviews to learn more.
Boxwalla: For the curious culture vulture
- Unless your recipient is already an art-house cinema buff, Boxwalla Film is an awesome introduction to classic film and film history. It’s definitely a good pick for arts-and-culture-leaning friends who are looking to expand their horizons further. Boxwalla Book always surprises us with unsung authors and unique, international perspectives. Boxwalla is one of the most thoughtfully crafted media subscription boxes we review—from the crisp, eco-friendly packaging design to the works they include. For the book box, $29.95 every other month. For the film box, $49.95 every other month. Free shipping to the US. Check out all of our Boxwalla Reviews to learn more.
If you enjoyed this list, check out our Best Subscription Box Gifts for even more subscription gifts!