Watch Gang Subscription Box Review – September 2017
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Original option.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are three tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Platinum – $299 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $29/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $99/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- NEW Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $299/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
The Watch Gang sign-up process has changed a bit – you’ll no longer select your style profile as part of the process. Instead, according to the FAQ, you’ll be able to send in your style preferences through this workflow.
The brands aren’t revealed on the cards anymore. Instead, they just have a bit of a teaser of the style of watch in the card’s imagery.
Lucien Piccard Watch – Value $200 on Amazon
It took a lot of hunting – but I found the watch online! This is the Aquavita line from Lucien Piccard.
It’s a rose gold band with plenty of room for wrist size adjustments.
It’s a stainless steel construction and is waterproof up to 660 feet.
The latch and band are pretty standard – it’s one of the dressier/classier watches I’ve received from Watch Gang so far.
Verdict: As always, the value is definitely there again this month! Style-wise, this one isn’t really something I’d wear around a lot – but it might make sense to have something like this for a more formal occasion – I think I’ll store it away for that time.
What do you think of Watch Gang? Do you subscribe?