Tasting Room by Lot 18 Wine Review
A couple months ago I found out that the wine subscription box Tasting Room by Lot 18 opened up their shipping states to include PA and a lot of other states, so I immediately signed up. It’s been a fun subscription so far – the first shipment they send you is a 6 mini-bottle box for taste testing, and then you let them know in your online account which wines you liked. (Check out my review of the mini-bottle box).
After the tasting box, you get a 6-bottle case for $59.99 with free shipping, then a regular 12-bottle case for $149 plus $19.99 shipping every three months after that. (This review is of the 12-bottle case).
A little background on how the Tasting Room works:
1) You sign up and get a Tasting Box (what I’m reviewing). It costs $9.95 with free shipping.
2) You receive 6 mini wine bottles to taste and give feedback on. (FYI this box ships UPS and you must sign for it).
3) You rate the wines on their site, and they customize wine selections for you.
4) In a few weeks they ship you a case of 6 wine bottles for $59
5) In 3 months your next case ships at the standard rate of $149.99 plus $19.99 shipping. ($14.16 a bottle).
6) You can always cancel whenever – just email or call.
I really liked the Mythmaker wine – it’s light and crisp, just how I like my white wine!
(FYI I received two bottles of every wine pictured).
I don’t like red wine, but my friend tried the Loophold Pinot Noir, and liked it a lot!
Verdict: When I first signed up for this box, their program terms were a little different – so I paid $84.99 for my first 12-bottle case and I’m very happy with the value of this box. I think the $59 price for 6 bottles delivered is a great deal too.
I am by no means a wine expert, but I really enjoyed the white wine I tried so far (both bottles are now gone), and I’m excited to try the other white wine. (Plus it’s fun to say I have to drink this wine for a review!)
Have you tried the Tasting Room subscription yet? What did you think of the wine?