My Watch Gang Review
Build your watch collection based on your lifestyle
- Watch Gang curates watch selections based on your lifestyle preferences
- You get to keep the watches — not true of all other watch subscriptions
- Watch Gang offers multiple pricing tiers and lets subscribers select their delivery frequency
- Watch Gang guarantees the watches are valued at more than what you pay
- Subscription expands understanding of style and brand options
- No returns or refunds if you don’t like the watch
- Specific sizing isn’t offered — regardless of wrist size
- Each delivery is a mystery
I’ve always been an avid watch wearer and watch lover, but my collection is far from extensive. While I love ogling new watches and learning about new brands, I’m not great at buying them. And when I do, I usually play within the “value” tier, which is why Watch Gang really intrigues me.
The Los Angeles-based company founded by Matthew Gallagher provides a service allowing me to defer to watch experts making selections based on my preferences and use needs. And all at a cost, according to their claims, that’s equal or lesser to each watch’s worth.
Should I try my first-ever subscription service watch club? Let’s look at previous reviews and do a bit more research first.
Watch Gang Brand Overview
- Watch Gang is a wristwatch subscription service offering users high-quality watches at various pricing tiers and shipping frequencies
- Watch Gang curates its offering based on an individual’s lifestyle
- Monthly partnerships with a different watchmaker guarantee new styles and values greater than membership fees
How It Works
- Upon signing up, customers fill out a quiz consisting of background on user’s watch history and needs
- According to the user profile and quiz selections, Watch Gang suggests a product tier (Original, Black or Platinum) and shipping frequency (monthly, quarterly or on-demand)
- Customers can expect to receive their first watch within three business days of signing up
Cost and Subscription Frequency
- Subscription prices vary by tier (Watch Gang Original: $49.99/month, Watch Gang Black: $99.99/month, Watch Gang Platinum: $299.99/month)
- Progressive discounts for pre-paying customers with a Watch Gang subscription (in 3-, 6- and 12-month increments) is also offered
- The watch club allows users the option to receive shipments monthly, quarterly or on-demand
- Watch Gang does not offer any refunds or accept returns for any unwanted watches
- There are no cancellation fees associated with terminating a subscription
Creating a Watch Gang Profile
Given its a mystery subscription service, Watch Gang asks its subscribers a series of questions to better understand their interests, uses and needs. In addition to providing details about your existing watch collection, subscribers also provide several personality and style preferences.
I found these questions very helpful but — especially given there are no refunds or exchanges — it may be helpful providing imagery of existing watches for users to better identify their style preferences (similar to Stitch Fix’s “Style Shuffle”).
What Watches Were In Watch Gang’s Latest Shipment?
For January’s Original Tier, Watch Gang users received a series of dive watches from Croton, Duxot and Invicta, as well as a Three Leagues sport watch. Each dive watch offers classic, timeless style and a stainless steel band while Three Leagues’ Artillery option featured a black band and variety.
January’s Black Tier featured multiple chronograph options from brands like Airain, RGMT and Armoury, plus a dive watch by Aquinas. The RGMT styles were especially bold and unforgettable while the Airain provided a more subtle look.
For it’s high-end tier, Watch Gang’s January Platinum collection featured impressive dive watch offerings by Archon and RGMT and a pair of sports watches from RGMT as well. Archon’s quality craftsmanship adds to its stunning sophistication, while RGMT’s Hydra offers an absolutely unique aesthetic featuring a colorful face and mesh band/nato strap, plus a scratch-resistant Sapphire Lens.
Additional Membership Benefits
In addition to its subscription serivce, Watch Gang membership also offers benefits both fun and, potentially, very valuable.
Each week, Watch Gang automatically enters every member into a raffle giveaway to win valuable timepieces – highlighted by its Rolex giveaway every Friday (in addition to a Seiko and Tag Heuer giveaway).
Watch Gang also offers members a fun way to acquire additional watches through its “Wheel of Watches” option. If you’ve ever seen Wheel of Fortune, you’ll know what we’re talking about. Members buy spin credits, add watches to their respective tiers and spin the wheel to see where they land and which watch they’ll receive. For the same spin cost of a Tier 5 watch, lucky members may win themselves a “grail.”
Is Watch Gang Worth it?
If we are to believe Watch Gang’s website claim that all watches are of equal or greater value than its membership cost then absolutely. You’re guaranteed to get what you pay for with the possibility of receiving items of even greater value. Not to mention weekly opportunities to receive luxury timepieces for free.
But it’s also hard to overlook the mystery and risk of it all. Pending your selected tier and frequency choices, it’s an expensive subscription service considering you don’t know what you’ll be receiving and you have no option to return your items. At a lower tier, however, this can be a fun, affordable way to upgrade your timepiece collection without a great deal of effort.
If you’re in need of a new watch or two — or many more than that — Watch Gang provides an interesting and intriguing choice thanks to its high-quality offerings, unique brand discoveries and potentially-lucrative membership benefits (a free Rolex!) and is absolutely a subscription service I want to give a try.
Is Watch Gang Expensive?
Watch Gang offers multiple pricing tiers:
- Original Tier: $49.99/monthly
- Black Tier: $99.99/monthly
- Platinum Tier: $299.99/monthly
Watch Gang also offers progressive discounts by pre-paying in multi-month increments.
Can You Return Your Watch?
No. Watch Gang does not offer any returns or refunds on shipped watches.
Is Watch Gang Easy to Cancel?
Yes. Members can cancel monthly subscriptions at no cost by emailing [email protected] However, refunds will not be issues for ending a prepaid subscription early.
Time to Give Watch Gang a Chance?
Have you ordered Watch Gang? What did you think of the watch styles? Were they worth it? Let us know below!
COUPON: Use code WATCHADDICT to get 15% off your first box!
Want more information about Watch Gang? Check out our previous Watch Gang reviews here.
How do subscribers rate Watch Gang?
get email alerts
add to list
Never miss a post: get email alerts about Watch Gang!
Enable notifications () to get the latest Watch Gang spoilers, reviews, deals, and news delivered to your inbox.