Quarterly Curator Hints & Spoilers for Holiday Boxes
Here are some new Quarterly curator spoilers for October and November boxes! (No boxes will be shipping in December).
Andrew Zimmern’s upcoming box is “Smoked” and includes a Smoked Olive Oil.
Animal’s upcoming box is themed “Italian Cucina.”
Nina’s box is shipping out in October as well. (This box is sold out but you can get on the waitlist). All I know so far is that this box will have an item with some sparkle! (I cannot wait to get my hands on this box – it’s one of my favorite subscriptions ever).
And I think Rosario Dawson’s box will be one of my new favorite subscriptions:
I found this article with the following spoilers:
Top 5 Reasons We Need Rosario’s Quarterly Co. Box:
1. 31 gifts for $50: Inspired by the holiday season and advent calendars, Rosario has packed a whopping 31 different items into this box. You can treat yourself to a gift every day in December, or better yet, get all of your stocking stuffer prep completed in one fell swoop! Voilà!
2. Artisan items from Africa: “My main favorite item in this box is actually the container from which you get all your items,” Rosario tells us. “It’s something we’re making in Ghana and I think it’s really cool. It’s hand batik! Everything that is batik is piece of art unto itself because every one is unique. I really like that everyone will be getting an item like that. In fact, there are two items like that in this box!” (Get more info on the African items, which are made possible by Rosario’s social collective Studio 189 here.)
3. Goes for good: Not only will proceeds of this box go toward getting water filters for cleaner water in West Africa (a necessity now more than ever, due to cholera and the Ebola outbreak), but you’ll be helping in a more direct way as well. Rosario explains, “It’s really important that we make sure we’re not just raising money for donations, but we’re actually creating partnerships. We’re supporting people doing what they love and what they are good at, and making sure they are successful so that they can put their own kids through school and protect their own kids from disease and famine.”
4. High-quality products: Not only will you be helping an incredible movement, but you’re guaranteed excellence. “Disney is supposed to be giving us an item for each box, same with [Jessica Alba’s] Honest Company,” Rosario says. “I’ve know Jessica for years now through the ‘Sin City’ stuff and I’m so proud of what she’s doing with her company. She wanted to help support what we’re doing with our company in Ghana, so she’s going to be giving us an item to put in each box.”
5. “Top Five” premiere trip: Oh, and did we mention you’re entered into a raffle to win two tickets to the “Top Five” premiere, which includes airfare and two nights in a hotel? Yeah, pretty sweet.
I subscribed to Rosario’s box after seeing what I missed in the first one – now I can’t wait to get this one – 31 items!