Formio Subscription Box Review – October 2014
Formio is a jewelry subscription service for accessories. They recently changed their subscription options a little, so here’s how it works:
- When you sign up, you select whether you’d like jewelry only, or jewelry + a clutch purse each month (both options include 4 pieces of jewelry).
- You then create a “wish list” of accessories from their selection receive in your subscription.
- Formio customizes your package just for you, and you can even reach out to them and ask for a specific style of item and they work to track it down for you! (If you sign up to get a clutch each month, they also customize your dust bag with a monogram of your initials!)
- You pay per month throughout your subscription, but you can keep your jewelry pieces as long as you like.
- When you’re ready for some new items, you pay for what you’d like to keep and send the rest back in a pre-paid return envelope they include for you.
Because each subscriber’s selections are so personalized, my Formio box will likely be different than what other subscribers receive. You can see Formio’s complete catalog of accessories here.
This box was sent to us for review purposes. (Check out the review process post to learn more about how we review boxes).
The Subscription Box: Formio
The Cost: $18/month for jewelry only OR $24/month for jewelry + a clutch, plus the cost of whatever you choose to keep.
The Products: 4 accessories, or 4 accessories and a clutch
Ships to: US
Check out all of our Formio reviews!
Vivre Collection, Moonlight – Retail: $88, Member price to keep: $54
This clutch feels really well made and I’m a fan of the style. I think it is eye catching and versatile!
Manhattan Collection, City Sights Mod – Retail: $56, Member price to keep: $24
In last month’s review, I mentioned that their jewelry selection was primarily comprised of gold pieces and offered very few silver options. Formio took my feedback and made sure to add a lot more silver pieces! Not only am I happy to have more options, but I’m always thrilled when a subscription box really works to make changes based off of feedback.
This bracelet is one of the new, silver additions to their selection!
Manhattan Collection, Love Note – Retail: $74, Member price to keep $26
Manhattan Collection, Fifth Avenue Mod – Retail: $65, Member price to keep: $22
Stud earrings are my favorite, and I got two pairs in my bag this month. My favorite are the Fifth Avenue earrings, but both pairs are really pretty and easy to wear.
Versailles Collection, La Joie – Retail: $64, Member price to keep: $24
This bracelet is just my style – simple and silver! This might be my favorite item this month – I know it’s something I can wear every day.
Verdict: One thing that I like best about Formio is that you create your own wish list of accessories to get, so you know you won’t receive anything you wouldn’t pick yourself. They also have a nice variety of styles in their selection, so I feel you can find items for both casual and more formal outfits. I really liked my selection this month, personally, and I know I’ll enjoy using each item.
What do you think of my Formio selection and the changes they’ve made recently?