Target Beauty Box for Her Review – December 2014
FYI – these are one-time purchase boxes and currently all sold out. (They typically sell out within 48 hours). If you want to make sure you don’t miss out on the next Target Beauty Box, make sure to sign up for the My Subscription Addiction daily newsletter!
My Subscription Addiction paid for this box. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Box: Target Beauty Box for Her (Sold Out)
The Cost: $10 with free shipping (one time purchase)
The Products: T
The Target Beauty Box for Her ($50 Value) includes:
1) Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen – Black Noir – This Pixi eye pencil delivers a liquid liner effect without the fuss & is free of parabens, mineral oil and preservatives. Target Exclusive.
2) Revlon HD Lacquer – True hue clarity meets brilliant shine in high-def shades that drench lips in glossy, lacquered, saturated color. Color will vary. Full size.
3) Hair Food Thickening Solution or Hair Food Moisturizing Mask – Hair Food thickening Solution is full of body-boosting ingredients that infuse hair with more fullness, softness and shine. Hair Food’s Moisturizing Mask pampers tired tresses with epic hydration. Each Beauty Box will include one of these two products. Full size.
4) L’Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara – Super charged volume meets intense spread for instantly glamorous lashes. Full size.
5) COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Kit – This cult classic boasts expertly matched shades that play perfectly together or can stand alone with effortless elegance. Full size.
6) ChapStick 3-N-1 Total Hydration Lip Care – Infuse thirsty lips with renewing moisture for a smoother, healthier-looking smile. Target Exclusive. Full size.
7) Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – Revitalize dehydrated skin overnight with this mineral-rich, ionized gel mask infused with dreamy Sleepscent™. Target Exclusive.
8) Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum – Get your holiday glow on with this hypoallergenic, anti-aging serum that smooths, hydrates and boosts radiance.
Delivered via: USPS
The box came with a fold out info sheet detailing each of the items, in addition to a $3 off a beauty purchase of $15 or more. And a 20% off Women’s Apparel coupon.
There is also a unique coupon code to use for $10 off a purchase at Dermstore.com. (From what I can tell there isn’t a purchase dollar amount requirement).
ChapStick 3-N-1 Total Hydration Lip Care in Sweet Peach – FULL SIZE! Value $3
Revlon HD Lacquer in Smoky Topaz – FULL SIZE! Value $9
I was originally thinking this would be a tinted lip balm because of the pink coloring on the label, but it’s a clear balm. It is very moisturizing and I like the peach flavor – no complaints here!
This Revlon HD Lip Lacquer has a brush tip applicator, and it’s a heavily pigmented gloss. It has a lot of shine and shimmer, but no stickiness – which is kind of amazing. This shade matches my lip color pretty well, so it’s more of a natural look for me, which I like. (Colors will vary box-to-box with this item.)
L’Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara – Value $8
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen – Black Noir (Mini) – Value $5
Thanks to subscription boxes I haven’t had to purchase mascara in a while, and I must admit it has been a long time since I’ve purchased a drugstore brand mascara. This L’Oreal one is kind of incredible though, so that might change. It gives good volume, great length, and I love the lash separation. (I’m guessing the awesome lash separation is due part to the formula and part to the double wing brush, though I don’t know if I even was using the wing brush correctly).
I always like Pixi products, but I think I’ll pass this black eyeliner along to a friend or swap it – only because I have more black eyeliner than I could ever get through right now!
COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Kit in 286 Smokey Nudes – FULL SIZE! Value $6
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – 20 ml Value $5.50
This eye enhancer shadow kit comes with a diagram of how to apply each shade on the back of the package – I always like that! The colors aren’t as pigmented as I was hoping for, but they do blend really well.
This sleeping mask is a target exclusive. After cleansing your face, you apply the mask, leave it on overnight, and wash it off in the morning. It gets good reviews, and this sample should give me a few applications, so I’ll give it a try!
Hair Food Thickening Hair Treatment – FULL SIZE! Value $12
This hair thickening solution is supposed to add bounce and volume to your hair – you apply a few pumps to towel dried hair by the roots and massage it in. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m intrigued. (Each box will include either the Thickening hair treatment or the Moisture Mask).
This serum sample is the only item in the box I’m not impressed with – I don’t get the point of sending out skincare 1-use samples when you need to use them for at least a week or two to see if there are any results.
Verdict: This box has a value of about $50 – awesome for the $10 price. Plus the bonus coupons are a nice addition. I also feel like this is a well-curated box of drugstore beauty products – not a box of random products.
What do you think of the Target Beauty Box for Her?