Watch Gang Black Subscription Box Review – January 2018
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option. Check out September’s review of the Original option that’s $29 a month, also.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
About Watch Gang
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
January 2018 Watch Gang Black Review
The January 2018 Black tier shipment featured a sport and sleek watch from Heritor.
Watch Gang arrives with these illustrated cards. It’s really just to prompt you to share – but doesn’t reveal brands.
This month’s watch features a sporty mesh of stainless steel and black leather from Heritor.
The watch face really shows off the sporty but still rugged and fashionable look in all of its details. The date section has a piece of magnifying glass over it for easy reading, too.
Overall, the housing it’s super thick in any way. It maintains a smaller profile on my wrist, which is exactly what I’m looking for.
It’s powered by automatic movement, which is always my preference – no batteries needed. It’s also water resistant up to 330 feet.
The strap is a simple, thin, black leather band.
Like all of the watches I’ve received from Watch Gang, it also comes with warranty cards and information.
Verdict: I feel like I’m really building quite the arsenal of watches for all occasions and looks – and it’s been a blast. This month continues my love for this subscription – I’ve been able to gift these and keep them for different outfits without feeling burnt out – I’m always excited about what’s next!
To Wrap Up:
Can you still get this box if you sign up today? No – they’re shipping out February boxes at the moment – but each month is a mystery assortment with no guarantee that you’ll get the same watch as I do.
From their FAQ:
If you signup between the 1st and the 10th, you will receive that month’s watch and your membership will renew on the 30th. If you signup after the 10th, you will receive the following month’s watch. Our cut-off time for our monthly shipment is 4 PM PST on the 10th of each month. Your renewal will begin the following month on the 30th.
Coupon – There are no coupons at the moment.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?