3B Box Subscription Box Review – June 2016
3B Box is a monthly subscription box that helps you discover popular Asian beauty products.
My Subscription Addiction paid for this box. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes.)
The Subscription Box: 3B Box
The Cost: $12 per month + free shipping
The Products: 4-5 sample- and full-size Asian beauty products
Ships to: USA only
Keep Track of Your Subscriptions: Add this box to your subscription list or wishlist!
Each baggie comes with an info card detailing the month’s selection.
Wow! There is a whole 5-step skincare routine sealed in here. PurpleTale is a new brand to me too. Overall I love this line’s fragrance and non-stickiness.
1. Cleanser: This cleanser smells pleasantly like generic hand soap and made my face squeaky clean. I might even say too squeaky clean– I could feel a large friction between my hands and face when trying to wash it off.
2. Ampoule: I applied this gel-like ampoule dreading the stickiness that usually comes with viscous ampoules. To my surprise it dried to a matte finish and was not sticky at all! It didn’t smell like much and felt hydrating.
3. Sheet Mask: This is either a hydrogel or bio cellulose sheet mask! The mask is a two-piece cling wrap-like gel that adheres to the skin like– you guessed it– cling wrap. It smells really nice and the essence, although thick, doesn’t leave my face sticky afterwards.
4. Face Cream: This is a normal-looking white face cream with that same delicious fragrance. It left my face a little tacky but highly moisturized.
5. Neck Cream: The delicious fragrance strikes again! I can’t get enough. This neck cream looks the same as the face cream. It absorbs nicely and doesn’t leave my neck sticky.
Milky Dress Premium Brightener samples – $2?
You know how I say that Korean “whitening” products typically mean brightening? Well this time it’s the complete opposite. This brightener is actually a whitening cream. Its main purpose is to lighten skin tone. While this may be a bestseller in South Korea, I doubt whitening products are fashionable in the States. 3B Box may not have done enough research on the US demographic here (but this is only my opinion).
Anyway, this cream is actually pretty nice. It has a pleasant smell, absorbs quickly, and leaves no sticky residue. In the photo below, my left hand has no product on it and my right hand has a thin layer of Brightener applied. The lightening effect looks very pronounced in this photo but the contrast is much more subtle in real life. Also, when applied to my face, the cream seems to brighten my skin from within, without that white cast effect. That’s nice. At the end of the day, though, I don’t need face whitening products so this will only be used on my hands.
I received this in a Mishibox before. It’s a wash-off mask that contains manuka honey and coconut extract to smooth, calm, and moisturize skin. You can get several uses out of the little tub. I really like the honey consistency and smell– it looks and smells like something you should be smearing on toast. It took some effort to wash the mask off my face but left my face feeling smooth and plump afterwards.
My left hand is bare and my right hand has the Milky Dress Premium Brightener.
Mirai Clinical is a Japanese brand; I’ve never heard of it before! This full-size body spritzer has Japanese persimmon extract to keep the body smelling fresh. It was also apparently presented to Oscar nominees earlier this year. The Mirai Clinical website describes this as a deodorant spray so I sprayed this under my arms. The scent is kind of overwhelming but I think it indeed eliminates some body odor. That, or the spray is so overpowering I can’t smell anything else anymore.
Skinfood Black Sugar Serum Light – $7.75
This is a watery serum that contains black sugar and traditional Korean wine. It doesn’t smell like much, just a little bit sweet. Since it’s watery the serum absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin smooth, soft, and a little extra hydrated. Even though I don’t see any changes to my skin I still like it a lot.
Verdict: This month was great! I think 3B Box has really improved their curation from a couple months ago. Even though I think the Milky Dress cream is a little strange for the US demographic, I enjoyed trying all the products. My favorites are the PurpleTale Lovely Skin mask set and the Skinfood serum. Total value is an estimated $35.24, which is super for a $12 box. I hope 3B Box keeps going in this direction!
What do you think of 3B Box?