Watch Gang Subscription Box Review – August 2017
Watch Gang is a watch subscription service that sends a new watch for you to keep each month. Each month they partner with a brand for their watches, and one lucky subscriber will receive a Rolex!
This is a review of the Watch Gang Black option.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Subscription Box: Watch Gang
There are two tiers for this subscription:
- Watch of the Month Club – $29 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch Gang Black – $99 + $9.95 S/H
- Watch of the Month Club: Starting at $25/month for watches worth $50-$150. They are well made, generally using real leather and stainless steel with Japanese Miyota or Seiko movement. These watches are ideal for the collector looking to explore new microbrands at an awesome value. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- Watch Gang Black: Starting at $91/month for watches worth $150 – $500. Watches range from very well known brands to premium microbrands. They generally use automatic/mechanical movements or Swiss Quartz. Overall, the watches are more for the “watch enthusiast” looking to discover an excellent timepiece at an amazing value. Limited memberships available. Eligible for the Rolex drawing every Friday.
- NEW Watch Gang Platinum: Starting at $275/month for Premium Microbrands and Large Name Brand Watches worth $500-$1,500. Japanese or Swiss Automatic Movement. Eligible for all Giveaways, plus Access to Flash Sales.
Ships To: Worldwide
Let’s walk through the Watch Gang setup process.
It’s very similar to the steps you’d take on a clothing subscription – you’ll choose options you’d like to receive the most to what is least preferable. It doesn’t mean you definitely won’t get something you like least, but they do their best to cater to your profile.
Here are the options you’ll be able to choose from to help them get the best mystery watch for you!
It arrives with a card. In the past, these stated all of the possible brands for the different subscription levels – but it looks like they’ve done away with that.
This month’s watch comes from TW Steel – which is a brand that makes big and bold watches – they even like using ‘Big Time’ as a slogan.
In the past, I’ve received high-end watches with really unique cases, sometimes with extras in the case, but the TW Steel watch is very sleek and straightforward.
This is the CB216 model watch. It’s got a bold looking, large, watch face, surrounded by matte black stainless steel finishes.
My favorite feature? This little window into the inner-workings of the timing system – very cool to see all the little bits doing their job!
The watch is about 4-5 links too large to fit on my wrist – and I’ll need a small glasses screwdriver to remove what I need from the band – so I couldn’t model this one on my wrist. But, it’s big and bold with a 2-inch diameter face and a 15mm thick housing.
It’s got the typical latch wristband for a metal link band. Up to 9 on these links can be removed, so it should fit after a bit of tinkering.
It even has this screw on cap on the side of the watch. With this screwed on, you’re able to protect the watch winding mechanism while you’re wearing – no accidental watch winding here.
Verdict: I really can’t get enough of this subscription so far! I’m a sucker for watches and I’m always wanting to try new ones – so this is perfect for me! I’ve even been able to gift a watch or two to my dad who has put them to good use. Even when the watch has been my exact style, I’ve had no problems gifting them – plus, Watch Gang has their own trading group.
What do you think of Watch Gang?