Zen Box Subscription Box Review + Coupon – August 2016
ZEN BOX is a monthly subscription box delivering essential oils and essential oil bends to your door. Every quarter (January, April, July and October), a 4th item is included in each box.
This box was sent to us at no cost for review. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
The Subscription Box: ZEN BOX
The Cost: The monthly cost is $39 with a promised value of $59.99. There are discounts for longer prepaid subscriptions and you can place your account on hold at any time. There is also a one oil per month subscription available for $10.99 (it’s hard to find so click here if you are interested).
The value for the Immune Boost and book is $34.99! (Zen Immune Boost is for both topical and inhalation, and includes essential oils to strengthen and support the immune system.)
The Products: 3 full-size Zen Essential Oils or Zen Essential Oils Blends and information via email on how use the oils, what the oils do, and interesting information on how to improve overall wellness. Check out the ZEN BOX FAQs for more info.
Ships to: US, for free
Keep Track of Your Subscriptions: Add this box to your subscription list or wishlist!
The August ZEN BOX includes Eucalyptus Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, Circulation Boost Essential Oil Blend and a bonus item, Homeology Rosemary Mint Cleaner sample.
ZEN BOX website states that essential oils can aid help with anxiety, restlessness, pain relief, headaches, immune system, focus and vitality and that “almost all essential oils anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and antibacterial.” If you’d like to know more about essential oils and their uses, Kathy Hershelow, the founder of Sublime Beauty Naturals and ZEN BOX, recently published a book on essential oils or there are plenty of other Internet sites with essential oil information.
ZEN BOX includes a business card with their contact information in the box and all other materials are sent electronically to the subscriber’s email address. I contacted ZEN BOX several times for information and received a response within the day – typically within hours. Their customer services is superb!
The information on each product and how to use it is sent as a link to a PDF document which you can see by clicking on this link. The information ZEN BOX sends is super useful and I like that they tell provide source and production information for their oils as this is one of the telltale signs of pure, high quality oils.
Zen Eucalyptus Oil –$19.95
Eucalyptus “is uplifting, soothes exhaustion and helps with energy, and it clears the mind and assists with focus.”
ZEN BOX says Eucalyptus Oil can be used in the following ways:
- As a strong antibacterial- use the Eucalyptus in a steam blend (a steam tent or breath in from your diffuser) for a few days, two to three times a day. It’s also preventative for cold or flu.
- For sinus problems or colds- at night, you can diffuse it or, make a cream or oil (4 drops in 2 ounces) and apply to chest and temples before bed.
- For fatigue and soreness- inhale or diffuse. If you have muscular tiredness, you can put a few drops in your favorite oil or cream and massage.
- Hand cleaner– Eucalyptus helps to cut through the grease. Put a few drops into your soap or a cream, or if you are especially dirty and greasy, mix some eucalyptus with Epsom salts and rub all around your hands.
- Diffuse eucalyptus in the home to invigorate, energize, refresh and protect.
Zen Sweet Orange Oil – $13.99
I love this in my diffuser. It smells sweet, citrusy and bright which makes me happy when I smell it.
The ZEN BOX information says lemon oil can be used as/for the following:
- Digestive support- It reduces constipation, gas, abdominal spasms, nausea, and vomiting. It’s also used for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pain and inflammation- Inhale, diffuse, add to bath water, or a compress.
- Kids love the smell- diffuse it to dispel tantrums or frustrations!
- An anti‐depressant- It provides an uplifting and fresh feeling that it adds happiness to your life!
- Astringent for skin- Orange, can tone the skin and reduce secretions.
- Immunostimulant- With its antibacterial, antioxidant actions & anti‐inflammatory effects, orange essential oil can be used to help support the immune system and promote overall well‐ being.
This blend should be used topically to help blood flow and circulation and to improve energy. One of their suggestions is to use it in the morning after using a skin brush. I like using a skin brush in the winter when my skin is dry so I’m will definitely use ZEN BOX’s suggestion.
I always try to figure out what the oils smell like to me before reading the descriptions. This one reminds me those old time stick candies in Cinnamon. I imagine this is one everyone could like. The description says this oil contains ginger, cinnamon, rosemary and basil. It’s great!
Gold Canyon Homeology Rosemary Mint Cleaner – (sample) Value $1.50?
Even though this isn’t considered a bonus month, subscribers received a small bonus. The size is fairly small so I don’t really know how to price it but it’s a nice addition! I used it to clean the bathroom sink area today and I really love the smell. I use a homemade cleaner with a vinegar in it so this was a big improvement in the olfactory department.
Verdict: I really enjoy ZEN BOX. I love trying new oils each month and learning about their various uses. The information ZEN BOX sends has been one of the best parts for me. I like reading the history on each oil that is included in the information they send. I always learn something new about the flower or herb and how to use the essential oil.
These oils are not the cheapest you can find but remember that it’s important to buy essential oils from a reputable supplier since they are not regulated. Many cheaper oils are cut with other oils and are not be pure. ZEN BOX says their oils are 100% pure therapeutic quality and are gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC/MS) tested, which is the way essential oils are tested for purity. The tests are conducted by Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS), a multinational company providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services. I requested to see one of the GC/MS reports and ZEN BOX sent it to me the same day. I’m certainly no expert but at this point I feel comfortable purchasing oils from ZEN BOX.
I’m happy with the value too. The box costs $39 (you can get it less with the 20ZENIMMUNE coupon) and ZEN BOX promises a value of $59.99 which seems fair to me. The full price value of just the oils is $59.00 and the current sale price value of the oils is $45.47 which is still more than the cost of the full price box.
What do you think of ZEN BOX?