Skandicrush Subscriber Update – Boxes Pausing After March
Thank you Lily and Holly for letting us know about this email Skandicrush just sent subscribers:
Important news from Skandicrush
The March box is going out shortly – still waiting for one more product from Europe (I’m not sure why Swedish efficiency doesn’t seem to apply to me!). This month’s theme is “Bloom” and there will be three items (assuming the slowest boat in the world gets here).
I also wanted to thank you for helping Skandicrush grow so quickly. What started as a side project in September has now been growing 70% month over month with basically zero marketing. But I’m basically a one-woman show and frankly the growth is quickly outstripping my ability to execute at the level everyone deserves. So I’ve decided that I am going to suspend shipments for a couple months starting in April in order to focus on the following:
* Raise some money. I have been bootstrapping the business so far, but in order to deliver excellent box value, I need to be buying further in advance and in greater quantity than my various credit card juggling allows. I also need to get a team onboard so I can focus my energy on sourcing great products and to get the costs down – again that means more/better stuff in every box.
* Implement a new technology platform. There’s way too much manual work on the backend today. I have already started this effort and it should be ready to go in a couple months. This will allow much greater visibility for you into order and shipping status and less craziness on shipping week.
Once these have been done, then I feel we can execute the Skandicrush box at a much higher level and support some future initiatives I’ve been cooking up as well.
Of course if you have any thoughts on anything above, I’d *love* to hear them. (Seriously, I love to hear from you guys.) In the meantime, you don’t have to do anything about your monthly subscriptions. They’ve been paused for now but will automatically restart when we’re good to go on Skandicrush 2.0.
For those of you with prepaid subscriptions, there are three options:
1. Receive a pro-rated refund for the remaining months;
2. Keep your order open so you don’t miss any boxes when Skandicrush restarts;
3. Receive limited edition boxes in April – and in some cases May – to complete your order. (Best for gifts)
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice.
Thanks again. Now it’s back to tracking down our stuff from Sweden!
P.S. If all goes according to plan, tracking emails should go out next Monday.